Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
04 July 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Are US Sanctions An Obstacle To China's Domination Of Iran? Radio Farda 04 Jul 2020 -- Beijing's increasing political influence in Tehran during the past five years, and the unusual growth in military cooperation and trade between the two have turned China into the biggest winner of the 2015 nuclear deal with Iran, says Iranian analyst Reza Taghizadeh.
- Influenza virus in pigs not an immediate pandemic threat: CDC Global Times 04 Jul 2020 -- The pig influenza virus bearing the genotype 4 (G4) does not constitute an immediate threat of a pandemic outbreak, according to the latest research by the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Hubei reports two imported cases from Russia, as Chinese Embassy warns of risk of transfer in Moscow Global Times 04 Jul 2020 -- After days of zero new reported cases in Central China's Hubei Province, three asymptomatic COVID-19 infections were reported Friday, including two passengers on board a flight from Russia.
- Over 10 million in Beijing receive COVID-19 tests People's Daily 04 Jul 2020 -- More than 10.41 million residents in Beijing had received nucleic acid tests as of Thursday since the resurgence of domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases, local authorities said on Friday.
- UK Armed Forces to Re-Focus Attention on Chinese Threat Post Pandemic, Reports Say Sputnik 04 Jul 2020 -- The heads of the UK army, navy and air force have held consultations with ministers earlier this week to determine the country's security priorities and concluded that the focus in the post-pandemic world is going to be threats coming from China, the Financial Times newspaper reported on Saturday, quoting officials.
- Chinese military aircraft enters Taiwan's ADIZ CNA 04 Jul 2020 -- A Chinese military aircraft entered Taiwan's southwest air defense identification zone (ADIZ) on Saturday, before being chased off by Taiwanese patrol planes, according to the Air Force Command Headquarters.
- Serbia Shows Drones Purchased From China To Public For First Time RFE/RL 04 Jul 2020 -- Serbia has publicly displayed six new military drones purchased from China for the first time.
- China has wide selection of anti-aircraft carrier weapons at South China Sea: experts Global Times 04 Jul 2020 -- The US is sending two aircraft carriers and other warships to the South China Sea for exercises on Saturday at a time when the Chinese military is also conducting drills in the South China Sea's Xisha Islands.
- Public Security Ministry vows to support office for safeguarding national security in HK Global Times 04 Jul 2020 -- The Chinese Ministry of Public Security on Saturday vowed to fully support the central government's office for safeguarding national security in Hong Kong and the Hong Kong police force's operations to protect the nation's sovereignty, security and development interests.
- National security legislation solid underpinning for rights, freedoms of Hong Kong residents People's Daily 04 Jul 2020 -- The Law of the People's Republic of China on Safeguarding National Security in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) was passed unanimously by the Standing Committee of the 13th National People's Congress (NPC), China's top legislature, on June 30.
- China firmly opposes Pompeo's Xinjiang-related accusations: spokesperson People's Daily 04 Jul 2020 -- China urged the U.S. to stop using Xinjiang as a pretext to disrupt normal cooperation between Chinese and American companies.
- Chinese ambassador shares "1 to 9" facts on national security law for Hong Kong PLA Daily 04 Jul 2020 -- Chinese Ambassador to the United States Cui Tiankai on Friday shared basic facts and his viewpoints on the newly enacted national security law for Hong Kong through a video message by using the numbers "1 to 9."
- Canada's comments on HKSAR national security law interferes in China's internal affairs: Chinese embassy People's Daily 04 Jul 2020 -- "We urge the Canadian side to view the National Security Law in a fair, objective manner, immediately stop interfering in Hong Kong affairs and China's domestic affairs in any way," a spokesperson of the Chinese embassy in Canada said.
- China slams Canada over criticism of Hong Kong security legislation Press TV 04 Jul 2020 -- China has lambasted Canada for criticizing a new national security law for Hong Kong, the second rebuke in a week that has further worsened the already tense relations between Beijing and Ottawa.
- Canada Suspends Extradition Treaty with Hong Kong VOA 04 Jul 2020 -- Canada suspended its extradition treaty with Hong Kong Friday after local authorities moved swiftly to implement China's new security law in the territory.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list