20 June 2021 - China Special Weapons News
- China passes 1b shots mark; eyes herd immunity by Dec Global Times 20 Jun 2021 -- China on Sunday became the first country in the world to have administered one billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines. Such achievement is believed to be a "milestone" but not "surprising" given China's thorough vaccination plan and effective implementation system.
- The China Speed: 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines administered People's Daily 20 Jun 2021 -- More than 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered on the Chinese mainland as of June 19, according to the China's National Health Commission (NHC).
- China administers 1 bln COVID-19 vaccine doses People's Daily 20 Jun 2021 -- More than 1 billion doses of COVID-19 vaccines had been administered in China by Saturday, as the country is pushing ahead with the largest vaccination drive in the history of New China.
- Chinese mainland sees no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 20 Jun 2021 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported 23 imported COVID-19 cases but no new locally transmitted cases, the National Health Commission said in its daily report on Sunday.
- Australia to Refer China to WTO Over Controversial Wine Export Taxes VOA 20 Jun 2021 -- Australia is asking the World Trade Organization to intervene in its dispute with China over the imposition of anti-dumping duties on Australian wine exports.
- Calls to shut down Apple Daily mount as observers see it as'legitimate, necessary' Global Times 20 Jun 2021 -- While Apple Daily has been struggling to continue operations amid low funds after the arrests of its senior executives, and the police search of its offices and the freezing of its assets, lawyers and experts in Hong Kong consider the suspension of the paper's operation and a complete shutdown as a legitimate and necessary move given its misdeeds on suspicion of violating the national security law amid rising calls for a clampdown on this "poisoned Apple."
- HK's role as financial hub gets stronger, seeks more mainland connectivity: Lam Global Times 20 Jun 2021 -- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Chief Executive Carrie Lam on Sunday brushed off foreign criticism and smearing of the city's financial industry, saying its role as a global financial hub has only become stronger.
- Beijing to implement radio control on CPC anniversary celebration day, airport security checks strengthened Global Times 20 Jun 2021 -- Beijing authorities announced Sunday that radio control would be implemented in some parts of the city on the celebration day for the 100th anniversary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) on July 1. The city has also strengthened security checks for passengers at the capital's airports.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|