Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 November 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Zhejiang city starts 2nd round of COVID-19 vaccine injections, only for those going overseas Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- Yiwu in East China's Zhejiang Province has launched a second round of injections of a COVID-19 vaccine produced by Sinovac for emergency inoculation, despite Western media hyping safety concerns over the vaccine following the death of a Brazilian volunteer, which turned out to be unrelated to the vaccine.
- China halts some Indian cuttlefish imports after COVID-19 found on packages Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- Chinese Customs has halted some Indian cuttlefish imports after certain packaging tested positive for COVID-19, a move that could affect Indian seafood export industry, experts said.
- Chinese vaccine cold-chain suppliers see order boom from US Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- Chinese makers of cold-chain equipment for medical use are running at full swing to meet booming orders from pandemic-hit countries such as the US, with a looming shortage of cryogenic storage freezers.
- Evolving coronavirus situation to put pressure on economy: HK financial secretary Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- If the coronavirus situation continues to evolve, the Hong Kong economy will be under pressure once again, according to Hong Kong Finance Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Nov 2020 -- The Chinese mainland on Saturday reported no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 13 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Nov 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 13 new imported COVID-19 cases Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 3,693, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Chinese premier eyes further regional solidarity, cooperation against COVID-19 People's Daily 15 Nov 2020 -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Saturday called for further solidarity and cooperation with regional countries in fighting against the COVID-19 pandemic, along with the safeguarding of peace and stability.
- Huge Asian Trade Pact Signed in Coup for China VOA 15 Nov 2020 -- Fifteen Asian and Pacific countries Sunday signed the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership agreement on the sidelines of the annual Association of Southeast Asian Nations summit.
- Two Chinese aircraft enter Taiwan's ADIZ Sunday CNA 15 Nov 2020 -- A Chinese Y-8 anti-submarine military aircraft and another Y-8 surveillance plane flew into Taiwan's southwestern air defense identification zone (ADIZ) Sunday, according to the Ministry of National Defense (MND).
- MAC slams China's reported plan to identify 'independence advocates' CNA 15 Nov 2020 -- Taiwan's Mainland Affairs Council (MAC) said Sunday that a reported effort by China to draft a list of "stubborn Taiwan independence advocates" was an attempt to "sow division" that has damaged cross-strait peace.
- Chinese mainland to blacklist Taiwan secessionists; 'Tsai Ing-wen could be listed' Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- Chinese mainland authorities in charge of Taiwan affairs will blacklist a group of "stubborn Taiwan secessionists," the Hong Kong-based newspaper Ta Kung Pao reported on Sunday, citing "authoritative sources."
- Taiwan island's new missile useless against Chinese mainland: experts Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- The air-launched cruise missiles made in the island of Taiwan that reportedly are able to strike key military facilities along the coast of the Chinese mainland cannot reach their intended targets, Chinese mainland experts said on Sunday, after the military on the island recently test-fired one in a move analysts warned is a dangerous act of resisting reunification by force.
- China's future fighter trainer could feature AI to boost pilot's combat capability: top designer Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- China's future fighter trainer could feature artificial intelligence (AI) technologies to help pilot cadet's learning and boost future combat capability, said the chief designer of China's current most advanced trainer jet in a recent media report.
- Rational voices in China-US ties emerge, paving way for Biden's pragmatic policies Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- As rational voices have emerged which may signal a change of approach to China-US relations under the incoming administration in Washington, there are signs that the two sides have been engaging more through semi-official channels lately to increase communication after bilateral ties hit the lowest point under US President Donald Trump's four-year tenure.
- Xi's article on promoting law-based governance to be published PLA Daily 15 Nov 2020 -- An article by Chinese President Xi Jinping on advancing law-based governance in all fields will be published Monday.
- Chinese premier urges further cooperation, sustainable development to counter challenges amid COVID-19 Global Times 15 Nov 2020 -- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang on Saturday called for solidarity, the focus on development and expanded cooperation to join hands in countering the challenges amid the ravaging COVID-19.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list