Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
26 September 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China's earliest vaccine volunteers conclude 6-month observation, set for second dose Global Times 26 Sep 2020 -- The six-month follow-up medical observation for China's first batch of COVID-19 vaccine volunteers ends on the weekend, as the volunteers complete the final blood sample collection to see antibody levels.
- Virus found on 2 Russian ships' imports Global Times 26 Sep 2020 -- China Customs announced the suspension of imports from two Russian ships for four weeks, after East China's Shandong Province announced that the novel coronavirus was found on the outer packaging and samples of aquatic products.
- 12,492 people tested for COVID-19 after new asymptomatic cases emerge in east China People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- A total of 12,492 people working at the Qingdao Port had been tested for nucleic acid as of Friday after two stevedores were reported as asymptomatic COVID-19 cases on Thursday.
- Two port workers test positive for COVID-19 in east China People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- Two stevedores in east China's port city of Qingdao were reported as asymptomatic COVID-19 cases on Thursday, said the municipal health commission on Friday.
- China increases nucleic acid testing capacity People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- China's nucleic acid testing capacity has hugely improved, which is the key to the epidemic response in the coming autumn-winter season, a health official said Friday.
- Hong Kong's 3rd wave of COVID-19 epidemic basically contained People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said Friday that after a hard-fought battle of more than two months, Hong Kong has basically contained the third wave of the COVID-19 epidemic which started in early July.
- Beijing approves regulation on public health emergency response People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- The regulation on public health emergency response in Beijing was approved at a session of the Standing Committee of the 15th Beijing Municipal People's Congress on Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 15 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 15 new imported COVID-19 cases Friday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 2,788, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- 14 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Saturday that 14 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- No new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Friday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- China delivers more COVID-19 preventive supplies to Zambia Global Times 26 Sep 2020 -- China on Friday delivered more COVID-19 preventative materials to Zambia.
- India's border fire may lead to 'unbearable consequence' Global Times 26 Sep 2020 -- Chinese observers warned on Saturday that India's latest tricks of doubling troops at the border and authorizing frontline soldiers to fire in clashes with the Chinese army, all while agreeing to de-escalate tensions at the negotiating table with China, could further increase the risk of conflict at the border and lead to dangerous consequences for itself.
- Tsai visits Kaohsiung military bases to show support for troops CNA 26 Sep 2020 -- President Tsai Ing-wen (è”¡è‹±æ–‡) toured several military bases in Kaohsiung on Saturday to thank the men and women in uniform for their contributions to safeguarding the country and helping protect freedom and democracy.
- Tuvalu, Eswatini call for Taiwan's readmission to U.N. CNA 26 Sep 2020 -- Leaders of Taiwan's diplomatic allies continued to voice support for Taiwan's international participation on the fourth day of an annual U.N. debate, citing Taiwan's humanitarian assistance in the global COVID-19 response.
- Chinese spy ship leaves waters near Taiwan after 9-day stay CNA 26 Sep 2020 -- A Chinese spy ship, which had remained in waters off Taiwan's east coast for more than a week, sailed away from the area Saturday morning after Taiwan's Navy sent a ship to monitor its activity.
- PLA's J-20 stealth fighter deployment near Taiwan stokes fear, delivers warning to separatists Global Times 26 Sep 2020 -- A J-20 stealth fighter jet of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) was reportedly spotted soaring through the skies above an East China city only 500 kilometers away from the island of Taiwan, sparking fear on the island and delivering a powerful warning to Taiwan separatists and the US, as the island's media reported on Saturday that Taiwan warplanes were only minutes away from the J-20's kill range if it flew toward the island.
- Chinese Taipei's participation in APEC meeting must comply with relevant MOU, customary practice: spokesperson People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- Chinese Taipei must comply with relevant Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) memorandum of understanding and customary practice if it is to send a delegation to the upcoming APEC Economic Leaders' Meeting no matter what form the meeting may take, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Friday.
- China unveils guideline to promote media convergence People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- The general offices of the Communist Party of China Central Committee and the State Council have recently released a guideline to further beef up the country's media convergence.
- Hong Kong plans to require new civil servants to pledge to uphold Basic Law, swear allegiance to HKSAR Global Times 26 Sep 2020 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government will require new civil servants employed from July 1 to pledge to uphold the Basic Law and swear allegiance to the HKSAR, an official said on Friday.
- Hong Kong plans to require new civil servants to pledge to uphold Basic Law, swear allegiance to HKSAR People's Daily 26 Sep 2020 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government will require new civil servants employed from July 1 to pledge to uphold the Basic Law and swear allegiance to the HKSAR, an official said on Friday.
- Xi calls for law-based governance, unity via long-term efforts at Xinjiang meeting Global Times 26 Sep 2020 -- Six years after the last central work conference on Xinjiang, and with the security situation fundamentally changed, the Chinese central government held a third central work conference on Xinjiang on Friday and Saturday in Beijing, stressing building Xinjiang featuring socialism with Chinese characteristics in the new era.
- Tibet official expelled from CPC for corruption, divulging state secrets and possessing ammunition Global Times 26 Sep 2020 -- The discipline inspection commission of the Tibet Autonomous Region announced on Friday evening that a senior official was expelled from the Communist Party of China (CPC) and removed from his position for corruption, divulging state secrets and illegally possessing ammunition.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list