Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
21 June 2021 - China Special Weapons News
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Sunday reported one new locally transmitted COVID-19 case in Guangdong Province, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Monday.
- The China Speed: 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered PLA Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- More than 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of June 19, according to the China's National Health Commission (NHC).
- More Lockdowns in China's Guangdong as COVID-19 Delta Variant Spreads Radio Free Asia 21 Jun 2021 -- Authorities in China are scrambling to vaccinate the entire population amid resurgent COVID-19 outbreaks in the southern province of Guangdong, state media and local residents said.
- Vietnam receives China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- A plane carrying a batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines on Sunday arrived at the Noi Bai International Airport in the Vietnamese capital Hanoi.
- China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Thailand People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- A batch of China's Sinopharm COVID-19 vaccines landed in the Thai capital of Bangkok Sunday, increasing support to the Southeast Asian country's battle against its worst wave of outbreak so far.
- China's assistance enables Ethiopia to keep fighting COVID-19: official People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- China has come to the aid of Ethiopia since COVID-19 broke out last year, enabling the African country to keep fighting the pandemic, a senior Ethiopian official has said.
- DPP slammed for disrupting Hong Kong and seeking "Taiwan independence" People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson on Sunday condemned Taiwan's Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authority for its attempts to disrupt Hong Kong and seek "Taiwan independence".
- Taiwan to Keep Hong Kong Representative Office Despite Lack of Staff Radio Free Asia 21 Jun 2021 -- The democratic government of Taiwan said on Monday it will keep its representative office in Hong Kong manned by a single official, despite an ongoing row over visas.
- Taiwan's Hong Kong office to continue with single officer CNA 21 Jun 2021 -- Taiwan's representative office in Hong Kong will continue to operate even though most Taiwanese posted at the office have been forced home due to visa issues, the chief of Taiwan's top agency handling relations with China said Monday.
- China publishes record of expelling foreign warplanes, 'warns risky US close-in recons' Global Times 21 Jun 2021 -- China recently published the flight record of its fighter jets expelling foreign warplanes from the region seen as the South China Sea in May 2020, which is a move that sent a strong signal to the US, as the latter doubled its risky and provocative close-in reconnaissance attempts on China in the region this year compared to last year, Chinese experts said on Sunday.
- More J-20 fighter jets commissioned to PLA Air Force PLA Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- It was learned from the PLA Air Force on June 18 that a batch of J-20s, new-generation stealth fighter jets independently developed by China, has been recently commissioned to a heroic aviation group of the PLA Air Force.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on June 21, 2021 PRC MofA 21 Jun 2021
- 'No Money, No News': Asset Freeze, Arrests Signal End for Hong Kong's Pro-Democracy Paper VOA 21 Jun 2021 -- Hong Kong's last pro-democracy newspaper appeared one step nearer to closing Monday, as Apple Daily announced it was airing its last nightly news show and dozens of staff resigned.
- Hong Kong Pro-Democracy Newspaper May Stop Publication This Week VOA 21 Jun 2021 -- The parent company of Hong Kong pro-democracy newspaper Apple Daily will decide this week whether to shut down the publication.
- Hong Kong to contribute to national financial development in different areas: HKSAR chief executive People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said on Sunday that in the country's financial development, Hong Kong will play a key role in promoting renminbi (RMB) internationalization, diversified financing, fund management, risk management and green development.
- Thousands Watch Last Online TV News From Hong Kong's Apple Daily Radio Free Asia 21 Jun 2021 -- Thousands of people tuned in to watch the last online TV news broadcast by Hong Kong's Apple Daily newspaper on Monday, as its owners warned the paper would likely shut down entirely by next weekend.
- Muslim Rights Group Demands Hilton Stop Building Hotel on Site of Demolished Mosque in China's Xinjiang Radio Free Asia 21 Jun 2021 -- The largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy group in the United States has called on the Hilton hospitality company to halt the construction of a hotel on the site of a destroyed Uyghur mosque in northwestern China's Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR).
- Bachelet Seeks Xinjiang Visit This Year Amid 'Serious Rights Violations' RFE/RL 21 Jun 2021 -- UN rights chief Michelle Bachelet has said she hoped she would be able to visit China's northwestern region of Xinjiang this year and be given "meaningful access," amid what she called continued "reports of serious human rights violations" there.
- Xi stresses drawing strength from CPC history to forge ahead People's Daily 21 Jun 2021 -- Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, on Friday stressed bearing in mind the course of the Party's struggles, shouldering the historic mission and drawing strength from the Party's history to forge ahead.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list