Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
07 June 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China issues white paper on fighting COVID-19 Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- China on Sunday published a white paper outlining its detailed steps and measures in fighting the COVID-19 epidemic, which demonstrates to the world how China won the arduous fight.
- Xi personally promotes int'l cooperation on COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has personally promoted international cooperation in fighting COVID-19, said a white paper released Sunday by the State Council Information Office.
- Highlights from white paper on China's fight against COVID-19 People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China on Sunday issued a white paper on the country's battle against COVID-19. The white paper, titled "Fighting COVID-19: China in Action," was issued by the State Council Information Office.
- China publishes white paper on fight against COVID-19 PLA Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China on Sunday issued a white paper on the country's battle against COVID-19.
- Xi's instructions on Wuhan lockdown lay cornerstone of China's victory against COVID-19 Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- All COVID-19 patients who were discharged from hospital in Wuhan, once the hardest-hit city, have now completed city-wide nucleic acid tests which only found a few asymptomatic patients, signaling that life is returning to normal after nearly five months of the arduous battle against the virus. The good news from Wuhan serves as ironclad evidence that the far-sighted decision to seal off Wuhan and Hubei Province laid the cornerstone of China's victory in the nationwide COVID-19 battle.
- 1.4 billion people 'formidable force' fighting coronavirus Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- People may get various answers if they want to find out who helped China walk out of the COVID-19 predicament. The answers may include frontline doctors risking great danger to save lives; government departments which made detailed and effective viral prevention measures, scientists racing against time looking deep into the virus... The real answer is: 1.4 billion Chinese people, who all fought like great warriors and contributed their fair share in this arduous battle.
- Hainan reports one COVID-19 patient who traveled from Hubei in tour group Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- The city of Sanya in South China Hainan Province reported one confirmed COVID-19 case on Sunday who travelled from Wuhan, Central China's Hubei Province, as part of a tour group on Friday.
- China's top expert team confirmed human-to-human transmission of COVID-19 on midnight Jan. 19: white paper Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- An official document on Sunday revealed for the first time that researchers from a high-level expert team organized by China's top national health body confirmed that the coronavirus was transmissible among humans at midnight on January 19, just hours before they notified the public, and less than a month before the experts were alerted by the newly-discovered disease.
- China clear of high-risk COVID-19 response level regions after Fengman adjusts to low Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- China on Sunday was clear of high-risk regions nationwide after Fengman district of Northeast China's Jilin Province adjusted its COVID-19 response level to low.
- Phase I clinical trial for antibody COVID-19 treatment underway People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Chinese scientists have launched a phase I clinical trial for the world's first neutralizing antibody treatment against COVID-19, which has showed great promise in arresting the growth of novel coronavirus in animal testing, but efficacy in humans remains to be seen.
- No delay, cover-up in China's response to COVID-19: officials People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- There is no delay or cover-up in the Chinese government's response to the COVID-19 outbreak, Chinese officials said Sunday.
- Closing outbound traffic from Wuhan crucial to stemming virus spread: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- A Chinese government white paper described closing outbound traffic from the city of Wuhan in January as a crucial step to stem the spread of the virus in its COVID-19 fight.
- Some 4 mln Chinese community workers guard against COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- During China's fight against COVID-19, some 4 million Chinese community workers were working in around 650,000 urban and rural communities to guard against the disease, according to a white paper released Sunday by China's State Council Information Office.
- China endeavors to minimize COVID-19 impact on social, economic development: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China has endeavored to minimize the impact of COVID-19 on social and economic development without compromising epidemic control, said a white paper released Sunday by the State Council Information Office.
- China informs public right after COVID-19 human-to-human spread determined: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China informed the public right after health experts determined that the new coronavirus was spreading between humans, according to a white paper issued by the State Council Information Office Sunday.
- China saves lives at all costs in fighting COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- A white paper on China's fight against COVID-19 said the country made an all-out effort to treat patients and save lives.
- China takes most thorough, rigorous, comprehensive measures against COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China has adopted the most thorough, rigorous and comprehensive prevention and control measures against COVID-19, said a white paper on the country's fight against the epidemic.
- China contains COVID-19 rising spread in about 1 month: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China has responded swiftly to the COVID-19 public health emergency, said a white paper released on Sunday, adding that the rising spread of the virus was contained in little more than a single month.
- Over 3,000 COVID-19 patients aged above 80 cured in China's Hubei: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- More than 3,000 COVID-19 patients over the age of 80, including seven centenarians, have been cured in Hubei, the Chinese province once hardest hit by COVID-19, said a white paper released Sunday by China's State Council Information Office.
