Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
07 June 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- For Shanghai's Businesses, 'Open' Has Different Meanings as Lockdown Lifts VOA 07 Jun 2022 -- In post-lockdown Shanghai, "open" means different things to different businesses, and the only shared sentiment is the future is hard to predict.
- Shanghai reports 3 confirmed, 7 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jun 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported three confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and seven local asymptomatic cases on Monday, the municipal health commission said Tuesday.
- Shanghai adds 3 local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jun 2022 -- Shanghai reported three locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases during the 17 hours to 5 p.m. on Monday, the municipal health commission said at a press conference Monday.
- Beijing reports zero local COVID-19 infections People's Daily 07 Jun 2022 -- Beijing reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases during the 15 hours leading up to 3 p.m. on Monday, according to local authorities.
- Hong Kong's home vaccination service offers jabs to 18,000 people People's Daily 07 Jun 2022 -- Hong Kong's Home Vaccination Service rolled out in late April has administered vaccination to nearly 18,000 people, the latest data showed Monday.
- Cambodia denies that China is building secret facility at Ream Naval Base Radio Free Asia 07 Jun 2022 -- China is not secretly building a military facility for its exclusive use inside a naval base Cambodia, a government spokesman said, dismissing a new report that detailed how both countries have been concealing a project that first gained U.S. attention in 2019.
- Chinese Ambassador attends ceremony at controversial Cambodian base Radio Free Asia 07 Jun 2022 -- A ground-breaking ceremony got underway on Wednesday morning at the Ream Naval Base in Cambodia for a Chinese-assisted development project that is causing grave concerns to the U.S. and allies.
- Chinese FM slams US media report faking 'Chinese military base' in Cambodia Global Times 07 Jun 2022 -- Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian on Monday slammed a US media report that claimed China was building an exclusive military base in Cambodia, criticizing the US for spreading disinformation of other countries while maintaining a strong military presence around the world and flexing its military muscle.
- China warns Australia to stop 'dangerous' maneuvers in S China Sea after aircraft interception Press TV 07 Jun 2022 -- China says its military intercepted Australian military aircraft in the South China Sea and "drove it away" as the aircraft threatened the country's sovereignty and security.
- US rallies Canada, Australia for close-in recon on China; 'PLA could do similar to them' as countermeasure Global Times 07 Jun 2022 -- With the participation of Australia and Canada, the US-led Five Eyes alliance has conducted a new trick to provoke China and test the resolve of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) by carrying out aerial close-in reconnaissance near China, analysts said on Tuesday, with data showing dozens of such flights were conducted in the East China Sea and the South China Sea recently.
- PLA warns away Australian spy plane for close airspace trespass in China's Xisha Global Times 07 Jun 2022 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) warned away an Australian spy plane when it recently attempted to trespass into Chinese airspace of the Xisha Islands in the South China Sea for close-in reconnaissance, the Chinese Defense Ministry said on Tuesday, debunking Australia's claim that a PLA warplane intercepted the Australian aircraft and threatened the safety of its crew.
- Chinese defense spokesperson responds to Australia's hype of China-Australia military aircraft encounter PLA Daily 07 Jun 2022 -- On June 7, 2022, Senior Colonel Tan Kefei, a spokesperson for China's Ministry of National Defense (MND), responded to the reporter's question on the recent China-Australia military aircraft encounter.
- PLA expedites construction of new military energy support system PLA Daily 07 Jun 2022 -- Developing and using new energy is an important step taken by the Chinese military to carry out the new strategy of energy security initiated by President Xi Jinping and to achieve the goal of peak carbon dioxide emissions and carbon neutrality. Since the 18th CPC National Congress, the PLA, resolutely following President Xi's instructions, has taken faster steps to build a secure, efficient, and sustainable modern military energy system evidenced by strongly promoting the use of new energies such as solar power, wind power, ocean energy, and hydrogen energy for military purposes, and has achieved positive results in reinforcing energy support capability and overcoming bottlenecks in the war-preparedness energy support.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on June 7, 2022 PRC MofA 07 Jun 2022
- Only cease-fire and peace restoration can fundamentally avoid trauma for women and children: Chinese envoy on Ukrainian conflict Global Times 07 Jun 2022 -- Only through cease-fire and the restoration of peace can the trauma of conflict for women and children be fundamentally avoided, a Chinese envoy said on Monday, warning that constantly providing weapons or imposing sanctions and pressure will only perpetuate and expand the Ukraine conflict.
- Wang Yi meets with Kazakh president, stresses vigilance against external forces Global Times 07 Jun 2022 -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Tuesday met with Kazakh President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev in Kazakhstan's capital Nur-Sultan, during which he stressed the importance of vigilance to external forces attempting to involve regional countries in major-power conflicts and to coerce countries to take sides.
- HK introduces textbooks for Citizenship, expected to resolve much criticized education problem Global Times 07 Jun 2022 -- On Monday, the Hong Kong Education Bureau (EDB) announced the first batch of textbooks applicable to the subject of Citizenship and Social Development in Hong Kong, with six sets of textbooks from five publishers selected.
- Chinese FM again urges explanation on US officials' Xinjiang remarks, calls 'genocide' claim international joke Global Times 07 Jun 2022 -- China has again urged the US to give an explanation on US officials' revealed plan of "smearing Xinjiang to contain China," Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said at Tuesday's press briefing and urged the US to stop its despicable act of smearing Xinjiang through political manipulation.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list