Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
04 July 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Sinovac launches clinical trial for Omicron-specific vaccine Global Times 04 Jul 2022 -- Sinovac on Monday kicked off a clinical trial in Hong Kong to assess the safety and immunogenicity of its Omicron-specific COVID-19 inactivated vaccine, which is intended to be used as a booster shot for healthy adults.
- Outbreak in Anhui county reveals anti-epidemic dilemma in rural areas Global Times 04 Jul 2022 -- While Chinese cities like Beijing and Shanghai have gradually built up a complete system to cope with the novel coronavirus, those at county level and rural areas, where medial resources are less abundant, are now faced with a severe test as shown in the latest outbreak in Sixian county in East China's Anhui Province.
- China's Anhui resorts to closed-off management, mass testing to contain COVID-19 People's Daily 04 Jul 2022 -- East China's Anhui Province has adopted coordinated, scientific and precise measures to contain the latest COVID-19 rebound, with closed-off management and massive nucleic acid testing rolled out in virus-hit areas.
- China's Anhui reports 29 confirmed, 258 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Jul 2022 -- East China's Anhui Province reported 29 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases and 258 local asymptomatic carriers on Sunday, the provincial health commission said Monday.
- 50 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 04 Jul 2022 -- A total of 50 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Sunday, the National Health Commission said in its Monday report.
- Chinese mainland reports 41 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Jul 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Sunday reported 41 locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, 29 of which were in Anhui Province, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Hong Kong to distribute 290,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 04 Jul 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Sunday that it will distribute around 290,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Two old people in Macao die after testing positive for COVID-19 People's Daily 04 Jul 2022 -- Two women aged 94 and 100 have died after testing positive for COVID-19 in China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) , according to the Novel Coronavirus Response and Coordination Center of Macao on Sunday.
- Shanghai reports 2 confirmed, 1 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 04 Jul 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported two confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and one local asymptomatic case on Sunday, the municipal health commission said Monday.
- Chinese, Russian warships approach Diaoyu Islands as Russia 'sends warning to Japan' Global Times 04 Jul 2022 -- Japan's Ministry of Defense hyped on Monday that Chinese and Russian warships were spotted near the Diaoyu Islands in the East China Sea almost at the same time earlier in the day. Chinese and Russian vessels have the right, albeit different, to freely navigate in the contiguous zone of the Diaoyu Islands of China, experts pointed out, saying that the Russian Navy's recent military activities in the West Pacific is a warning to Japan amid Japanese sanctions on Russia over the Ukraine crisis.
- China's latest CH tilt-rotor drone gets domestically developed engine Global Times 04 Jul 2022 -- With a procurement contract signed recently, China's latest CH large tilt-rotor drone will get a domestically developed turboshaft engine, giving the aircraft advantages in terms of efficiency and reliability in transport missions, developers said on Monday.
- China censures 'irresponsible remarks' by NASA about Beijing's space program Press TV 04 Jul 2022 -- China has decried "irresponsible remarks" by an official from NASA about the country's regular activities in outer space and what was claimed to be Beijing's possible efforts to take over the Moon as part of a military program.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on July 4, 2022 PRC MofA 04 Jul 2022
- Commissioner's Office of Chinese FM condemns French politicians for slandering the practice of 'one country, two systems' in Hong Kong Global Times 04 Jul 2022 -- The Commissioner's Office of the Chinese Foreign Ministry in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) strongly disapproved, firmly rejected and roundly condemned the slander against the practice of "one country, two systems" in Hong Kong by some French politicians on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong's return to the motherland.
- New transit yard of China-Laos railway to boost ASEAN logistics, economy: China's FM Global Times 04 Jul 2022 -- The launch of a new transit yard for the China-Laos Railway is expected to improve the efficiency of freight transport between China and ASEAN, Zhao Lijian, a spokesperson for China's Foreign Minister, said on Monday, after the new freight transit yard for the China-Laos Railway was launched at Vientiane South Station on Friday.
- China proposes 6 programs with Lancang-Mekong countries despite 'customary' Western provocation of ties Global Times 04 Jul 2022 -- China on Monday proposed six programs which will benefit the Lancang-Mekong countries aside from China, namely Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam, including cooperation plans in agriculture, water resources, digital economy, aerospace, education, and public health, as Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi chaired the Lancang-Mekong Cooperation Foreign Ministers' Meeting (LMC) in Bagan, Myanmar.
- Chinese researchers develop device they say can test loyalty of ruling party members Radio Free Asia 04 Jul 2022 -- Researchers in the eastern Chinese province of Anhui say they have developed a device that can determine loyalty to the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) using facial scans.
- Hacker puts 1 billion Chinese citizens' leaked personal data up for sale Radio Free Asia 04 Jul 2022 -- A hacker has claimed to be selling the personal data of 1 billion Chinese nationals leaked from a Shanghai police database, according to a post by user "ChinaDan" on the hacker forum Breach Forums that was widely shared on Telegram.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list