- Millions of Chinese medical workers battle COVID-19 at front line: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Millions of Chinese medical workers grappled with the COVID-19 epidemic at the front line across the country, said a white paper released Sunday by China's State Council Information Office.
- China establishes strict, efficient COVID-19 information release system: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- China has established a strict, professional and efficient system of COVID-19 information release amid its all-out effort to contain the epidemic, said a white paper on the country's fight against COVID-19.
- China's Hubei reports no new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- No new confirmed COVID-19 cases or suspected cases were reported in central China's Hubei Province on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 5 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported five new imported COVID-19 cases Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,776, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Temporary treatment centers a major innovative solution in China's fight against COVID-19: white paper People's Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Temporary treatment centers, or Fangcang shelter hospitals, are a major innovative solution that turns the tide in the battle against COVID-19 in China, said a white paper released Sunday by China's State Council Information Office.
- Xi takes charge of China's COVID-19 response: white paper PLA Daily 07 Jun 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping has attached high importance to COVID-19 prevention and control and assumed full command over the control efforts from the very beginning, said a white paper released by the State Council Information Office on Sunday.
- India and China to 'Peacefully' Resolve Border Row, India says VOA 07 Jun 2020 -- India and China will resolve a dispute on their contested borders "peacefully" the Indian External Affairs Ministry said Sunday, a day after military commanders from the two countries met to find a solution to their monthlong standoff in the Himalayas.
- New Delhi, Beijing Agree to Peacefully Resolve Border Dispute - Indian Foreign Ministry Sputnik 07 Jun 2020 -- India and China have agreed during bilateral talks between army commanders to peacefully settle tensions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), the Indian Ministry of External Affairs said in a press release on Sunday.
- PLA conducts maneuvers in high-altitude NW China amid border tensions with India Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) has organized a large-scale maneuver operation featuring thousands of paratroopers plus armored vehicles to the country's high-altitude northwestern region over a long distance from Central China's Hubei Province amid border tensions between China and India.
- Calls for 'referendum' lack legal basis in HK, a move to use students for political aims: HK govt Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Sunday strongly slammed certain organizations for calling for a "referendum" on a strike and class boycott among local residents and students as a way to oppose a decision for the national security legislation in the city.
- Liaison office of Chinese central gov't in HKSAR holds symposium on national security legislation Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- Speaking at the symposium attended by a total of 21 HKSAR deputies to the National People's Congress (NPC) and members of the National Committee of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), Director of the LOCPG in the HKSAR Luo Huining said establishing and improving the legal system and enforcement mechanisms for the HKSAR to safeguard national security at the state level follows the principles of firmly safeguarding national security, upholding and improving the "one country, two systems" framework, adhering to governing Hong Kong in accordance with the law, resolutely opposing foreign interference and ensuring the legitimate rights and interests of Hong Kong residents.
- Hong Kong will remain financial hub attractive to capital, investors Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Financial Secretary Paul Chan Mo-po said Sunday he is confident and optimistic that Hong Kong will remain an international financial center, after Chief Executive Carrie Lam expressed confidence Saturday.
- Japan refuses to join US, others in condemning China's Hong Kong law: Sources Press TV 07 Jun 2020 -- Japan has reportedly decided not to join the United States, the United Kingdom and some other countries in "condemning" China over a recently-passed law to safeguard national security in Hong Kong, the semi-autonomous Chinese territory.
- Pompeo Says China's Actions With Regard to Hong Kong Compare to Those of Nazi Germany Sputnik 07 Jun 2020 -- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has compared China's policy with regard to Hong Kong to the actions of Nazi Germany during World War II.
- China suspends debt repayment for 77 developing nations, regions Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- China has announced the suspension of debt repayment for 77 developing countries and regions as the nation is working with other G20 members to carry out the G20 debt relief initiative for low-income countries, Chinese officials said at a press briefing at the State Council Information Office on Sunday.
- China's travel warning a result of Australian animosity, rocky bilateral ties Global Times 07 Jun 2020 -- China's official warning against travel to Australia is reasonable given abundant evidence of the latter's racist acts targeting Chinese and other Asians, which have risen in the wake of the coronavirus pandemic and rocky bilateral relations, Chinese analysts said on Sunday, noting that Australia should have considered the costs when introducing anti-China policies earlier.
- Australia, China Clash Over COVID-19 Racism Claims VOA 07 Jun 2020 -- Australia is disputing Chinese government advice given to Chinese citizens urging them not to travel to Australia because of what Beijing calls a surge in racism during the coronavirus pandemic. The Chinese Ministry of Culture and Tourism issued the warning, insisting there was a "significant increase" in racist attacks on "Chinese and Asian people" in Australia.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list