Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 August 2021 - China Special Weapons News
- 14 seriously ill, 2 critical among 220 COVID-19 patients in Yangzhou as elderly fell victim Global Times 06 Aug 2021 -- Yangzhou in East China's Jiangsu Province on Friday noon suspended inbound and outbound rail connections amid a serious COVID-19 resurgence in the city, which so far has reached 220 infections, including 14 seriously ill and two in critical condition.
- Over 1.74 bln doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered in China People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- More than 1.74 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China by Thursday, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- China's Zhengzhou further steps up epidemic prevention, control People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The central Chinese city of Zhengzhou, capital of Henan Province, further tightened epidemic prevention and control measures after a recent resurgence of COVID-19 infections, according to local authorities on Thursday.
- First batch of COVID-19 patients cured in China's Nanjing People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The first batch of six patients who had been infected with coronavirus were cured and transferred to a rehabilitation hospital for further medical observation on Thursday in the east China city of Nanjing, local health authorities said.
- Chinese mainland reports 80 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Thursday reported 80 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Friday.
- Latest COVID-19 outbreak in China can be soon contained: health official People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The latest resurgence of COVID-19 in China can be effectively contained in a short time if response measures are strictly enforced, a health official said Thursday.
- COVID-19 outbreak in central Chinese city related to imported case: official People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- Recent COVID-19 cases reported in the central Chinese city of Zhengzhou were highly homologous with an imported case under treatment at a local hospital, a health official said Thursday.
- China steps up mass inoculation to curb Delta variant People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- Local authorities in China have ramped up mass vaccination drives to contain the latest resurgence of COVID-19 attributable to the highly contagious Delta variant.
- China curbs COVID-19 spread in tourism, culture sectors People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- China is stepping up efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in tourism and culture sectors as the country is experiencing a new wave of COVID-19 outbreaks during its peak tourist season, according to the Ministry of Culture and Tourism on Thursday.
- Chinese customs curb COVID-19 spread through ports People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- China has made efforts to prevent the spread of COVID-19 through ports as the country is under pressure to guard against possible imported cases, said the General Administration of Customs (GAC) on Thursday.
- Beijing to further step up epidemic prevention, control People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- Beijing will further tighten epidemic prevention and control measures after a recent resurgence of COVID-19 infections, the municipal epidemic prevention and control headquarters said at a press briefing Thursday.
- China tightens containment measures at cinemas amid COVID-19 resurgence People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- China's film watchdog on Thursday released a circular requiring cinemas across the country to guard against the resurgence of COVID-19 based on local conditions.
- China to provide 2 billion COVID-19 vaccines globally this year: Xi People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- China will strive to provide 2 billion COVID-19 vaccine doses to the world throughout this year and offer 100 million U.S. dollars to COVAX, Chinese President Xi Jinping said Thursday in a written message to the first meeting of the international forum on COVID-19 vaccine cooperation.
- China says latest COVID-19 resurgence more complicated but "controllable" People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- The latest resurgence of COVID-19 in China, caused mainly by the Delta variant, is more complicated but the epidemic is generally controllable, Chinese officials said Thursday.
- Zambian president commissions China-funded modern airport People's Daily 06 Aug 2021 -- Zambia on Thursday commissioned a new international airport financed by China, with President Edgar Lungu expressing gratitude to the Chinese side for financing the construction of the airport.
- PRESS RELEASE :DISENGAGEMENT AT PP 17A India PIB 06 Aug 2021 -- As conveyed earlier this week, the twelfth round of talks between the Corps Commanders of India and China were held on 31 July 2021 at Chushul Moldo Meeting Point in Eastern Ladakh.
- US Warns About 'Rapid Growth' in China's Nuclear Arsenal Radio Free Asia 06 Aug 2021 -- U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken expressed grave concern Friday about what he described as China's growing nuclear arsenal and told an annual regional security conference that the Asian superpower should also cease "provocative behavior" in the South China Sea.
- Brown says China's challenge must be met with speed, focus and commitment US Air Force 06 Aug 2021 -- Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. CQ Brown, Jr. told an influential audience Aug. 6 at the National Press Club that the Air Force and the nation must respond with speed, focus and commitment to China's emergence and other global security threats just as it did 20 years ago following the 9/11 attack.
- Stop dreaming about unsettling Hong Kong: Chinese FM commissioner urges US Global Times 06 Aug 2021 -- Those who want to disturb the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region and contain China are doomed to fail and they should drop the illusion before it is too late, a spokesperson of the Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of China in the HKSAR said in a release on Friday.
- China blasts US offer of 'safe havens' for Hong Kong residents Press TV 06 Aug 2021 -- China has strongly criticized the United States' recent offer of a temporary "safe haven" to people from Hong Kong, describing the move as "violently intervening" in the semi-autonomous city's internal affairs.
- China Slams U.S. Visa Offer For Hong Kong, as Canada Warns Over Exit Bans Radio Free Asia 06 Aug 2021 -- China on Friday hit out at Washington's offer of a visa safe haven for Hong Kong residents seeking to avoid a widening crackdown on peaceful dissent and political opposition under a national security law, as Canada warned its citizens they could be prevented from leaving Hong Kong under new immigration rules.
- US Tech Products Enable Chinese Surveillance in Xinjiang, Researchers Find Radio Free Asia 06 Aug 2021 -- U.S. technology companies are still supplying China's surveillance state with equipment and software for monitoring populations and censoring information, including in the Xinjiang region, despite damning revelations that have led to genocide accusations against Beijing, according to researchers.
- New China PLA Chief in Xinjiang Follows Repressive CCP Boss Over From Tibet Radio Free Asia 06 Aug 2021 -- China's new military commander in Xinjiang, confirmed on social media this week, is likely to support repressive mass surveillance and incarceration policies pioneered by the region's hardline Communist Party boss when the two men served in Tibet, exile Tibetan and Uyghur sources said.
- China Stops Issuing New Passports, Slaps Entry, Exit Curbs on Citizens Radio Free Asia 06 Aug 2021 -- China has stopped issuing new passports to its citizens and has imposed entry and exit controls on its population, citing the recent surge in the Delta variant of COVID-19, but commentators say the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) is using the pandemic as a pretext to curb freedom of movement.
- China Imposes Mandarin-Language Teaching on Kindergartens in Ethnic Minority, Rural Areas Radio Free Asia 06 Aug 2021 -- The ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) has announced it will extend compulsory Mandarin teaching to preschoolers across the country, ousting minority languages like Mongolian, Tibetan, and Uyghur -- as well as regional Chinese languages like Sichuanese or Cantonese -- as the medium of instruction for children of all ages across the country.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Hua Chunying's Remarks on Iran's New President Ebrahim Raisi's Assumption of Duty PRC MofA 06 Aug 2021
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list