Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 September 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- KMT to stick to '1992 consensus:' party chairman CNA 06 Sep 2020 -- The Kuomintang (KMT), Taiwan's main opposition party, will continue to stick to its long-held stance of upholding the "1992 consensus" as the basis of its policy toward China, the party's chairman said on Sunday.
- Breach of national sovereignty: China slams Czech visit to Taiwan Press TV 06 Sep 2020 -- The Chinese Embassy in Prague has condemned this week's visit to Taiwan by a high-ranking Czech delegation as "a serious infringement on China's national sovereignty."
- Returning reusable spacecraft may be like US' X-37B, focusing on civilian use, tapping into space application potential: experts Global Times 06 Sep 2020 -- After flying in orbit for two days, China's reusable spacecraft landed safely to its designated site on Sunday, marking a breakthrough in China's technology for reusing spacecraft.
- China's reusable spacecraft successfully returns to designated landing site Global Times 06 Sep 2020 -- After flying in orbit for two days, China's reusable spacecraft, which was launched from Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center on Friday, successfully returned to its designated landing site on Sunday.
- China's Reusable Experimental Spaceship Successfully Returns to Earth - Reports Sputnik 06 Sep 2020 -- The Chinese reusable experimental spaceship has successfully returned to Earth having spent two days in the orbit, Chinese news agency Xinhua reported on Sunday.
- Xinhua: Reusable Experimental Spacecraft Has Returned Successfully to Earth VOA 06 Sep 2020 -- An experimental, reusable Chinese spacecraft returned to its designated landing site Sunday after two days in orbit, China's official Xinhua news agency reported.
- Over 1 mln people pre-register for mass COVID-19 testing in Hong Kong People's Daily 06 Sep 2020 -- More than 1 million Hong Kong residents have pre-registered for the ongoing mass testing program of COVID-19 by noon of Saturday as Hong Kong is striving to stop the spread of the virus.
- 18 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 06 Sep 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Sunday that 18 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 06 Sep 2020 -- No new locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported Saturday across the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- China, India defense chiefs agree to resolve border tensions Press TV 06 Sep 2020 -- The defense ministers of India and China have met in the Russian capital of Moscow as part of efforts aimed at resolving heightening tensions after a fierce clash in June killed 20 Indian soldiers along their disputed border in the eastern Ladakh region.
- China's two aircraft carriers in apparent simultaneous exercises for 1st time: reports Global Times 06 Sep 2020 -- After China's second aircraft carrier, the Shandong, embarked on a training voyage in the Bohai Sea last week, the country's first carrier, the Liaoning, was spotted leaving its base and sailing in the Yellow Sea during the weekend. This was the first time known to the general public that China had two active aircraft carriers out at sea for apparent simultaneous exercises.
- HK opposition groups warned on gatherings Global Times 06 Sep 2020 -- Adding fuel to the fire of Hong Kong's coronavirus flare-up, opposition groups organized illegal gatherings in Kowloon on Sunday morning, which were held under the guise of protesting postponed Legislative Council (LegCo) elections and the national security law.
- Hundreds Arrested in Hong Kong Protests to Commemorate Postponed Elections VOA 06 Sep 2020 -- At least 289 people were arrested in Hong Kong Sunday during protests against the postponement of legislative elections.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list