Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 June 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Shanghai Party chief declares victory against Omicron at key meeting, says history will remember all those who contribute Global Times 25 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai on Saturday announced it has won the battle against the latest round of COVID-19 outbreak, a confirmation of the correct decisions and plans made by the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, as well as unity and painstaking efforts by people across the country.
- Beijing primary, middle schools to reopen on Monday as Omicron further subsides; nucleic tests twice a week required Global Times 25 Jun 2022 -- Students of elementary, middle and high schools in the capital city are slated to return to school on Monday. This comes as the city further lifts pandemic epidemic response restrictions and steadily returns to normalcy as the latest outbreak continues to wane.
- Residents in risk-free regions allowed free movement in border city Dandong Global Times 25 Jun 2022 -- Residents in COVID-19 risk-free regions in Dandong, a border city in Northeast China's Liaoning Province have been allowed to move around freely in an orderly manner within the city so long as they have a negative nucleic acid test result within 48 hours, the local authorities said on Friday.
- Changing people's health codes for reasons other than epidemic control forbidden: National Health Commission Global Times 25 Jun 2022 -- An official from China's National Health Commission (NHC) emphasized on Friday that it is absolutely forbidden for local governments to change people's health QR codes for reasons other than epidemic prevention and control.
- Chinese military slams US warplane's Taiwan Strait flyover PLA Daily 25 Jun 2022 -- The US sent a P-8A anti-submarine patrol aircraft to fly over the Taiwan Strait on June 24 and hyped it up publicly. The air and ground forces of the Eastern Theater Command of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) tracked and monitored the US aircraft's passage and remained alert in the whole course, said Senior Colonel Shi Yi, spokesperson for the PLA Eastern Theater Command, in a written statement released on Saturday.
- U.S. flies aircraft over Taiwan Strait to counter China's military expansion: analysts CNA 25 Jun 2022 -- Local military experts say the recent passage of a United States Navy P-8A Poseidon through the Taiwan Strait is a move aimed at countering China's claims to the waterway as its internal waters and its "systematic expansion" in the region.
- China condemns US military flyover over Taiwan Strait Press TV 25 Jun 2022 -- China's military says the recent flight of a US maritime plane over the Taiwan Strait posed a threat to regional security, noting its forces are closely monitoring the situation.
- Chinese Army Expresses Protest to Washington Over Flight of US Military Plane Near Taiwan Sputnik 24 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese army has expressed protest to the United States over a flight of a US military plane P-8A Poseidon over the Taiwan Strait.
- PLA monitors US spy aircraft flyover in Taiwan Straits, vows to safeguard national sovereignty Global Times 25 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) monitored the flyover of a US spy aircraft over the Taiwan Straits on Friday, vowing to safeguard national sovereignty and territorial integrity amid large-scale military drills in the region in response to repeated provocations by the "Taiwan independence" secessionists and US, Japanese interference forces.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin's Remarks on China's Emergency Humanitarian Assistance for the Earthquake in Afghanistan PRC MofA 25 Jun 2022
- President Xi Jinping Chairs and Delivers Important Remarksâ€‚at the High-level Dialogue on Global Development PRC MofA 25 Jun 2022 -- Xiâ€‚stressed the need to forge aâ€‚united, equal, balanced and inclusive high-quality global development partnershipâ€‚and jointly foster a new era of global development featuring benefits for all, balance, coordination, inclusiveness, win-win cooperation and common prosperity.
- Amid COVID Battle, China Pledges to Bolster Economies of 4 Nations, Including Russia VOA 25 Jun 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping pledged this week to help advance four economic powers, despite pandemic problems at home and knock-on effects from Russia's war in Ukraine. Analysts expect the pledges to take time, with no immediate results.
- Xi to attend meeting marking 25th anniversary of HK's return to motherland, 'charting city's future course of devt' Global Times 25 Jun 2022 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping will attend a meeting marking the 25th anniversary of Hong Kong's return to the motherland and will also attend the inaugural ceremony of the sixth-term government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the Xinhua News Agency reported on Saturday.
- Greater success expected for Hong Kong under "one country, two systems" People's Daily 25 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government has published an official commemorative book to mark the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the HKSAR.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list