Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
11 June 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Bar-related outbreak makes 115 people infected, 6,158 quarantined in Beijing Global Times 11 Jun 2022 -- The sporadic outbreak that started at a bar in Beijing is at a rapidly spreading stage and the transmission risk remains high, said a Beijing health official on Saturday as infections related to the outbreak amounted to 115 as of 3 pm on Saturday.
- Shanghai punishes officials for causing infection risks at two places Global Times 11 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai on Saturday issued the results of the investigation and handling of problems related to centralized quarantine site at Hua Ting Hotel & Towers in Xuhui district.
- Hong Kong to distribute about 200,000 RAT kits following sewage COVID-19 detection People's Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government said Friday that it will distribute around 200,000 sets of COVID-19 rapid antigen test (RAT) kits as part of a follow-up on the recent detection of the COVID-19 virus in sewage samples.
- Shanghai reports 7 confirmed, 9 asymptomatic local COVID cases People's Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported seven confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and nine local asymptomatic cases on Friday, the municipal health commission said Saturday.
- 88 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- A total of 88 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Friday, the National Health Commission said in its Saturday report.
- Beijing reports 36 confirmed, 25 asymptomatic local COVID cases People's Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reports 36 confirmed and 25 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases on Friday, the municipal health commission said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 65 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 65 local confirmed COVID-19 cases, including 36 in Beijing and 19 in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Chinese defense minister reiterates China's resolute position on Taiwan question PLA Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- Chinese State Councilor and Defense Minister Wei Fenghe has reiterated China's resolute position on the Taiwan question.
- Austin, Chinese Minister Meet Asian Leaders Amid Diplomatic Rivalry VOA 11 Jun 2022 -- The Shangri-La Dialogue in Singapore is Asia's most prominent security summit, in addition to being a hotspot of diplomatic competition.
- US Defense Chief Assures Asian Countries Assistance Against Chinese Aggression VOA 11 Jun 2022 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin on Saturday outlined U.S. plans to assist Asian nations, including Taiwan, against an increasingly aggressive China, while managing tension and preventing conflict in the region.
- 19th Shangri-La Dialogue kicks off in Singapore PLA Daily 11 Jun 2022 -- The 19th Shangri-La Dialogue, hosted by International Institute for Strategic Studies (IISS), opened here Friday evening after a two-year COVID-19 pandemic hiatus.
- China engages US and regional countries at Shangri-La dialogue 'with confidence, determination to safeguard sovereignty, national interest, regional peace' Global Times 11 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese military delegation engaged in a series of dialogue and meetings with the US and other Asian countries including South Korea and Singapore, as well as the leader of Singapore, during the ongoing Shangri-La Dialogue, which successfully made clear China's stance on safeguarding regional peace and its determination to defend itself against all offensive attempts that could harm China's sovereignty and national interests.
- Chinese delegation says Indo-Pacific Strategy 'fanning confrontation' as US defense chief made 'most barefaced' Shangri-La speech attacking China Global Times 11 Jun 2022 -- US' Indo-Pacific Strategy is aimed at maintaining US hegemony, creating divisions and fanning confrontation, the Chinese delegation said, refuting US Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin's speech at the IISS Shangri-La Dialogue on Saturday as Austin took advantage of the stage to propagandize US' Indo-Pacific Strategy and to point finger at China.
- China, Russia Open Cross-Border Bridge Amid Sanctions, Criticism VOA 11 Jun 2022 -- The first highway bridge connecting China and Russia opened Friday, the first day of the 3-day Shangri-La Summit in Singapore. Construction of the bridge was completed two years back, but it remained unused because of the coronavirus pandemic.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list