Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 May 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Shanghai vows to firmly implement dynamic zero policy after CPC leadership meeting Global Times 06 May 2022 -- A day after a CPC top leadership meeting warned against attempts to distort, question or dismiss China's anti-COVID policy, Shanghai on Friday vowed to stick to the dynamic zero-COVID strategy and push forward the decisive battle against the epidemic.
- Pursuing zero-COVID policy is to avoid citywide lockdowns as much as possible: top Chinese health expert Global Times 06 May 2022 -- Pursuing dynamic zero-COVID policy does not mean citywide lockdowns, on the contrary, one of the goals for zero-COVID policy is to avoid citywide lockdowns as much as possible, Liang Wannian, China's head of the COVID response expert panel under the National Health Commission, said at a Friday press conference.
- Shanghai vows to continue decisive battle against epidemic, stick to dynamic zero-COVID policy after CPC top leadership meeting Global Times 06 May 2022 -- Shanghai said on Friday that it will continue to push forward the decisive battle against the epidemic and stick to the dynamic zero-COVID policy, after the meeting of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the CPC Central Committee on COVID-19 prevention work was held in Beijing on Thursday.
- HKSAR chief executive sees off mainland medical workers supporting pandemic fight People's Daily 06 May 2022 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam on Thursday bade farewell to the last section of the mainland medical team departing Hong Kong during an appreciation and farewell ceremony organized by the HKSAR government.
- 1,602 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 06 May 2022 -- A total of 1,602 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland on Thursday, the National Health Commission said in its Friday report.
- China will surely win anti-COVID war in Shanghai, with time-tested epidemic control policy: top leadership People's Daily 06 May 2022 -- China will surely win the war against COVID-19 with its scientific and effective epidemic control policy that will stand the test of time, according to a meeting of the top leadership on Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 356 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases, 245 in Shanghai People's Daily 06 May 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 356 local confirmed COVID-19 cases, of which 245 were in Shanghai, according to the National Health Commission's report Friday.
- Beijing adds four COVID-19 high-risk areas People's Daily 06 May 2022 -- Beijing added four high-risk areas for COVID-19 on Thursday, with two in Chaoyang District and two in Fangshan District, according to local authorities.
- Shanghai reports 245 confirmed, 4,024 asymptomatic local COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 May 2022 -- China's Shanghai reported 245 confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 cases and 4,024 local asymptomatic cases on Thursday, the municipal health commission said Friday.
- 18 Chinese military aircraft enter Taiwan's ADIZ CNA 06 May 2022 -- Eighteen Chinese military aircraft flew into the southwestern and southeastern parts of Taiwan's air defense identification zone (ADIZ) on Friday.
- Japan alarmed by China's ADIZ sorties: Japanese lawmaker CNA 06 May 2022 -- Japan is concerned by the sorties of Chinese People's Liberation Army planes near Taiwan, Japanese House Representative Norikazu Suzuki told a press conference in Taipei on Friday.
- China launches Jilin-1 commercial satellites People's Daily 06 May 2022 -- China on Thursday launched a Long March-2D rocket to place a group of eight satellites in space.
- Regular Press Conference of the Ministry of National Defense on April 28 PLA Daily 06 May 2022 -- By Senior Colonel Tan Kefei, Deputy Director General of the Information Office of the Ministry of National Defense (MND) and Spokesperson for the MND
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on May 6, 2022 PRC MofA 06 May 2022
- Are Rights Abuses Tarnishing China's Image in Africa? VOA 06 May 2022 -- An irate Chinese boss is screaming at his African workers as they take a lunch break, urging them to work harder or else the company won't make any money. While intended to be funny, the new Egyptian TV commercial -- since pulled for fear of offending Beijing -- reveals widely-held African perceptions about the way Chinese companies on the continent treat their local staff.
- HK expects solidarity, effective governance as chief executive election to kick off on Sunday Global Times 06 May 2022 -- In two days, 1,461 Election Committee members in Hong Kong are expected to cast their votes at the Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre in Wan Chai as the sole candidate John Lee Ka-chiu is aiming for the city's top job.
- New Hong Kong Media Outlet Aims to Fill Media Vacuum VOA 06 May 2022 -- The Hong Kong government's crackdown on the media has left a void for news â€” with one news outlet determined to fill it.
- China razes Kashgar's iconic Grand Bazaar Radio Free Asia 06 May 2022 -- The travel guide Lonely Planet advises visitors to Kashgar, China, to fight the crowds that gather at its Sunday Grand Bazaar and let their senses loose to the smells of spices, the softness of silks and the beauty of carpets carefully woven by locals. The marketplace contains "everything of interest to foreign visitors," the short blurb states.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list