Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
12 September 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China's CDC warns of dual risks of influenza and novel coronavirus in autumn and winter Global Times 12 Sep 2020 -- As concerns linger that humans may face dual risks of influenza and novel coronavirus in autumn and winter, the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) called for wider populations at risk of having respiratory diseases to have influenza vaccinations in a new-issued guideline.
- The Price of Beijing's Vaccine Diplomacy in Southeast Asia VOA 12 Sep 2020 -- As China publicly claims it is closing in on a coronavirus vaccine, Beijing has begun promising early access to countries of strategic interest. The effort is broadly seen as a way for Beijing to try to shore up its global standing after the outbreak that started in Wuhan spread to the rest of the world.
- Tibetan School Year Begins Under New Restrictions, Mandarin-only Instruction Radio Free Asia 12 Sep 2020 -- The school year for children living in Tibetan areas of China has started under harsh new restrictions, with children in one Qinghai county ordered by authorities out of their homes and into Chinese boarding schools, and the language of classroom instruction in another county switched from Tibetan to Chinese, Tibetan sources say.
- Five Indians 'missing' in south Tibet region are India's intelligence personnel disguised as hunters: source Global Times 12 Sep 2020 -- Five Indians, who were allegedly "kidnapped" by the China's People Liberation Army or as some called went missing in the south Tibet region, are India's intelligence staff who had disguised themselves as hunters, a source told the Global Times.
- China to release 5 Indian 'intelligence agents': Report Press TV 12 Sep 2020 -- China will release five Indian intelligence agents who were detained earlier this month in a region bordering Tibet against the backdrop of an agreement between Beijing and New Delhi to work for peace.
- China Hands Over 5 Missing Indians Amid Border Hostilities Sputnik 12 Sep 2020 -- Panic gripped several families when five men, who had gone out hunting in the jungle, went missing in Arunachal Pradesh's Upper Subansiri district on the Sino-Indian border on 2 September. The kin of the missing men and Indian politician Ninong Ering alleged that the five had been abducted by the Chinese Army amid a border standoff in Ladakh.
- Challenges Remain Despite Deal in India-China Border Spat VOA 12 Sep 2020 -- India and China have agreed to disengage troops and de-escalate tensions that flared this week along their contested border, but analysts say overcoming their differences will not be easy.
- The US has gone too far and overstretched its reach: Chinese FM Global Times 12 Sep 2020 -- China's State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi on Friday rebutted the accusation that China has interfered in US internal affairs, saying it's time China asked the US not to interfere in China's internal affairs.
- China, Russia should strengthen cooperation in four areas: senior Chinese official People's Daily 12 Sep 2020 -- China and Russia should strengthen cooperation in the fight against COVID-19 and other areas to promote bilateral relations, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said on Friday.
- Not 'wise' to allow politically-driven UK provocations against China over HK to extend to financial sector: experts Global Times 12 Sep 2020 -- The decision by the Court of Common Council in the City of London to back the UK government's plan to provide British National Overseas (BNO) passport holders in Hong Kong with access to British citizenship is a result of domestic political pressure, Chinese observers said Saturday, calling on the financial circle in the City of London to be rational and cherish China-UK fruit in the sector.
- Commissioner's office of Chinese foreign ministry in HKSAR urges US politicians to stop interfering in China's internal affairs Global Times 12 Sep 2020 -- The Office of the Commissioner of the Chinese foreign ministry in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region on Saturday urged some U.S. politicians to immediately stop interfering in Hong Kong affairs and China's internal affairs as a whole.
- China's Gaofen 02C satellite fails to reach orbit Global Times 12 Sep 2020 -- China's optical remote-sensing satellite Jilin-1 Gaofen 02C failed to enter the preset orbit on Saturday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list