Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
08 November 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China to embrace all possible ways of epidemic-related cooperation with US, analysts say after Biden vows to make epidemic control a top priority Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- While US president-elect Joe Biden vowed to heal and unite the US, a process that will begin with naming a group of scientists and experts as transition advisers on Monday to deal with the COVID-19 pandemic, Chinese analysts said that China would embrace all possible ways to cooperate with the US to combat the virus, including vaccine research and development, if the US is willing.
- Imported virus via cold chain to continue if pandemic persists abroad Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- Public concerns have risen after three Chinese cities with the same root cause of imported COVID-19 infections through cold-chain logistics were reported, with hundreds of people having been tested. North China's Tianjin Municipality, in which confirmed a patient, has entered "war time mode" on Sunday.
- UPDATE: Tianjin enters 'war time mode' after reporting a local COVID-19 case related to imported cold chain food from Germany Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- North China's Tianjin Municipality announced it has entered wartime mode after reporting a loader in a cold storage was infected by COVID-19 through cold chain food imports. Tihe city detected a positive sample for COVID-19 on the outer packaging of a frozen pork knuckle sample imported from Bremen, Germany.
- North China city detects coronavirus on outer packaging of imported frozen food Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- Another inland city in China reported a case of frozen food packaging testing positive for COVID-19, which is related to the case of a cold storage loader in Tianjin Municipality confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 on Sunday.
- Cold storage worker in China's Tianjin tests positive for COVID-19 People's Daily 08 Nov 2020 -- A cold storage worker in north China's Tianjin Municipality tested positive for COVID-19 and has been sent to a designated hospital for treatment, the local health authority said Sunday.
- 37 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 08 Nov 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Sunday that 37 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 28 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 08 Nov 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 28 new imported COVID-19 cases Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 3,571, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Facilities built by Chinese enterprise aids Namibia in COVID-19 fight People's Daily 08 Nov 2020 -- Facilities built by a Chinese enterprise in Namibia have aided the country in curbing the spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
- Xi calls construction of Sichuan-Tibet railway significant to unity and border stability Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- Experts hailed the Sichuan-Tibet Railway as an "infrastructure miracle" in connecting people and safeguarding border stability, following Chinese President Xi Jinping's remarks to advance the construction of the project with high quality. Xi called the project a major step in safeguarding national unity and a significant move in promoting economic and social development of western region.
- China-India border talks may drag on during winter Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- China and India have cemented agreements achieved in previous rounds of talks in the latest commander level meeting on Friday, with both sides vowing to ensure their frontline troops "exercise restraint and avoid misunderstanding and miscalculation." Future talks will be arranged soon, indicating the two sides are prepared to prolong the row through the coming winter and even longer, according to an official media release by China's Ministry of National Defense on Sunday.
- China, India agree to ensure frontline troops to exercise restraint, avoid miscalculation Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- China and India had a candid, in-depth and constructive exchange of views on disengagement along the Line of Actual Control in the Western sector of China-India border areas in the 8th round of Corps Commander Level Meeting held in Chushul on Friday, with both sides agreeing to ensure their frontline troops "to exercise restraint and avoid misunderstanding and miscalculation," according to an official media release by the Chinese Ministry of National Defense on Sunday.
- 8th round of India-China Corps Commander Level Meeting India PIB 08 Nov 2020 -- On November 6th, the 8th round of India-China Corps Commander Level Meeting was held in Chushul.
- China, India hold 8th corps commander level meeting People's Daily 08 Nov 2020 -- China's Ministry of National Defense on Sunday said the 8th round of China-India Corps Commander Level Meeting was held on Nov. 6 in Chushul.
- India and China Agree to Maintain Peace, Tranquility in Border Areas Sputnik 08 Nov 2020 -- India and China have agreed to maintain dialogue to ensure tranquillity in border areas, the Indian Defence Ministry said in a Sunday statement, commenting on military talks held earlier this week.
- Biden will take different approach to China than Trump: scholars CNA 08 Nov 2020 -- Two Taiwanese scholars on Sunday said that United States President-elect Joe Biden is likely to take a different approach to China and Taiwan than incumbent Donald Trump, though it is too early to know the specifics.
- U.S. support for Taiwan will not change under Biden: Chinese scholar CNA 08 Nov 2020 -- There will not be much change in how the United States supports Taiwan diplomatically and through arm sales in the next four years, even though Joe Biden has beat incumbent Donald Trump to win the presidential election, a Chinese scholar said on Sunday.
- Chinese private space firms gaining ground in orbital satellite launch Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- Standing alone in the Gobi Desert in Northwest China, a small, black rocket, developed by a private Chinese aerospace firm, awaited its debut. The engineering team behind the rocket, who have worked around the clock for the past few months, was waiting, nervously, for the launch.
- China's commercial rocket CERES-1 completes maiden flight People's Daily 08 Nov 2020 -- China's new carrier rocket CERES-1, designed for commercial use, made its maiden flight on Saturday, sending one satellite into planned orbit.
- Biden wins: What next for China-US relations? Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- As a crucial victory in major swing state Pennsylvania put Joe Biden over the 270 Electoral College vote threshold to win the presidency, the president-elect made his first speech on Saturday night emphasizing "unity and healing." While the world displays a growing sense of expectation for the 46th president of the US, some Chinese experts considered the outcome offers some "breathing room" for the tense China-US relations.
- Joe Biden: a new president-elect for the US, yet an 'old friend' for Chinese Global Times 08 Nov 2020 -- For some Chinese people, US president-elect Joe Biden maybe a new face and an unfamiliar name they have taken notice of only because of his hard-fought campaign to win the presidency over outgoing President Donald Trump. But many more have remembered him for being the visiting US vice president who dined on noodles in an unassuming Beijing eatery in 2011.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list