Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
26 June 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Epidemic situation remains grim and complex in Dandong with more sporadic COVID-19 cases expected Global Times 26 Jun 2022 -- With sporadic cases from unknown sources reported in Dandong, Northeast China's Liaoning Province, experts noted the epidemic prevention and control situation in the city bordering North Korea remains grim and complex as the risk of a large-scale rebound of epidemic still exists.
- 76 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 26 Jun 2022 -- A total of 76 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Saturday, the National Health Commission said in its Sunday report.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland Saturday reported two locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, which were in Beijing and Guangdong respectively, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Hong Kong to distribute 220,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 26 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Saturday that it will distribute around 220,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- US sends destroyer to South China Sea after provocative spy plane flyover in Taiwan Straits Global Times 26 Jun 2022 -- The US Navy reportedly sent a warship to the South China Sea on Saturday, only one day after a US spy plane provocatively flew over the Taiwan Straits under the close monitoring of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA). Chinese experts said on Sunday that the US vessel might also stir up troubles in the South China Sea or the Taiwan Straits, yet the PLA would be ready to deal with any aggressions it could make.
- US Expects NATO Strategic Concept to Contain 'Strong' Language on China, White House Says Sputnik 26 Jun 2022 -- The United States expects that the updated NATO strategic concept, which will be adopted during the upcoming summit in Madrid, will contain some "strong" language on China, a White House official said on Sunday.
- Xi underscores importance of better respecting public opinion, following aspirations of the people Global Times 26 Jun 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has underscored the importance of better listening to the people's voices by making good use of the internet and other channels, after millions of public suggestions were made on the work related to the upcoming 20th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC).
- Xi stresses listening to people's voices through internet, other channels Global Times 26 Jun 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has underscored the importance of better listening to the people's voices by making use of the internet and other channels.
- China Implores US to Stop Sitting on Afghanistan's Assets Sputnik 26 Jun 2022 -- In February, the Biden administration split $7 billion in Afghan Central Bank funds into a $3.5 billion 'humanitarian trust', and a separate $3.5 billion slush fund for 'the victims of the 9/11 terror attacks'. The Taliban*, Russia, China, other countries and the United Nations have slammed Washington over the decision.
- China to provide 50 million yuan of emergency humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan People's Daily 26 Jun 2022 -- After the earthquake disaster in Afghanistan, the Chinese government has decided to provide 50 million yuan (about 7.46 million U.S. dollars) of emergency humanitarian assistance to Afghanistan, a Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson said on Saturday.
- G7 Announces Infrastructure Program To Counter China's Belt And Road Initiative RFE/RL 26 Jun 2022 -- The Group of Seven (G7) has formally launched a global infrastructure and investment partnership aimed at countering a Chinese program that has been embraced by many developing countries.
- Interview: 'They've broken their word, as I'm afraid they do regularly' Radio Free Asia 26 Jun 2022 -- The last UK governor of Hong Kong, Chris Patten, blames the Chinese Communist Party for the city's malaise.
- Interview: How Much Is China Helping Russia Finance Its War In Ukraine? RFE/RL 26 Jun 2022 -- China's growing appetite for discounted Russian oil has made it the leading financier of the Kremlin's war in Ukraine by giving Moscow a reliable revenue source that blunts the impact of tough Western sanctions against its economy.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list