Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 July 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Latest Omicron-fueled Lanzhou flare-up shows upward trend with transmission detected in communities Global Times 14 Jul 2022 -- The latest COVID-19 flare-up in Lanzhou city, Northwest Gansu Province is in the rising period with transmission of highly contagious Omicron subvariant BA.2.38 in communities detected.
- Chinese mainland reports 86 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Wednesday reported 86 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 36 in Gansu and 32 in Guangdong, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- S.China's Zhuhai refutes lockdown rumor after kindergarten cluster infection Global Times 14 Jul 2022 -- Zhuhai in South China's Guangdong Province refuted the rumor that the city will be put under lockdown due to the latest COVID-19 resurgence. The city has punished three rumor makers with administrative detention and a fine.
- Over 172,000 people in Hong Kong take 4th dose of COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 14 Jul 2022 -- A total of 172,941 people in Hong Kong have taken a fourth dose of COVID-19 vaccines, official data showed Wednesday.
- US bill seeks to counter Chinese 'disinformation' on Tibet Radio Free Asia 14 Jul 2022 -- A new bill in the U.S. Congress seeks to pressure Chinese leaders to enter into talks with the Dalai Lama to resolve issues relating to Tibet, including by directing the State Department to actively counter any disinformation from Beijing related to the history of the formerly independent country.
- Top political advisor calls on Taiwan compatriots to stand firmly on right side of history People's Daily 14 Jul 2022 -- China's top political advisor Wang Yang on Wednesday called on Taiwan compatriots to gain a clear understanding of the overall trend of cross-Strait relations and stand firmly on the right side of history.
- DPP warned not to use mainland patrol vessel for political manipulation People's Daily 14 Jul 2022 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson on Wednesday warned Taiwan's Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authority to stop using the mainland's patrol vessel Haixun 06 to bring about political manipulation and confusion.
- PLA's attack helicopters start routine border patrols in high-altitude Karakoram Global Times 14 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army's (PLA) attack helicopters started to join transport helicopters in routine border patrols in the high-altitude Karakoram Mountains, a move analysts said on Thursday will enable the PLA border defense troops to gain enhanced air support and better safeguard the country's national sovereignty and territorial integrity.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin's Regular Press Conference on July 14, 2022 PRC MofA 14 Jul 2022
- US rushes sudden interest in PICs in unpopular push to counter China Global Times 14 Jul 2022 -- When leaders of Pacific nations met in person for the first time since the COVID pandemic at the Pacific Islands Forum (PIF) in Suva of Fiji to discuss issues key to regional development, the US announced a package of measures including two embassies and more funding to boost engagement with the Pacific island countries (PICs) in a bid to counter China's influence and presence in the region.
- World will oppose "U.S. rules" of foreign interference: FM spokesperson People's Daily 14 Jul 2022 -- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin said on Wednesday that the "U.S. rules" of interfering in other countries' internal affairs will be opposed by people all over the world.
- China's Xi Jinping makes unannounced visit to Xinjiang Radio Free Asia 14 Jul 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping made an unannounced visit to the Xinjiang capital of Urumqi this week, state media reported Thursday, marking his second trip in eight years to the region where rights groups and several Western nations accuse him of carrying out a genocide against Uyghur Muslims.
- Chinese homebuyers withdraw mortgage repayments in protest at stalled construction Radio Free Asia 14 Jul 2022 -- Homebuyers across China are threatening a mortgage payment strike in protest at stalled construction of off-plan properties by major developers across the country.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list