Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
03 November 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China steps up readiness to handle logistical complexities of global COVID-19 vaccine distribution Global Times 03 Nov 2020 -- With the coronavirus vaccine possibly ready for public use as early as November, the rapid rollout of the vaccine candidates still poses great logistical challenges in global vaccine transportation.
- 23 Indian nationals infected with COVID-19 reported on flight from New Delhi to China's Wuhan Global Times 03 Nov 2020 -- Wuhan, the capital city of Central China's Hubei Province, on Monday reported 23 COVID-19 infections imported from India, all of whom were Indian nationals on the same flight.
- China's Hubei reports 4 imported confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Nov 2020 -- Central China's Hubei Province reported four confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 19 asymptomatic cases Monday, all imported from India, the provincial health commission said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 5 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Nov 2020 -- Five new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported on the Chinese mainland Monday, all in northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- US has intensified cyberwar on Russia, China, Iran: NYT Press TV 03 Nov 2020 -- The United States has significantly scaled up its cyber warfare against Russia, China, and Iran under the pretext of deflecting alleged interference from the trio in its 2020 presidential elections, according to The New York Times.
- Reports claiming China annexed Nepalese land are fake news: Chinese FM Global Times 03 Nov 2020 -- Media reports claiming that China has annexed more than 150 hectares of Nepalese land are fake news without any factual basis, and are complete rumors, said Chinese FM spokesperson Wang Wenbin, slamming the groundless reports at a press conference on Tuesday.
- China rejects UK media report of seizing territory from Nepal Press TV 03 Nov 2020 -- China has rejected a UK-based media report accusing Beijing of seizing territory from neighboring Nepal as "completely unfounded."
- Chinese anti-submarine plane enters Taiwan's ADIZ CNA 03 Nov 2020 -- A Chinese military Y-8 anti-submarine plane entered Taiwan's southwest air defense identification zone (ADIZ) on Tuesday morning, the 33rd day on which such incursions have occurred since mid-September, according to the Ministry of National Defense (MND).
- Washington mulls another arms sale to Taiwan, PLA flies fighter jets to Straits Global Times 03 Nov 2020 -- The US on Monday was reportedly edging near the approval of yet another arms sale, sophisticated aerial drones this time, to the island of Taiwan, while the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) on the same day sent fighter jets to the Taiwan Straits for the first time since mid-September.
- New-generation assault vehicles enter service with PLA border defense troops Global Times 03 Nov 2020 -- China's new-generation off-road assault vehicles have been commissioned into the People's Liberation Army (PLA) border defense troops in large batches, official releases and media reports suggest. The vehicles will give PLA troops operating in high altitude regions high mobility, winning them advantages in stamina and time, analysts said on Tuesday.
- China to accelerate modernization of national defense, armed forces PLA Daily 03 Nov 2020 -- China will accelerate the modernization of its national defense and armed forces, according to the full text of the Communist Party of China Central Committee's proposals for formulating a new five-year development plan and long-range objectives.
- New insulated cabins keep plateau troops warm PLA Daily 03 Nov 2020 -- It was late autumn, and the plateau area at the altitude of more than 4,000m where the PLA troops stationed was already freezing cold. Even if people wore a thick cotton-padded overcoat, the wind would still keep creeping in through the collar. Following the direction of Zhou Hao, a company instructor, rows of new dismountable self-energized insulated cabins could be found in the military camp.
- PLA Air Force organizes UAV cargo delivery drill in mountainous area PLA Daily 03 Nov 2020 -- Recently, a combined arms airborne battalion of the PLA Air Force organized a cargo delivery drill using unmanned aircraft vehicles (UAVs) in the mountainous area of northern Hubei Province. During the drill, officers and soldiers used unmanned transport aircraft to conduct such exercises as continuous airdrops, decentralized delivery, fast-roping delivery, wounded evacuation, etc.
- Xi's explanatory speech on CPC proposals for 14th Five-Year Plan, targets through 2035 released PLA Daily 03 Nov 2020 -- An explanatory speech made by Xi Jinping on the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee's proposals for formulating the 14th Five-Year Plan (2021-2025) for National Economic and Social Development and the Long-Range Objectives Through the Year 2035 was made public Tuesday.
- Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Wang Wenbin's Regular Press Conference on November 3, 2020 PRC MofA 03 Nov 2020
- China urges U.S. to stop political persecution, suppression against Chinese journalists People's Daily 03 Nov 2020 -- China on Monday urged the United States to stop political persecution and suppression against Chinese journalists.
- US: Ball Is in China's Court to Reverse US-China 'Decoupling' VOA 03 Nov 2020 -- As the United States is seen as "decoupling" from China, will this policy change represent a permanent and long-term movement in U.S. decision-making or is it something that could change next year or in a future U.S. administration?
- New 5-year plan to tackle external interference in HK and Taiwan Global Times 03 Nov 2020 -- The proposal of China's new five-year plan stressed high alert to outside interference in Hong Kong and Macao affairs, and vowed to resolutely contain those activities in Taiwan to safeguard national sovereignty and stability.
- Carrie Lam to discuss how central govt can help HK bring about economic recovery during her mainland trip Global Times 03 Nov 2020 -- Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam said on Tuesday that she will discuss how the central government will support Hong Kong to bring about economic recovery, and how Hong Kong fits into overall national development, the 14th Five-Year Plan, and the development of the Greater Bay Area, with mainland officials during her trip to Beijing, Guangzhou and Shenzhen this week.
- HKSAR gov't to implement national security law without fear: HKSAR chief executive Global Times 03 Nov 2020 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said on Monday that the implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the HKSAR is both timely and essential.
- HKSAR gov't to implement national security law without fear: HKSAR chief executive People's Daily 03 Nov 2020 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said on Monday that the implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the HKSAR is both timely and essential.
- Hong Kong Police Arrest Documentary Producer Over Mob Attack Program Radio Free Asia 03 Nov 2020 -- Police in Hong Kong on Tuesday arrested a producer who made a documentary for government broadcaster RTHK about the July 21, 2019 mob attacks on train passengers in Yuen Long.
- Interview: 'The Core Will Now Dictate Everything' Radio Free Asia 03 Nov 2020 -- The official Chinese Communist Party (CCP) media are singing the praises of last week's fifth plenum of the Central Committee of the 19th Party Congress. I, too, think that it was a historic plenum, on a par with the Zunyi conference and the third plenum of the 11th Party Congress. Except of course that the latter two conferences overturned the existing order, while this one paves the way for an era in which [CCP general secretary Xi Jinping at] the core will dictate everything.
- Self-Proclaimed Uyghur Former Chinese Spy Shot by Unknown Assailant in Turkey Radio Free Asia 03 Nov 2020 -- A Uyghur who claims he was forced to spy on members of his ethnic group living in exile in Turkey for the China's government has been shot by an unknown assailant he believes is a Chinese agent, he told RFA's Uyghur Service Tuesday, from the hospital bed where he is recovering in stable condition.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list