Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
26 November 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China pushes test-based health code, eyes global mechanism Global Times 26 Nov 2020 -- More Chinese embassies have joined the push for pre-departure health codes based on coronavirus nucleic acid and antibody tests, a prerequisite for China-bound travels, which can shed light on how a global mechanism for mutual health code recognition will look like.
- Manzhouli rushes to curb COVID-19 outbreak after virus strain found similar to that of Russia Global Times 26 Nov 2020 -- China's largest land port - Manzhouli in North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region - vowed to curb the latest COVID-19 outbreak, as the city announced the virus strain of the initial infections was highly similar to that of Russia. A total of 11 cases have been confirmed so far.
- Disinfection in low temperatures a new challenge in COVID-19 combat: expert Global Times 26 Nov 2020 -- Disinfection in low temperatures and freezing environments has become a new challenge in combatting COVID-19, as many places in China have detected the coronavirus on the outer packaging of imported cold-chain products, and concerns over coronavirus transmission via cold-chain products continue to grow.
- Mainland to offer COVID-19 vaccine to HK amid 'fourth wave' Global Times 26 Nov 2020 -- Amid the fourth wave of the COVID-19 surge, Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Chief Executive Carrie Lam said the Chinese central government had agreed to supply Hong Kong people with a vaccine.
- Nigeria's Traditional Textiles Threatened by Chinese Imports VOA 26 Nov 2020 -- Nigeria has been producing traditional, handmade, beautiful fabric designs for centuries. But preservers of the ancient art say modern manufacturing and cheap Chinese imports threaten this way of life.
- India expected to take positive actions and sincere attitude to maintain peace and stability in border areas with China PLA Daily 26 Nov 2020 -- "Since the 8th round of China-India Corps Commander Level Meeting, the situation in the China-India border areas has remained stable on the whole. China expects the Indian side to maintain border peace and stability with sincere attitude and positive actions," said Senior Colonel Ren Guoqiang, spokesperson for China's Ministry of National Defense, when introducing the current China-India border situation at a regular press conference on Thursday.
- Chinese military urged to modernize theories, organization, weapons to reach PLA's 2027 centennial goal Global Times 26 Nov 2020 -- The Chinese military was urged to modernize military theories, organizations, personnel and weapons and equipment in order to reach its centennial goal by 2027 recently set by the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, the Chinese Ministry of National Defense said on Thursday.
- China's guidelines on joint operations aim for future warfare: Defense Spokesperson PLA Daily 26 Nov 2020 -- The guidelines on joint operations(trial) hold a leading, inclusive, and fundamental status as the top-level code of conduct in the combat doctrine system of the new era, and have been an integral part of the reform of military policies and systems, said Senior Colonel Ren Guoqiang, a spokesperson for China's Ministry of National Defense, at a regular press conference on Thursday.
- Creating "enemies" and hyping up "threats" are some US people's old tricks: Defense Spokesperson PLA Daily 26 Nov 2020 -- China firmly opposed the Cold War mentality and the zero-sum game of the US side, and urged the US to make more efforts to the world peace and development, said Senior Colonel Ren Guoqiang, a spokesperson for China's Ministry of National Defense, at a regular press conference on Thursday.
- NIDS' s China Security Report 2021 totally untenable: Defense Spokesperson PLA Daily 26 Nov 2020 -- Senior Colonel Ren Guoqiang, a spokesperson for China's Ministry of National Defense (MND), criticized a Japanese report for making groundless comments on China's national defense and military modernization at a regular MND press conference on November 26 when asked to comment on the so-called China Security Report 2021 released by Japan's National Institute for Defense Studies (NIDS) in mid-November.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Zhao Lijian's Regular Press Conference on November 26, 2020 PRC MofA 26 Nov 2020
- Will Biden reset China-US ties? Global Times 26 Nov 2020 -- After China officially acknowledged Joe Biden's win, the world's attention has turned to the interactions between China and the Biden administration, and where the interactions will lead China-US ties to. Are China and the US falling into the "Thucydides's Trap" during Biden's term, with the worst scenario of outbreak of war, or will the two countries reset their relations?
- Lam stresses youth's role in integration with national development Global Times 26 Nov 2020 -- In her 2020 annual policy address, Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam stressed the need to restore Hong Kong's constitutional order and political system from yearlong social turmoil, putting a special focus on the city's further integration into China's development plans, and creating more conditions for the young generation to achieve this goal.
- Chinese mainland remains backbone for HK exports amid COVID-19 Global Times 26 Nov 2020 -- The growth of Hong Kong's exports to the Chinese mainland has played an important role in boosting its foreign trade situation amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Hong Kong embraces greater development opportunities with new policy address unveiled People's Daily 26 Nov 2020 -- As a series of support measures were unveiled in the new policy address on Wednesday, Hong Kong, still reeling from social unrest and the COVID-19 epidemic, is expected to gain momentum to revive its ailing economy, integrate into steady development of the country, and realize greater achievements in the future.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list