Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
09 October 2021 - China Special Weapons News
- Chinese mainland reports 17 imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- The Chinese mainland reported 17 imported COVID-19 cases on Friday, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Saturday.
- China's space tracking ship Yuanwang-3 departs for new monitoring missions PLA Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- China's space tracking ship Yuanwang-3 set sail on Thursday for the Pacific Ocean from the dock of the China Satellite Maritime Tracking and Controlling Department in east China's Jiangsu Province for its upcoming maritime monitoring missions, the ship's fourth voyage this year.
- Taiwan rejects Beijing's 'one country, two systems' unification formula CNA 09 Oct 2021 -- Taiwan is an independent state and Taiwanese oppose the "one country, two systems" political arrangement proposed by Beijing, Presidential Office spokesman Xavier Chang (å¼µæƒ‡æ¶µ) said Saturday hours after China's leader Xi Jinping (ç¿’è¿‘å¹³) reiterated his goal of unifying Taiwan during a speech.
- Xi says Taiwan question will be resolved as national rejuvenation becomes reality People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Saturday that the Taiwan question arose out of the weakness and chaos of the Chinese nation, and it will be resolved as national rejuvenation becomes a reality.
- China's complete reunification will be and can be realized: Xi People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Saturday that the complete reunification of China will be and can be realized.
- Compatriots across Taiwan Strait should stand on right side of history: Xi People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Saturday that compatriots on both sides of the Taiwan Strait should stand on the right side of history and join hands to achieve China's complete reunification and the rejuvenation of the Chinese nation.
- Xi: Taipei's reunification with China 'must be fulfilled' Press TV 09 Oct 2021 -- China's President Xi Jinping has reiterated opposition to the Chinese Taipei's "independence separatism" and vowed to realize a peaceful reunification with the self-ruled island.
- China's Reunification With Taiwan 'Will Definitely Be Fulfilled', Xi Jinping Says as Tensions Grow Sputnik 09 Oct 2021 -- China continues to perceive Taiwan as a breakaway province, while the authorities in Taipei have repeatedly rejected Beijing's proposal to stick to the "one country, two systems" principle.
- Xi stresses peaceful reunification, calls Taiwan secessionists 'serious threat' to national rejuvenation Global Times 09 Oct 2021 -- At a gathering marking the 110th anniversary of the 1911 Revolution held at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing on Saturday, Chinese President Xi Jinping said the Taiwan question will be resolved along with national rejuvenation and warned that secessionists are a serious threat to that mission, and that those who betray the country will face the trial of history.
- Xi stresses overcoming all major risks, challenges impeding China's path to national rejuvenation People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping emphasized Saturday the need to overcome all major risks and challenges that may impede China's path to national rejuvenation.
- China will engage in common efforts to oppose hegemony, power politics: Xi People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Saturday that China will work to strengthen solidarity with the peoples of all other countries and engage in common efforts to oppose hegemony and power politics.
- Socialism with Chinese characteristics only correct path toward national rejuvenation: Xi People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- Socialism with Chinese characteristics has proven to be the only correct path to realize national rejuvenation, Chinese President Xi Jinping said on Saturday.
- Xi calls on all Chinese to forge ahead toward national rejuvenation People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday called on all the sons and daughters of the Chinese nation to continue to forge ahead toward the rejuvenation of the Chinese nation.
- China marks 1911 Revolution anniversary, pooling strength for national rejuvenation PLA Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- China held a high-profile meeting in Beijing on Saturday to mark the 110th anniversary of the Revolution of 1911 that ended the thousands-year-long absolute monarchy in the country.
- China forges ahead in full-time training of carrier-borne fighter pilots PLA Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- China has preliminarily possessed the capability of full-time training of carrier-borne fighter pilots, said Wang Yong, the 23rd carrier-borne fighter pilot of the Chinese Navy and head of a training group under the PLA Naval Aviation University,at the 13th China International Aviation & Aerospace Exhibition (Airshow China).
- Oaths by 16 HKSAR district council members announced invalid People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Friday announced that oaths taken by 16 District Council (DC) members on Oct. 4 were invalid.
- Central gov't spokesperson lauds HKSAR chief executive's policy address People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- A Chinese central government spokesperson on Friday spoke positively of the 2021 policy address by the Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam.
- Liaison office of central gov't supports HKSAR gov't in seizing opportunities, bolstering economy People's Daily 09 Oct 2021 -- The Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) on Friday voiced support for the HKSAR government in administering Hong Kong in accordance with the law, seizing development opportunities, and improving the economy and people's livelihood.
- China Restricts Abortions to Counter Shrinking Population VOA 09 Oct 2021 -- After three decades of abortions during the one-child era, the procedure advertised in China as "safe, quick and painless" at bus stops, in magazines and on flyers is now facing restrictions.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list