Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
27 February 2022 - China Special Weapons News
- Over 5 mln more COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 27 Feb 2022 -- The number of COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on the Chinese mainland grew by around 5.04 million on Saturday, with the total number reaching nearly 3.12 billion, data from the National Health Commission showed Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 112 new local COVID-19 cases Saturday People's Daily 27 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 112 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said on Sunday.
- North China city reports 22 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Feb 2022 -- Hohhot, capital city of north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, reported 22 new locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases between midnight Friday and 2 p.m. Saturday, according to a press conference held by the municipal government.
- Two batches of mainland medical experts sent to Hong Kong to fight COVID-19 People's Daily 27 Feb 2022 -- Two batches of mainland health experts have arrived in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) to work with the HKSAR government in fighting the latest COVID-19 outbreak, a health official said on Saturday.
- China clarifies neutral stance as Russia, Ukraine poised for talks Global Times 27 Feb 2022 -- Although the US and some other Western countries are trying to handle the current situation in Ukraine with waves of sanctions against Russia and questioning Beijing's neutral stance, China has once again clarified its neutrality and the reason to the EU, France, Germany and the UK as to why it opposes sanctions ahead of the UN Emergency Special Session on Sunday.
- Chinese FM elaborates on China's basic position on Ukraine issue People's Daily 27 Feb 2022 -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Friday elaborated on China's basic position on the Ukraine issue.
- Exclusive: Chinese embassy in Ukraine mulls alternative plans apart from charter flights to evacuate Chinese nationals amid rising tensions Global Times 27 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese Embassy in Ukraine is mulling alternative plans to evacuate local Chinese apart from charter flights amid the deteriorating situation in the country, and as long as safety premises are met, they will immediately take action and launch the evacuation plan, the embassy told Global Times in an exclusive interview on Sunday.
- China launches new land-observation satellite People's Daily 27 Feb 2022 -- China on Sunday morning launched a Long March-4C rocket to place a new land-observation satellite in space.
- China's new-generation rocket sends 22 satellites into space in record-setting mission PLA Daily 27 Feb 2022 -- China launched a Long March-8 rocket to place 22 satellites in space on Sunday, setting a domestic record for the most spacecraft launched by a single rocket.
- Chinese weather balloons identified in Taiwan airspace: military CNA 27 Feb 2022 -- Taiwan's military on Sunday confirmed media reports that multiple weather balloons used by the Chinese military passed over the country shortly after the Lunar New Year holiday, but stressed they posed no security threat and were being used for meteorological observations.
- PLA airborne troops take delivery of new Y-12 transport aircraft with better power, handle ability Global Times 27 Feb 2022 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) airborne troops recently took delivery of new Y-12 transport aircraft that boasts significantly enhanced power, avionics and handle ability, with experts saying on Sunday that the aircraft is expected to host training missions for paratroopers and potentially carry out special forces tasks.
- Has China Turned its Back on 'Best Friend' Russia? VOA 27 Feb 2022 -- China refused to join its close friend, Russia, in vetoing a U.S.-backed resolution in the U.N. Security Council deploring Russia's attack on Ukraine.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list