Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
14 December 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Coveted COVID-19 Chinese vaccines provoke social media scams, scalpers targeting overseas Chinese Global Times 14 Dec 2020 -- Global Times reporters found that the COVID-19 vaccines claimed by scalpers are being sold for excessive rates in a thriving black market, or more specifically, across social media.
- Chinese mainland reports 16 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 14 Dec 2020 -- The Chinese mainland recorded 16 new COVID-19 cases on Sunday, including two locally transmitted cases in Heilongjiang Province, the National Health Commission announced on Monday.
- Chang'e-5 completes first orbital correction en route to Earth People's Daily 14 Dec 2020 -- China's Chang'e-5 probe on Monday completed its first orbital correction en route to Earth, according to the China National Space Administration (CNSA).
- Chinese Communist Party Members Worked in Foreign Consulates: Leaked List Radio Free Asia 14 Dec 2020 -- A leaked database of Chinese Communist Party (CCP) members has revealed that Beijing has had loyal potential agents working in consulates, major multinational companies, and sensitive research facilities around the world, according to reports published in The Australian, the Mail on Sunday, and other news organizations.
- Aircraft carrier Shandong wraps up year's 3rd voyage, exercises with submarine speculated Global Times 14 Dec 2020 -- China's second aircraft carrier, the Shandong, reportedly wrapped up its third voyage of this year, and returned to the Dalian Shipyard in Northeast China's Liaoning Province on Sunday.
- Plateau-operable Z-20 helicopters enter service in PLA Tibet Military Command Global Times 14 Dec 2020 -- China's latest and fully home-manufactured utility helicopter, the Z-20, which is designed to operate in plateau regions, recently made its long-expected first public appearance under the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Tibet Military Command. Analysts said on Monday that the new chopper is likely to be commissioned in large numbers.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin's Regular Press Conference on December 14, 2020 PRC MofA 14 Dec 2020
- Bloomberg employee's case investigated in accordance with law with legal rights protected: FM Global Times 14 Dec 2020 -- Responding to questions about the situation of a Bloomberg employee surnamed Fan, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin told Monday's media briefing that Fan's case is being investigated in accordance with the law and her legal rights and interests have been fully protected.
- Hong Kong Media Mogul Charged Over Actions, Speech Predating Security Law Radio Free Asia 14 Dec 2020 -- Prosecutors in Hong Kong have charged pro-democracy media mogul Jimmy Lai under the city's national security law, citing words and actions dating from before the law was imposed on the city by the ruling Chinese Communist Party (CCP) on July 1.
- ICC Rejects Uighur Plea for Investigation of China VOA 14 Dec 2020 -- Despite calls from exiled Uighurs, International Criminal Court prosecutors say they will not investigate China for alleged genocide and crimes against humanity, according to a report issued December 14.
- China Conducts Two Trials in Crackdown on Audio Bibles VOA 14 Dec 2020 -- Chinese courtrooms this month were the scene of two trials prosecuting Christian businessmen for selling audio versions of the Bible, a new crackdown that is part of a government campaign to "eradicate pornography and illegal publications."
- 8,363 overseas fugitives repatriated to China during six-year 'Sky Net' campaign Global Times 14 Dec 2020 -- From 2014 to October this year, 8,363 overseas fugitives have been caught in over 120 countries and regions and sent back to China under China's anti-corruption "Sky Net" operation, with 20.8 billion yuan ($3.18 billion) in illicit funds recovered.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list