Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
15 August 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Concerns grow over frozen food products as Shenzhen grocery store workers test positive Global Times 15 Aug 2020 -- Chinese public is growing more concerned about the safety of frozen food products as new infections were reported in a grocery store in Shenzhen.
- Guidelines issued to regulate schools reopening in the fall: ministry Global Times 15 Aug 2020 -- China's Ministry of Education (MOE) and National Health Commission (NHC) jointly issued a notice on Thursday to scientifically guide colleges and universities, primary and secondary schools and kindergartens to prevent and control the COVID-19 pandemic in the upcoming school semester, and to aid school administrators in preparing for this fall.
- Four mobile cabin hospitals in Wuhan to function till next March Global Times 15 Aug 2020 -- As the COVID-19 pandemic wanes in China, Wuhan decided to close almost all of its mobile cabin hospitals and resume their original functions with four remaining ones to open till March 2021.
- Air passengers coming to Beijing from Hong Kong will be required to present valid negative COVID-19 test results Global Times 15 Aug 2020 -- According to an important notice from Hong Kong International Airport, from August 17, all passengers from HongKong to Beijing by air are required to show their nucleic acid test results issued by the testing agency of the HKSAR government, and the result must be negative within 7 days.
- Update: Shenzhen rushes to expand COVID-19 testing after 3 workers in grocery store test positive Global Times 15 Aug 2020 -- South China's Shenzhen has activated widespread nucleic acid testing of residents after employees of a grocery store chain tested positive for the coronavirus.
- Beijing's Xinfadi wholesale market reopens as COVID-19 outbreak ebbs People's Daily 15 Aug 2020 -- A fleet of trucks loaded with fresh fruits and vegetables heralded the reopening of Xinfadi, a large wholesale market of fruits, vegetables and meat, Saturday morning after its business was suspended due to a COVID-19 cluster related to the market about two months back.
- China's Dalian reports no new COVID-19 cases for 8th straight day People's Daily 15 Aug 2020 -- Northeast China's Dalian City, where new clusters of COVID-19 infections emerged in July, reported no new confirmed cases for the eighth straight day on Thursday.
- One COVID-19 case reported in southern Chinese city People's Daily 15 Aug 2020 -- A woman in the city of Lufeng, south China's Guangdong Province, has been confirmed as a COVID-19 patient, the provincial health commission said on Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 22 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Aug 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Saturday that it received reports of 22 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Friday, including 14 imported cases and eight locally transmitted ones.
- Beijing reports no new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 15 Aug 2020 -- No new locally transmitted confirmed, asymptomatic or suspected cases of COVID-19 were reported in Beijing on Friday, the municipal health commission said Saturday.
- Wang Yi visits Tibet, says diplomatic front to work with region in safeguarding national security Global Times 15 Aug 2020 -- Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said the diplomatic front will work with people in Tibet to safeguard national security and support Tibet's opening-up as he visited the region on Friday, the Tibet Daily reported on Saturday.
- U.S. condemns Chinese military exercises in Taiwan Strait CNA 15 Aug 2020 -- The United States State Department on Friday said it "strongly objects" to China's attempts to "coerce" Taiwan, one day after the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) announced that it had recently conducted military exercises in the Taiwan Strait.
- China: Diplomatic efforts only solution to Iran nuclear issue IRNA 15 Aug 2020 -- Permanent Representative of China to the United Nations (UN) Zhang Jun reacted to the failure of US anti-Iran resolution in the Security Council (UNSC), stressing that diplomatic efforts are the only solution to Iran nuclear issue.
- Chinese envoy asks U.S. to change course over Iran nuclear issue People's Daily 15 Aug 2020 -- China's UN Ambassador Zhang Jun on Friday asked the United States to change course over the Iran nuclear issue and return to the right track of multilateralism.
- Hong Kongers granted residency in Taiwan jump 116% CNA 15 Aug 2020 -- The number of Hong Kong residents awarded residency in Taiwan during the first six months of this year totaled 3,161, up 116 percent from the same period of 2019, according to the latest immigration statistics.
- China slams U.S. designation of Confucius Institute U.S. Center People's Daily 15 Aug 2020 -- China said that the U.S. move is borne out of "ideological prejudice and self-interest" and "have brutally interfered with and obstructed normal bilateral cooperation projects".
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list