27 June 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- US Spending Report Sheds Light on China's Global Propaganda Campaign VOA 27 Jun 2020 -- This month China reported to the U.S. Department of Justice that one of its English language publications has paid $19 million to U.S. media since November 2016, including $12 million in payments to major U.S. newspapers like The Washington Post and The Wall Street Journal.
- US court's espionage ruling unfair: Chinese prof's family Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- The family of Zhang Hao, a Chinese professor from Tianjin University arrested in May 2015 by the US and charged with economic espionage, said the US justice system is unfair, after a federal judge convicted Zhang of economic espionage on Friday.
- Chinese Professor Convicted of Stealing Trade Secrets for China VOA 27 Jun 2020 -- A U.S. judge found a Chinese professor guilty of economic espionage, stealing trade secrets and conspiracy following a four-day trial that ended Friday.
- US Highlights Uyghur Detention Camps in International Torture Victim Message Radio Free Asia 26 Jun 2020 -- The United States highlighted the detention of Uyghurs and other Muslim minorities in China in remarks honoring worldwide victims of torture Friday, as Uyghur and Tibetan rights groups called on the international community to hold Beijing accountable for its abuses of human rights.
- HK school head proposes separate course for HK nat'l security law Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- The education authority in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) plans to introduce the national security law for Hong Kong to students through courses to enhance patriotism and correct the "wrong thoughts" of young people.
- National security law to be introduced to students: HK education chief Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- The national security law for Hong Kong will be introduced to local students through courses, Hong Kong Secretary for Education Kevin Yeung Yun-hung told media on Friday.
- China urges US to withdraw decision to impose visa restrictions over Hong Kong Global Times 27 Jun 2020 -- China on Saturday expressed strong opposition to the US' wrongful decision to impose visa restrictions on Chinese officials over Hong Kong-related issues, and vowed to continue taking strong measures to uphold national security.
- Washington's Hong Kong bill slammed People's Daily 27 Jun 2020 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region government on Friday expressed strong opposition to the passage of the Hong Kong Autonomy Act by the United States Senate.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|