Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
08 August 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Mainland exports 470 mln USD of anti-epidemic supplies to HK Global Times 08 Aug 2020 -- The Chinese mainland exported 470 million US dollars worth of anti-epidemic supplies to Hong Kong during the first half of the year, up 130 percent year on year, the Ministry of Commerce said Saturday.
- China's first ISO-containerized P2+ mobile lab delivered in Shanghai to combat COVID-19 Global Times 08 Aug 2020 -- China's first ISO-containerized biosafety level 2 plus mobile nucleic acid testing laboratory was officially delivered at Shanghai Pudong Airport on Friday. It can save two hours as samples will not need to be sent to labs downtown, according to the Science and Technology Commission of Shanghai on Friday.
- Chinese mainland makes great efforts to help Hong Kong fight COVID-19 resurgence People's Daily 08 Aug 2020 -- Many sectors and citizens in Hong Kong believe that the support from the Chinese mainland will beyond doubt address the pressing needs of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) regarding the COVID-19 epidemic.
- China's daily COVID-19 nucleic acid testing capacity hits 4.84 million People's Daily 08 Aug 2020 -- China's daily COVID-19 nucleic acid testing capacity hit 4.84 million at the end of July, and 160 million tests have already been done nationwide, said Vice-Minister of the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) Wang Jiangping on Aug. 5.
- India, China to Hold Sixth Round of Corps Commander-Level Talks Sputnik 08 Aug 2020 -- India has been demanding that China restore the status quo along the Ladakh border, where the military forces of the two nations have amassed troops and weaponry since April-May. The corps commanders of India and China have held five talks since June, but failed to agree upon a total disengagement process, despite a consensus.
- N. China's Inner Mongolia reports second plague death in one week, plans to set up Level-III emergency response system Global Times 08 Aug 2020 -- North China's Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region reported one new plague death on Saturday, the second one found in the region within one week. The regional government has announced a plan to build a Level-III emergency prevention system for the plague covering the whole region.
- China Seals Off Villages After Bubonic Plague Deaths VOA 08 Aug 2020 -- China on Saturday sealed off another village in Inner Mongolia after a resident died from bubonic plague, the second lockdown in the region in two days.
- Liaison office director Luo ridicules Trump over latest sanctions Global Times 08 Aug 2020 -- "I don't have any assets abroad. Isn't it a waste of effort to impose sanctions? Of course, I could send $100 to Mr. Trump for him to freeze," said Luo Huining, director of the central government's liaison office in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), in a humorous response on Saturday to US' sanctions imposed on 11 officials from the Chinese mainland and Hong Kong.
- 'Fearless' HK officials oppose 'meaningless' US sanctions Global Times 08 Aug 2020 -- Officials in Hong Kong on Saturday expressed strong opposition to the latest sanctions imposed by the US, stressing they will never be intimidated by such an act of hooliganism, which will have no impact on them.
- Chinese central gov't office strongly condemns so-called US sanctions on officials Global Times 08 Aug 2020 -- The Hong Kong and Macao Affairs Office of China's State Council on Saturday strongly condemned the so-called U.S. sanctions against heads of Chinese central government agencies responsible for Hong Kong affairs and officials of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR).
- Has US violated human rights by releasing HK officials' personal information: Carrie Lam Global Times 08 Aug 2020 -- Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam questioned whether the US has violated human rights by releasing Hong Kong officials' personal information when the US treasury department announced sanctions against the latter.
- NPC reviews report of delayed HK LegCo election, to 'vote on Tuesday' Global Times 08 Aug 2020 -- The Standing Committee of the National People's Congress (NPC) on Saturday reviewed a report from Hong Kong Chief Executive Carrie Lam about the delayed Legislative Council (LegCo) election due to the coronavirus pandemic and the request to make an arrangement to the current term of LegCo to avoid a "vacuum period."
- US sanctions Hong Kong leader; China blasts 'barbarous' move Press TV 08 Aug 2020 -- The US administration has imposed sanctions on Hong Kong's leader and a number of other key officials over a security law that China enacted for the semi-autonomous region in late June.
- Hong Kong Gov't Slams US Sanctions Against Chinese Officials as 'Shameless, Despicable' Sputnik 08 Aug 2020 -- The government of Hong Kong has called the US sanctions against 11 high-ranking officials from mainland China and Hong Kong despicable and shameless, according to the statement on the government website.
- Hong Kong Government Will Consider Response to US Sanctions, Commerce Secretary Says Sputnik 08 Aug 2020 -- The government of Hong Kong will consider taking measures in response to the US sanctions against a number of regional officials, Hong Kong's Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Edward Yau said on Saturday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list