Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
11 October 2021 - China Special Weapons News
- Wuhan rolls out plans to give booster shots to key groups Global Times 11 Oct 2021 -- The Chinese city of Wuhan is among the latest to roll out plans to give COVID-19 booster shots to key groups, including people working in posts with high-risk infections and those who have a weak immunity system, above 60 years old and others.
- Over 2.221 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses administered on Chinese mainland People's Daily 11 Oct 2021 -- Over 2.221 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccine had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of Sunday, data from the National Health Commission showed Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 25 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 11 Oct 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported 25 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, all imported from outside the mainland, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- China issues harsh statement, blames failed talks on India's unreasonable demands Global Times 11 Oct 2021 -- The harshly worded statement issued by the Chinese government on China and India failing to reach an agreement during their latest round of corps commander-level talks showed China's subtle change of attitude toward India, and the country's staunch determination to protect its territorial and sovereign integrity, said analysts.
- UPDATE: India's unreasonable demands in 13th military talks 'risk new conflict' Global Times 11 Oct 2021 -- After China and India failed to reach an agreement during the latest round of corps commander-level talks over the western section of China-India border issues, the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Western Theater Command on Monday slammed India for its unreasonable and unrealistic demands, with India also sparking new incidents along the eastern section of the border recently. Chinese experts have warned of the risks of a new conflict, saying that China should not only refuse to give in to India's arrogant demands on the negotiation table, but also be prepared to defend against another Indian military aggression.
- PLA spokesperson makes statement on latest China-India military talks PLA Daily 11 Oct 2021 -- "Instead of misjudging the situation, the Indian side should cherish the hard-won situation in China-India border areas," said Senior Colonel Long Shaohua, spokesperson for the Western Theater Command of the People's Liberation Army (PLA), on Monday.
- Border accusation against Chinese soldiers fabricated, says official PLA Daily 11 Oct 2021 -- Recent reports in Indian media that Chinese soldiers had been detained for "crossing the border "are purely fabricated, a Chinese military source said on Saturday.
- India, China army talks to resolve border dispute fail Press TV 11 Oct 2021 -- Indian and Chinese commanders have ended bilateral talks aimed at resolving a protracted military standoff on their countries' shared border without results.
- Taiwan President Says China Threatens Regional Peace, Vows Not to Give Way Radio Free Asia 11 Oct 2021 -- Taiwan president Tsai Ing-wen has vowed not to cave in to growing military threats from China, after Chinese Communist Party (CCP) general secretary Xi Jinping once more insisted that the democratic island must "unify" with China, contrary to the wishes of most of its 23 million residents.
- China urges Australia to drop 'Cold War mentality' after ex-PM Abbott visited Taipei, pledged support Press TV 11 Oct 2021 -- China has called on Australia to abandon its "Cold War mentality" and re-evaluate its relationship with Beijing, following former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott's visit to Chinese Taipei, during which he pledged that Canberra would support the self-ruled island against Beijing.
- China lodges solemn representations to Australia over Abbott's 'immoral, ridiculous' comments on Taiwan Global Times 11 Oct 2021 -- China lodged solemn representations to Australia over recent "immoral, irresponsible and ridiculous" speeches made by former Australian prime minister Tony Abbott on Taiwan-related affairs, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Zhao Lijian said on Monday, stressing that the one-China principle is a universally recognized norm governing international relations and the consensus of the international community.
- DPP authority slammed for remarks touting "Taiwan independence" People's Daily 11 Oct 2021 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson on Sunday slammed the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authority in Taiwan for making remarks touting "Taiwan independence" and instigating confrontation.
- China conducts beach landing drills in province opposite Taipei Press TV 11 Oct 2021 -- China's military has carried out beach landing and assault drills in the province directly across the sea from the Chinese Taipei amid a dramatic spike in tensions between the mainland and the self-ruled island.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on October 11, 2021 PRC MofA 11 Oct 2021
- HK police commissioner calls on citizens to join 'universal counter-terrorism' to secure stability Global Times 11 Oct 2021 -- Hong Kong police chief called on all citizens to participate in counter-terrorism and anti-violence campaigns concerning forces operating in the dark that may threaten the increasingly stable situation in the city.
- Chief secretary for administration of HKSAR gov't vows to actively implement policy address People's Daily 11 Oct 2021 -- John Lee, chief secretary for administration of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government, said Sunday he will ensure solid implementation of the 2021 policy address by HKSAR Chief Executive Carrie Lam.
- China Plans Ban on Private-Sector Involvement in Media, Publishing, Online Platforms Radio Free Asia 11 Oct 2021 -- The ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has set out plans to ban private investment in the media, amid an ongoing program of regulatory changes aimed at tightening state control over the private sector.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list