Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
22 November 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Local outbreak resurfaces in several Chinese cities as winter comes Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- While COVID-19 epidemic could rebound in some places in China, with at least three Chinese cities - Shanghai, Tianjin and Inner Mongolia's Manzhouli in North China - reporting COVID-19 infections in recent days, Chinese experts assured the public that the experience China has accumulated since earlier outbreaks this year would help the country cope with risk of a possible second wave of the epidemic mainly caused by imported goods.
- Three Shanghai communities declared medium-risk areas after five people diagnosed with COVID-19 Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- The Mingtian Huacheng residential community in Shanghai's Zhoupu town was locked down about two hours after two COVID-19 cases involving local residents were confirmed, a security guard who asked not to be named told the Global Times on Sunday.
- Tianjin tests 1.7 million residents in one day amid local COVID-19 spike Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- North China's Tianjin Municipality has completed nucleic acid tests on 1.7 million residents in the Binhai New District since large-scale screening started on Saturday morning, after five local infection cases were recently found.
- China's major port city Tianjin starts mass testing of 2.6 million residents as new cases emerge Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- Tianjin, a city near Beijing, has been conducting mass nucleic acid testing on all 2.6 million residents in one of its districts after several people there tested positive for COVID-19 in the past days.
- China sees surge in COVID-19 contaminated imported food, calls for circuit breaker mechanism for imports Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- South China's Guangdong Province reported two new cases of imported food testing positive for coronavirus on Saturday. Packaging of chicken wings imported from Argentina (batch number: BDAICA) and frozen chicken feet imported from Russia (batch number: 2308) in Dongguan city tested positive.
- Update: China-Russia border city Manzhouli to test all 300,000 residents after 2 local infections reported Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- North China's port city of Manzhouli, China's largest land port bordering Russia, has entered quasi-lockdown mode, with 300,000 local residents to be given nucleic acid tests after two local COVID-19 infections were reported on Saturday whose sources of infection remain unclear.
- Shanghai reports one more local COVID-19 case as more residents undergo tests Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- Shanghai reported one new local COVID-19 case and three imported cases on Saturday, the Shanghai Health Commission announced on Sunday, noting that the local patient lives in the Pudong New Area and is a co-worker of the airport freight security checker confirmed to have contracted the COVID-19 virus on Friday, with four close contacts under medical observation.
- Hong Kong's daily COVID-19 infections hit 3-month high Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- Hong Kong on Saturday reported the highest number of daily new cases of COVID-19 in about three months, with the authorities toughening up measures to fend off a new wave of the coronavirus outbreak.
- China tightens COVID-19 prevention in blood donation People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- The National Health Commission has released a guideline on the COVID-19 prevention and control work at blood donation stations to ensure the safety of health workers and donors as well as secure blood supplies in autumn and winter.
- Shanghai reports 1 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 case People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- Shanghai reported one new confirmed locally transmitted COVID-19 case on Saturday, local authorities said.
- Two new local COVID-19 cases reported in Chinese border city People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- Two new locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 cases were reported Saturday in a border city of north China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, the regional health commission said.
- Tianjin reports 5 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- Five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were confirmed in north China's Tianjin Municipality on Friday, local authorities said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 3 new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- China's National Health Commission said Sunday that it received reports of 17 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Saturday, including three domestically transmitted and 14 imported cases.
- 9 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Sunday that nine COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 14 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 14 new imported COVID-19 cases on Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 3,775, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Tibetan political leader visits US in defiance of China Press TV 22 Nov 2020 -- The Tibetan political leader has visited Washington for the first time in six decades, in a move that is likely to escalate tensions between the United States and China.
- China's Y-20 strategic transport aircraft gets key indigenous engine: reports Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- China's Y-20 strategic transport aircraft is finally getting its long-awaited domestically developed engines, which recently made their first public appearance, multiple media reports speculated recently. The new engines are expected to boost the Y-20's key performances including range and cargo capacity, in addition to reducing reliance on imported engines, experts said on Sunday.
- Pompeo, Stoltenberg Talk China at Halifax Security Forum VOA 22 Nov 2020 -- Everyone had something to say about China at this year's Halifax International Security Forum.
- Full Text: Remarks by Chinese President Xi Jinping at 15th G20 Leaders' Summit PLA Daily 22 Nov 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Saturday addressed the 15th G20 Leaders' Summit via video link.
- Two HK district councillors among three arrested over conspiracy to defraud in LegCo elections Global Times 22 Nov 2020 -- Six people were arrested in Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) over the weekend on charges of conspiracy to defraud in the general elections for the Legislative Council (LegCo), and sponsoring secessionist activities, including two district councillors and a radio DJ.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list