Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 October 2021 - China Special Weapons News
- Overall COVID-19 situation in China is rapidly developing with proportion of severe cases higher than that of any previous outbreaks: health authority Global Times 30 Oct 2021 -- China's top health authorities said the COVID-19 epidemics in at least ten regions have been or are being brought under control but that the overall state of epidemic in the country is in a fast-developing phase and remains complicated and the proportion of severe cases in this round of epidemic resurgence is higher than that of any previous wave .
- North China's Inner Mongolia sacks at least four officials due to poor response to latest COVID-19 flare-up Global Times 30 Oct 2021 -- Authorities in North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region removed Sun Jianjun, the Party chief of culture, tourism and television department of Alxa League, from his position , making him the fourth official to be sacked due to poor response to the latest COVID-19 flare-up.
- Beijing reports 2 confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Oct 2021 -- Beijing reported two locally transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases from 3 p.m. Thursday to 2 p.m. Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 59 locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Oct 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Friday reported 59 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- Chinese, Indonesia FMs voice serious concerns over AUKUS nuclear submarine deal People's Daily 30 Oct 2021 -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi and his Indonesia counterpart Retno Marsudi met here Friday, vowing to enhance bilateral ties and voicing serious concerns over the AUKUS nuclear submarine deal.
- KMT vows to 'defend Taiwan, protect democracy, fight for future' CNA 30 Oct 2021 -- The Kuomintang (KMT) is determined to defend democracy and the Republic of China -- the formal name of Taiwan -- under the party's new policy platform, which opposes Beijing's proposal of "one country, two systems," said party chairman Eric Chu (æœ±ç«‹å€«) Saturday.
- Taiwan has no future other than reunification with mainland, no intl status other than being part of China: FM Wang Yi Global Times 30 Oct 2021 -- The island of Taiwan has no future other than reunification with the Chinese mainland, and it has no international legal status other than being part of China, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said in response to US calling for "meaningful participation" of Taiwan in the UN.
- Taiwan's DPP authority slammed for lies, deception People's Daily 30 Oct 2021 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson on Friday slammed the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authority in Taiwan for misleading people of the island and deceiving the international community.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin's Remarks on Joint Letter by Presidents of Two EU Institutions on Taiwan-Related Issue Concerning Lithuania in Response to Letter by Some European Legislators PRC MofA 30 Oct 2021 -- "The one-China principle is a universal consensus of the international community and the political foundation for the development of relations between China and all countries having diplomatic ties with it. We firmly oppose the plots of Taiwan authorities to create "two Chinas" and "one China, one Taiwan" in the world."
- China warns Lithuania not to make wrong decisions on having official ties with Taipei Press TV 30 Oct 2021 -- China has warned Lithuania to avoid disrupting its relations with Beijing through "irreversible wrong decisions" by the Baltic country and the Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) to open reciprocal representative offices.
- Taiwan's fiscal revenue could be used to improve livelihoods after reunification: Taiwan Affairs Office Global Times 30 Oct 2021 -- A senior official from the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council said on Friday that after reunification, Taiwan's peace and tranquility will be fully guaranteed and its economic development will be enhanced.
- China's Top Diplomat Visits Serbia, Albania Aiming to Deepen Ties VOA 30 Oct 2021 -- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi made stops in Belgrade, Serbia, and Tirana, Albania, this week, seeking to further the Chinese government's "17+1" effort to promote trade and investment between Beijing and the countries of Eastern and Central Europe.
- China Hits Reset on Belt and Road Initiative VOA 30 Oct 2021 -- Green energy is the new focus of China's one-of-a-kind Belt and Road Initiative or BRI, that aims to build a series of infrastructure projects from Asia to Europe.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list