Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
11 April 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Multiple regions learn from Shanghai's experience, take proactive measures for Omicron spread Global Times 11 Apr 2022 -- Considering the lessons from Shanghai's response to the Omicron resurgence, a number of provinces and cities across China are taking more decisive preventive measures to screen out possible COVID-19 infections through massive nucleic acid testing.
- Macao unveils makeshift hospital in case of COVID-19 outbreak People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- China's Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) on Monday unveiled a makeshift hospital converted from the Macao East Asian Games Dome, the largest indoor sporting facility in the SAR, in case of local COVID-19 outbreaks in the future.
- Shanghai launches classified management of city areas to contain COVID-19 spread People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- Shanghai has divided the whole city into areas belonging to three categories as part of targeted efforts to overcome a local COVID-19 resurgence.
- Seriously ill patients die after being denied hospital care in Shanghai lockdown Radio Free Asia 11 Apr 2022 -- Patients in Shanghai are being locked out of life-saving medical treatment as the city pushes ahead with Xi Jinping's zero-COVID policy, RFA has learned.
- Over 25,000 COVID-19 abnormal cases detected amid citywide testing in Shanghai Global Times 11 Apr 2022 -- A total of 25,996 COVID-19 abnormal results have been detected amid the latest round of citywide nucleic acid tests covering 25.12 million residents as of 8 am Mon in Shanghai. Among them, 21.52 million tests have been completed and results are out: authorities Mon.
- Shanghai's largest residential oxygen manufacturer suspends production as employee tests positive for COVID-19 Global Times 11 Apr 2022 -- The supply of home oxygen for some residents in Shanghai will be disrupted after an employee of the city's largest residential oxygen manufacturer tested positive for COVID-19, causing the company to suspend production, according to a report from local media, Shanghai Media Group (SMG).
- Shanghai must adhere to dynamic zero-COVID policy, detect and deal with virus spread faster: top Chinese health expert Global Times 11 Apr 2022 -- "Dynamic zero-COVID" is still the general policy in China's fight against the pandemic, it is also the most suitable response for Shanghai, said Liang Wannian, head of the COVID-19 response expert panel under National Health Commission (NHC) on Sunday. What Shanghai needs to do now is to detect and deal with the spread of the virus more quickly, he said.
- 1,378 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- A total of 1,378 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals on the Chinese mainland on Sunday, the National Health Commission said in its Monday report.
- Chinese mainland reports 1,164 new local confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 1,164 locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission's Monday report showed.
- HKSAR gov't calls on public to do rapid antigen testing People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Sunday called on all residents to continue to show support and be united in fighting the COVID-19 outbreak by conducting a rapid antigen test (RAT) and reporting positive cases within 24 hours.
- China's Guangzhou to suspend in-person school classes over COVID-19 People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- The southern Chinese metropolis of Guangzhou Sunday announced the suspension of in-person classes at local primary and middle schools starting April 11 for COVID-19 control.
- Commentary: Why China's dynamic zero-COVID approach must be sustained People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- As China is battling a COVID-19 resurgence attributable to the Omicron variant with tens of thousands of new infections reported a day, a dynamic zero-COVID approach remains crucial and necessary for the country to rein in the highly contagious and elusive virus.
- Vietnamese girl's 1940 birth certificate could support Paracels sovereignty claim Radio Free Asia 11 Apr 2022 -- New evidence has emerged that may help support Vietnam's claims over the Paracel islands in the South China Sea, currently occupied by China.
- China Has Delivered Batch of Missiles to Serbia Amid Heightened Tensions in Europe - Report Sputnik 11 Apr 2022 -- Serbia, which has formally applied to join the EU, has already begun to strengthen its military forces with Russian and Chinese weapons, including military planes, battle tanks, and other equipment.
- PLA's delivery of normal military goods to Serbia a 'scheduled cooperation project,' does not target 3rd party: FM Global Times 11 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Air Force recently dispatched transport aircraft to deliver military goods to Serbia in a normal, prescheduled move, a spokesperson of Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday, after a record-breaking number of Chinese Y-20 cargo planes were spotted in Serbia on Saturday.
- PLA gathers hundreds of arms firms, seeks logistics boost from intelligent drones Global Times 11 Apr 2022 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Joint Logistics Support Force recently organized an unmanned intelligent equipment inspection event, gathering hundreds of arms companies to display their drone products, in a move analysts said on Monday to find the right equipment that can enhance the Chinese military's logistics support capabilities and boost the PLAs' overall combat capabilities.
- US claims of China's nukes 'excuse for own expansion' Global Times 11 Apr 2022 -- US military leaders, politicians and media have been repeatedly hyping the so-called China nuclear arsenal expansion, highlighted recently again by a report by the Wall Street Journal, and these speculations are an excuse for the US to expand its own nuclear arsenal and push the "China threat" theory, Chinese experts said on Monday.
- China 'accelerating' expansion of nuclear arsenal over US threat Press TV 11 Apr 2022 -- China has allegedly accelerated the expansion of its nuclear arsenal due to a change in the country's assessment of the threat posed by the US, a new report claims.
- China's Lessons From Russia's War in Ukraine VOA 11 Apr 2022 -- China is learning from Russia's troubled war in Ukraine to improve its battle strategies and prepare for economic sanctions if Beijing ever attacks self-ruled Taiwan, experts believe.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on April 11, 2022 PRC MofA 11 Apr 2022
- FM slams some Western countries for linking Ukraine crisis and China-Russia ties to achieve ulterior purposes Global Times 11 Apr 2022 -- The rumor about China, Russia territorial issue will find no audience in the two countries, Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday, noting that some Western countries are linking the Ukraine crisis with China-Russia ties to achieve ulterior strategic purposes, which is irresponsible.
- Hong Kong police arrest senior journalist, radio host on colonial 'sedition' charge Radio Free Asia 11 Apr 2022 -- Hong Kong national security police on Thursday arrested a senior journalist for 'sedition,' as Beijing's preferred candidate and former police chief John Lee launched his campaign to win the city's top job.
- HKPF arrests media veteran Allan Au, case 'linked to Stand News' Global Times 11 Apr 2022 -- Hong Kong Police Force's national security department arrested Allan Au Ka-lun, a media veteran and former host of a RTHK program, on Monday morning for colluding and publishing inflammatory publications, local media reported. The reports said the case is related to Stand News.
- Relatives of detained Uyghurs forced to work in Xinjiang factories Radio Free Asia 11 Apr 2022 -- Hundreds of family members of detained Uyghur residents of a small community in northwestern China's Xinjiang region have been forced to work in local government-run factories, a source with knowledge of the situation and a local police officer said.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list