Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
09 July 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- HKSAR gov't appeals to all sectors to continue to fight COVID-19 together People's Daily 09 Jul 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Friday strongly appealed to all sectors of the community including domestic helpers to continue to fight the COVID-19 virus together.
- Chinese mainland reports 67 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Friday reported 67 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 25 in Anhui and 11 in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Saturday.
- Newer Omicron subvariants account for over 70 pct new infections in U.S. People's Daily 09 Jul 2022 -- The newer and most contagious Omicron subvariants, known as BA.4 and BA.5, now made up over 70 percent of COVID-19 infections in the United States, according to data released by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) this week.
- Extremely dangerous for U.S. senators to connive at, support "Taiwan independence": spokesperson People's Daily 09 Jul 2022 -- Some U.S. senators' erroneous words and acts that interfered in China's internal affairs and connived at and supported "Taiwan independence" separatist activities are extremely dangerous, a mainland spokesperson said Friday.
- DPP, KMT condemn Chinese aircraft for crossing Taiwan Strait median line CNA 09 Jul 2022 -- Taiwan's ruling Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) and main opposition Kuomintang (KMT) on Saturday strongly denounced China for flying warplanes across the median line of the Taiwan Strait in northern Taiwan the previous day, reaffirming their resolution to defend the nation's security.
- China stresses true multilateralism at G20 FMs' meeting amid US attempt to split bloc over Russia-Ukraine conflict Global Times 09 Jul 2022 -- China stressed the significance of true multilateralism, openness and inclusiveness within the framework of G20 at the G20 foreign ministers' meeting on Friday, with Chinese observers saying China's stance reflected the voices of developing countries and emerging economies in seeking equal and joint efforts in tackling acute global challenges amid a US-led small bloc's attempt to split the G20 by inciting confrontation between camps over the Russia-Ukraine conflict.
- Direction of US-China ties in danger of going 'astray': Chinese FM Press TV 09 Jul 2022 -- China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi has warned the direction of US-China relations is in danger of being further led "astray" due to Washington's perception of Beijing.
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken And Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi Before Their Meeting US Dept. of State 09 Jul 2022
- Blinken asks China to stand up against Russia's war in Ukraine Press TV 09 Jul 2022 -- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken called on Chinese foreign minister Wang Yi to stand up against Russia's war in Ukraine when they met at the G20 summit on the Indonesian island of Bali on Saturday.
- Blinken Assails China's 'Alignment With Russia' Over Ukraine Invasion RFE/RL 09 Jul 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken told his Chinese counterpart that Beijing's political support for Russia's war with Ukraine is complicating the relationship with Washington.
- Blinken Raises Concerns about Ukraine with Chinese Counterpart VOA 09 Jul 2022 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken told his Chinese counterpart Saturday that China's support for Russia's war in Ukraine is complicating U.S.-Chinese relations at a time when they are already beset by rifts and enmity over numerous other issues. Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi blamed the U.S. for the downturn in relations and said American policy has been derailed by what he called a misperception of China as a threat.
- Xi sends condolences to Japanese PM on Abe's death Global Times 09 Jul 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday sent a message of condolences to Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida on the "sudden and unfortune" passing of former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on behalf of the Chinese government and people and in his own name, and expressed sympathies to Abe's family.
- President Xi Jinping Sends Message of Condolence to Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida following the Passing of Former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe PRC MofA 09 Jul 2022 -- President Xi Jinping sent aâ€‚message of condolencesâ€‚to Japanese Prime Minister Fumioâ€‚Kishidaâ€‚on the passing of former Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on July 9.
- China Boasts of 'Mind-reading' Artificial Intelligence that Supports 'AI-tocracy' VOA 09 Jul 2022 -- An artificial intelligence (AI) institute in Hefei, in China's Anhui province, says it has developed software that can gauge the loyalty of Communist Party members - something that, if true, would be considered a breakthrough, but has sparked public outcry.
- Africa's Donkeys Are Being Stolen and Slaughtered for Chinese Medicine VOA 09 Jul 2022 -- How did a popular period drama on Chinese TV help lead to the theft and brutal slaughter of millions of donkeys in Africa?
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list