Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
18 July 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China provides medical supplies to Libya to fight COVID-19 People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- The Chinese Embassy in Libya on Friday handed over a batch of medical supplies to the Libyan Embassy in Tunisia to help the northern African country fight the COVID-19 pandemic, the Chinese embassy said in a statement.
- China donates 58 oxygen concentrators for COVID-19 response in South Sudan People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- The Chinese embassy in South Sudan on Friday handed over 58 oxygen concentrators to help tackle the COVID-19 pandemic in the east African country.
- China's Ningxia donates medical supplies to Kyrgyzstan People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- Northwest China's Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region donated 30,000 disposable medical masks to help Kyrgyzstan combat COVID-19, according to local authorities.
- National medical team dispatched to Xinjiang responding to epidemic: China CDC official Global Times 18 Jul 2020 -- The National Health Commission (NHC) dispatched a medical expert team on Saturday to Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region to investigate the epidemic amid a spike of domestic COVID-19 cases, the deputy director general of the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC) told the Global Times.
- UPDATE: Urumqi in Xinjiang vows to conduct mass testing as city fights COVID-19 resurgence Global Times 18 Jul 2020 -- Urumqi, the regional capital of Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, with 3.5 million residents, vows to accelerate nucleic acid testing in the entire city, with local hospitals fully deploying testing capabilities in recent days as reported by media on Saturday.
- Epidemic in Xinjiang's Urumqi 'overall controllable,' residents adapt to 'new normal' Global Times 18 Jul 2020 -- Despite public concerns over Xinjiang's newly reported COVID-19 cases which led to the cancellation of nearly 90 percent of flights from Urumqi on Friday, local residents say they have adapted to the "new normal."
- Xinjiang reports 16 new confirmed domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- Northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region reported 16 new confirmed domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases on Friday, the regional health commission said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports 22 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Saturday that it received reports of 22 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Friday, of which 16 were domestically transmitted.
- 21 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- The National Health Commission said Saturday that 21 COVID-19 patients were discharged from hospitals after recovery on the Chinese mainland Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 6 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported six new imported COVID-19 cases Friday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 2,004, the National Health Commission said Saturday.
- Beijing lowers COVID-19 risk level of one more area People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- Beijing on Friday saw one more area lower its risk level of the COVID-19 disease after no new confirmed domestically transmitted cases had been reported in the capital for 11 consecutive days.
- Hong Kong reports 58 new COVID-19 cases, mostly local infections People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported 58 additional confirmed cases of COVID-19 on Friday, including 50 local infections.
- Chinese Ambassador Urges UK to Avoid Sending Aircraft Carrier to Asia-Pacific Region Sputnik 18 Jul 2020 -- Chinese Ambassador to London Liu Xiaoming, in an interview with The Times, urged the UK authorities to cancel plans to send the aircraft carrier HMS Queen Elizabeth to the Asia-Pacific region and said that the placement of the ship would be "a very dangerous move."
- China's Y-9 medical aircraft completes maiden mission PLA Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- The Chinese air force's Y-9 medical aircraft has completed its maiden transfer mission this week, according to military sources.
- Chinese Foreign Minister: US has been pursuing its egoism, unilateralism and bullying policy to the extreme Global Times 18 Jul 2020 -- The US' "America First" policy and its egoism, unilateralism and bullying have become extreme, which are not how a big power is supposed to act, Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi said during a phone conversation with Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov on Friday.
- Will there be a war between China and the US? Global Times 18 Jul 2020 -- Toward the end of my dialogue with Qiu Zhenhai, a Phoenix TV commentator, Friday night, in a video chat about the current US crackdown on China, a netizen asked: Will there be a war between China and the US?
- FM refutes US official's groundless accusations about China 'replacing the US' Global Times 18 Jul 2020 -- China has never sought to confront or replace the US as the top power in the world, but has the right to fight back against "malicious slander" and attacks by the US, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said during a regular press conference on Friday.
- Mastery of Constitution and Chinese proficiency should be prerequisites for national security judges: Hong Kong lawyer Global Times 18 Jul 2020 -- A Hong Kong lawyer has refuted the UK Supreme Court's decision, which, according to a Reuters report on Friday, would continue to assess UK judges' positions in the Hong Kong Court of Final Appeal, the city's top court, amid the recent enactment of the national security law for Hong Kong.
- Gross interference in Hong Kong affairs doomed to fail People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- The White House signed the so-called "Hong Kong Autonomy Act" into law on July 14, local time, regardless of the solemn representations from the Chinese side.
- "Forced demolition of mosques" in Xinjiang is totally nonsense: official People's Daily 18 Jul 2020 -- The so-called "forced demolition of mosques" in Xinjiang is totally nonsense, an official of northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region said on Friday.
- Chinese FM slams US accusation of cyber attacks by China to 'steal' US vaccines Global Times 18 Jul 2020 -- China's Foreign Ministry has slammed US accusations that China and Russia launched "cyber attacks" to "steal" US vaccines and COVID-19 treatments, and pointed out that China is a global leader in COVID-19 vaccine research and development.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list