Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
06 June 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China begins phase 1 clinical trials of neutralizing antibody treatment for COVID-19 Global Times 06 Jun 2020 -- The Institute of Microbiology at the Chinese Academy of Sciences announced on Saturday that its application for fully human monoclonal antibody clinical trials for COVID-19 has been approved by the National Medical Products Administration, marking China's domestically produced COVID-19 antibody medicine entering into a clinical evaluation phase.
- Beijing lowers COVID-19 emergency response to third level People's Daily 06 Jun 2020 -- Beijing will lower its emergency response to the novel coronavirus epidemic from the second level to the third level starting from Saturday, a local official announced on Friday.
- China-India border meeting injects hopes to ease tension; 'bottom line' with India non-negotiable: experts Global Times 06 Jun 2020 -- A meeting between Chinese and Indian military officials, led by top tactical army commanders, according to Indian media, is scheduled on Saturday. The meeting between the top echelons injects hopes to ease the ongoing border tensions that have been dominating the spotlight.
- INDIA-CHINA BORDER SITUATION India PIB 06 Jun 2020 -- Indian and Chinese officials continue to remain engaged through the established military and diplomatic channels to address the current situation in the India-China border areas.
- Indian Army Says It Maintains Contact With China Over Tensions Along Disputed Border Sputnik 06 Jun 2020 -- India and China continue to remain engaged through military and diplomatic channels to address the existing bilateral tensions at the disputed border, the Indian military said in a statement as the two sides began high-level talks to settle their disagreements.
- China, Serbia sign memorandum on space technology PLA Daily 06 Jun 2020 -- China and Serbia on Friday signed a memorandum on space technology which aims, among other things, to put the Serbian national flag on co-designed spacecraft in the future.
- China Would Lose 95% of Ballistic, Cruise Capability If It Signed US Nuclear Pact, Research Shows Sputnik 06 Jun 2020 -- In its justification for binning the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty (INF) last year, and its sluggish response to Russian proposals to renew the New Strategic Arms Reduction Treaty (New START), the Trump administration has repeatedly demanded that China be made a party to any new nuclear arms control treaty.
- Chinese Nationals Slammed with Prison Sentences for Photos of Restricted Areas at Florida Naval Base Sputnik 06 Jun 2020 -- The trespassing incidents involving the Chinese nationals took place shortly after two Chinese Embassy officials were reported by The New York Times to have been "secretly expelled" by the US in December 2019 after breaching a "sensitive" military base near Norfolk, Virginia.
- On the Chinese Communist Party's Obscene Propaganda US Dept. of State 06 Jun 2020 -- "The Chinese Communist Party's callous exploitation of the tragic death of George Floyd to justify its authoritarian denial of basic human dignity exposes its true colors yet again. As with dictatorships throughout history, no lie is too obscene, so long as it serves the Party's lust for power. This laughable propaganda should not fool anyone."
- China opposes United States adding Chinese entities to export control list: spokesperson Global Times 06 Jun 2020 -- China is firmly opposed to the United States adding 33 Chinese entities to its "entity list" of export controls, a Ministry of Commerce spokesperson said Friday.
- Multiple dimensions to gauge China-US relations Global Times 06 Jun 2020
- Australia could lose all Chinese tourists post-COVID-19 this year if safety issue not addressed: industrial insider Global Times 06 Jun 2020 -- China could issue more security alerts warning its citizens not to travel to Australia, the biggest tourism spenders for the latter, that could lead to zero Chinese visitors in 2020 even after the COVID-19 pandemic, if discriminatory rhetoric and safety issues for Chinese tourists are not addressed, Chinese industrial insiders warned on Saturday.
- Decision on HK national security legislation to be resolutely implemented: liaison office Global Times 06 Jun 2020 -- The adopted decision to make the Hong Kong national security law will be resolutely implemented and the legislation will target only an extremely tiny number of acts and activities that severely endanger the country's national security, and protects the legitimate rights and freedom of ordinary Hong Kong residents, according to Luo Huining, director of the Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in the Hong Kong Special Administration Region (SAR) on Saturday.
- Keeping HK's business, financial center status benefits US, and all Global Times 06 Jun 2020 -- Whatever the kind of geopolitical rivalry that the two powers, the US and China, are now engaging themselves in, the distinctive place of Hong Kong as a cultural and economic bridge between the East and West should be preserved and prolonged, which is widely believed to not only benefit the city itself but also the whole Asia-Pacific region, including the interests of the US.
- China Urges UK to Abandon 'Colonial' Thinking, Warns of 'Consequences' Over Hong Kong Statements Sputnik 06 Jun 2020 -- China's foreign ministry earlier warned the UK of consequences over its alleged "gross interference" and "irresponsible remarks" in connection with Hong Kong affairs and China's domestic issues.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list