Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 October 2021 - China Special Weapons News
- Over 2.227 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 15 Oct 2021 -- More than 2.227 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of Thursday, data from the National Health Commission showed Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 10 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Oct 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 10 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, all imported from outside the mainland, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- More China-donated COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Cambodia as kingdom looks to reopen economy People's Daily 15 Oct 2021 -- A new batch of 2 million doses of China-donated Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine arrived in Cambodia on Thursday as the Southeast Asian nation has planned to reopen its socio-economic activities in all areas by year's end.
- Urumqi launches citywide nucleic acid test after a silent virus carrier was detected Global Times 15 Oct 2021 -- Northwest China's Xinjiang region reported one silent novel coronavirus carrier in Urumqi on Friday during regular nucleic acid tests in the city, with emergency response on prevention work already underway.
- China, Bhutan sign MoU on a Three-Step Roadmap for expediting boundary talks Global Times 15 Oct 2021 -- During a meeting held via video on Thursday, China and Bhutan signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on a Three-Step Roadmap to help speed up boundary talks that have been delayed. The MoU is of historic significance and is the result of years of joint efforts and sincere cooperation between the two sides.
- China welcomes 'positive' remarks as Putin speaks on South China Sea Radio Free Asia 15 Oct 2021 -- China has welcomed what it called Russia's "deep friendship" after President Vladimir Putin called for disputes in the South China Sea to be resolved by countries in the region without interference from "non-regional powers."
- China Launches Manned Spacecraft Shenzhou 13 to National Orbital Station Sputnik 15 Oct 2021 -- Chinese launch vehicle Changzheng-2F with manned spacecraft Shenzhou-13" was launched to the Tiangong orbital station, which is currently under construction, there are three taikonauts on board, the launch is broadcast by the Central Television of China.
- China-Russia joint naval exercise kicks off PLA Daily 15 Oct 2021 -- The China-Russia joint naval exercise, Joint Sea-2021, kicked off with a ceremony on the afternoon of October 14 in waters near Russia's Peter the Great Bay.
- China Engaging in Major Construction at Airbases Near Taiwan, Satellite Snaps Appear to Show Sputnik 15 Oct 2021 -- The People's Republic considers Taiwan an integral part of China, and has set a course for the island's eventual peaceful reunification with Beijing. Recent efforts by the Biden administration to forge closer ties with Taipei have sparked outrage in China, and warnings from Chinese media of storm 'clouds gathering' over the Taiwan Strait.
- Satellite Images Reportedly Show Chinese Construction at Naval Base in Cambodia Amid US Anger Sputnik 15 Oct 2021 -- Cambodia and China began enhancing security cooperation in 2019, with the US State Department expressing "serious concerns" about the People's Republic's alleged military presence in the Southeast Asian nation, particularly amid the construction of new facilities at the Ream Naval Base.
- Highlights of Xi Jinping's latest remarks on democracy People's Daily 15 Oct 2021 -- A central conference on work related to people's congresses was held from Wednesday to Thursday in Beijing.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on October 15, 2021 PRC MofA 15 Oct 2021
- Xi, EU's Michel stress strategic independence in phone talk; EU 'never changed its policy on Taiwan island' Global Times 15 Oct 2021 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping and European Council President Charles Michel spoke on the phone on Friday, and they stressed the significance of increasing the strategic independence. Michel noted that the EU's stance on the one-China policy has not changed and is willing to manage disputes with China.
- Interview: 'Existing legislation on intimidation often doesn't work,' says Dutch lawmaker Radio Free Asia 15 Oct 2021 -- Ruben Brekelmans, a Dutch politician and member of the Netherlands House of Representatives since March, introduced a motion for diaspora groups â€” including Uyghurs from northwestern China's Xinjiang region â€” who live in the European country and are subject to diplomatic pressure, to be included in the Dutch government's human rights policy and annual human rights report. Lawmakers unanimously passed the motion on Wednesday.
- Interview: 'there's nobody uncorrupt in the entire Chinese Communist Party' Radio Free Asia 15 Oct 2021 -- Chinese billionaire Desmond Shum was born into a politically disadvantaged background during the Cultural Revolution (1966-1976), yet eventually rose to mingle with the highest-ranking leaders of the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP), going into business with his wife Whitney Duan at the helm of the hugely successful Genesis Beijing property development project.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list