Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 June 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Western Attitudes Harden Toward Beijing, Poll Finds VOA 25 Jun 2020 -- Western attitudes have hardened toward Beijing amid the coronavirus pandemic, with a majority of Britons, Americans and French viewing China as a malign force in the world, according to a new poll.
- Canada's Trudeau Rejects Pressure to Release Chinese Executive VOA 25 Jun 2020 -- Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is refusing to release Chinese high-tech executive Meng Wanzhou in exchange for two high-profile Canadians under arrest in Beijing.
- Beijing vows to further expand scope of COVID-19 nucleic acid testing Global Times 25 Jun 2020 -- Beijing has vowed to further expand its scope of nucleic acid testing for the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in the fight against the second wave of the virus, local government said on Wednesday.
- Beijing's food market COVID-19 spread "basically controlled" People's Daily 25 Jun 2020 -- Beijing's recent COVID-19 infections related to the Xinfadi food market is "basically under control," a municipal official said on Wednesday.
- China's Hebei reports 1 new confirmed COVID-19 case People's Daily 25 Jun 2020 -- North China's Hebei Province reported one new confirmed domestically transmitted COVID-19 case on Wednesday, the provincial health commission said Thursday.
- China's daily nucleic acid testing capacity tops 3 mln: official People's Daily 25 Jun 2020 -- China currently can offer 3.78 million nucleic acid tests for COVID-19 every day, a 200-percent increase from March, a health official said Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 5 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 25 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported five new imported COVID-19 cases Wednesday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,893, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 19 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 25 Jun 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Thursday that it received reports of 19 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Wednesday, of whom 14 were domestically transmitted and five were imported.
- China's inactivated COVID-19 vaccine starts phase-3 clinical trial internationally People's Daily 25 Jun 2020 -- China's inactivated COVID-19 vaccine candidate has started its phase-3 clinical trial globally in the United Arab Emirates, according to the vaccine developer China National Biotec Group (CNBG).
- China, India Open New Front of Escalation With Deployment of Heavy Vehicles, Troops in Depsang Sputnik 25 Jun 2020 -- The Indian Army on Tuesday announced that it had reached a consensus with the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) to disengage from the Galwan Valley and Pangong Tso. Army sources said that the disengagement process started on Wednesday evening.
- India, China Swear Upon Past Agreements, New Confidence-Building Measures to Break Stand-off Sputnik 25 Jun 2020 -- India and China have been in a border stand-off along the 4,057km long Line of Actual Control since the last week of April. The tensions between the neighbours escalated last week when 20 Indian soldiers were killed in a violent face-off between the Indian Army and PLA.
- Iran Assigns Large Steel Project To Chinese Company Without Holding Tender Radio Farda 25 Jun 2020 -- Iran's state-owned Esfahan's Mobarakeh Steel Company has assigned a large steel project to China's Xian Heavy Equipment & Technology without holding a tender, Sharq newspaper reported on Thursday.
- Chinese military conducts high-altitude training: spokesperson PLA Daily 25 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army Tibet Military Command recently held an exercise in a high-elevation region, a spokesperson said Wednesday.
- Chinese military steps up training under regular epidemic control PLA Daily 25 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese military has stepped up training under regular epidemic prevention and control measures, a military spokesperson said Wednesday.
- Trump administration: Huawei, 19 other firms in US backed by Chinese military Press TV 25 Jun 2020 -- The administration of US President Donald Trump claims that 20 top Chinese firms operating in the United States are either owned or backed by the Chinese military, a report says.
- New US blacklist targeting Chinese firms is insane and ignorant: experts Global Times 25 Jun 2020 -- The US is reportedly cooking up a new list targeting 20 companies with accusations that they are backed by the Chinese military. As insane and ignorant as this is, this groundless move will foolishly damage American commerce and industry, Chinese experts said.
- US National Security Adviser Calls for Tougher Stance Against China VOA 25 Jun 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump's national security adviser says China is trying to "remake the world' in its image.
- Pompeo: US, EU Should Confront China Together VOA 25 Jun 2020 -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has called on the United States and the European Union to cultivate a shared understanding of China in order to create an effective resistance strategy to Beijing's increasing economic power.
- HKSAR gov't to fulfill obligations after enactment of national security legislation: official People's Daily 25 Jun 2020 -- China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government will fulfill its obligations after the law on safeguarding national security in the HKSAR is enacted, John Lee Ka-chiu, the HKSAR government's secretary for security, said on Wednesday.
- Police Arrest Protesters in Hong Kong Amid Growing Fears Over New Law Radio Free Asia 25 Jun 2020 -- Police in Hong Kong on Thursday arrested 14 people after a protest in a shopping mall in the city, where China is getting ready to impose a draconian new subversion law.
- US Senate Approves Sanctions Against Chinese Officials Over Hong Kong Security Law Sputnik 25 Jun 2020 -- The Hong Kong security bill has sparked criticism from a number of countries and triggered massive protests in the autonomous city. The legislation, which bans secessionist activities, among other things, is regarded by residents of Hong Kong as undermining their liberties.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list