Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
11 October 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- E China's Qingdao reports 3 asymptomatic patients, possibly related to imported cases Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- Authorities in East China's coastal city Qingdao sealed off some blocks of local residential compounds and hospitals after three asymptomatic COVID-19 patients were found on Sunday.
- 2nd wave of COVID-19 has broken out, but less worrying than first: former CDC head Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- As temperatures drop in the northern hemisphere, a rebound of coronavirus has been observed in many parts of the world, bringing a second wave of the global COVID-19 pandemic, former head of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) told the Global Times on Sunday. This time, however, will be less worrying, she said.
- 9 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 11 Oct 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Sunday that nine COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- Chinese military aircraft again enters Taiwan's southwest ADIZ CNA 11 Oct 2020 -- A Chinese military aircraft entered Taiwan's air defense identification zone (ADIZ) on Sunday, marking the 17th such incursion by the Chinese military into the nation's ADIZ in less than a month.
- PLA holds amphibious landing drills to 'show firm will against Taiwan secessionists' Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) recently conducted large-scale joint amphibious landing drills off the Chinese mainland's southeastern coast amid increasingly rampant Taiwan secessionist moves, including hundreds of espionage attempts on the Chinese mainland and collusion with the US. Chinese mainland analysts said on Sunday that the PLA drills again demonstrate the mainland's strong capability and firm will against Taiwan secessionists and push for reunification, following PLA aerial and naval exercises and patrols in the Taiwan Straits that have continued for nearly a month.
- China Holds Military Invasion Drill Amid Tensions With Taiwan VOA 11 Oct 2020 -- China staged a large-scale island invasion military exercise during Taiwan's National Day as President Tsai Ing-wen called for "meaningful dialogue" with Beijing.`
- State security agency uncovers hundreds of Taiwan espionage activities against mainland Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- Sources with the Chinese mainland's state security agency recently revealed to the Global Times that a member of a Taiwan separatist group who had been arrested in Shenzhen in 2019 for endangering national security spied on the mainland's armed police deployment in Shenzhen, and sent photos and videos he took of the deployment to the Taiwan separatist group.
- Two Chinese Vessels Enter Japan's Waters Near Disputed East China Sea Islands, Reports Say Sputnik 11 Oct 2020 -- China and Japan have been engaged in a long-standing dispute in the East China Sea over the status of a group of uninhabited islands, known as the Diaoyu Islands in China and the Senkaku Islands in Japan.
- China opposed to undermining JCPOA IRNA 11 Oct 2020 -- Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said that Beijing is against any unilateral move to undermine the JCPOA and it will continue to support implementation of the agreement and UN Security Council Resolution 2231 and diplomatic settlement of Iran's nuclear issue.
- China supports JCPOA, calls for new platform to resolve West Asia issues: FM Wang Press TV 11 Oct 2020 -- China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi has called for the formation of a new dialogue forum to resolve security issues in the West Asia region, saying the major precondition for joining the forum would be the support for the multilateral 2015 nuclear deal.
- China's Type 055 destroyer has anti-stealth, anti-satellite capabilities: report Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- China's domestically developed 10,000 ton-class Type 055 guided missile destroyer can counter stealth aircraft and low-Earth orbit satellites, a state-owned media has recently revealed for the first time, leading Chinese experts to say on Sunday that the capabilities will give Chinese forces a key edge over their opponents in modern warfare.
- HK new civil servants required to swear to uphold Basic Law: secretary Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- Relevant preparatory work is underway for the requirement of new civil servants employed from July 1 to pledge to uphold the Basic Law and swear allegiance to the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), said the Secretary for the Civil Service in Hong Kong, Patrick Nip Tak-kuen, on Saturday.
- Once-in-a-decade census starts head count Global Times 11 Oct 2020 -- Offers fundamentals for China's further development planning: experts Across thousands of residential compounds in Beijing, a knock at the door has become common across the capital as it kicked off the seventh national census on Sunday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list