Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 May 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Chinese military voices opposition to U.S. report on China People's Daily 30 May 2020 -- A spokesperson of China's Ministry of National Defense on Friday criticized a report recently released by the White House on its strategic approach to China.
- China's Jilin reports no new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 May 2020 -- No new confirmed COVID-19 cases and asymptomatic cases were reported in northeast China's Jilin Province on Friday, the provincial health commission said Saturday.
- China's Hubei reports no new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 May 2020 -- No new confirmed COVID-19 cases were reported in central China's Hubei Province on Friday, the provincial health commission said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland reports no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 May 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Saturday that no new domestically transmitted COVID-19 cases were reported on the Chinese mainland on Friday.
- PLA works with foreign defense departments, militaries to battle pandemic: spokesperson PLA Daily 30 May 2020 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) has been jointly fighting COVID-19 with defense departments and militaries of multiple countries as the coronavirus continues to spread globally, a spokesperson of China's Ministry of National Defense said Friday.
- China Reports 4 COVID-19 New Infections SPA 30 May 2020 -- China today recorded four new confirmed cases of the COVID-19, all of them infected outside the country, without reporting new deaths.
- Bosniak-Croat Federation PM Detained Over Deal To Buy Respirators From China RFE/RL 30 May 2020 -- The prime minister of Bosnia's autonomous Bosniak-Croat Federation has been questioned in a potential corruption case involving the purchase of 100 respirators from China for coronavirus patients.
- Taiwan authorities harbor terrorists by calling for refuge to HK rioters Global Times 30 May 2020 -- After the National People's Congress passed the national security legislation in Hong Kong, the Taiwan authority's legislative department issued a "declaration" attacking the decision, claiming to "rescue Hong Kong people" and promote relevant "legislation" and administrative measures.
- Chinese army capable to thwart any separatist acts: senior military officer Global Times 30 May 2020 -- The people's army has the will, confidence, and capability to thwart any attempt of "#Taiwan independence," reaffirmed a senior Chinese military official at a symposium on Friday, marking the 15th anniversary of the implementation of the Anti-Secession Law.
- Warning sent to Taiwan's secessionists PLA Daily 30 May 2020 -- The mainland sent a strong warning to Taiwan secessionist forces on Friday, reiterating that non-peaceful means could be the last resort if the possibility of peaceful reunification is completely lost.
- China launches two new technology experiment satellites PLA Daily 30 May 2020 -- China sent two satellites into planned orbit from the Xichang Satellite Launch Center in southwest China's Sichuan Province Saturday.
- China's first domestically-built aircraft carrier conducting sea trials, training as planned: spokesperson People's Daily 30 May 2020 -- China's first domestically-built aircraft carrier, the Shandong, is conducting sea trials and training as planned, a spokesperson for the Ministry of National Defense said Friday.
- Remarks by President Trump on Actions Against China The White House 30 May 2020
- Chinese Grad Students Banned by Trump Order VOA 30 May 2020 -- Saying China uses grad students and researchers to illegally acquire intellectual property from the United States, President Donald Trump issued an executive order suspending their entry into the country.
- Ministry of Public Security to guide HKPF to end violence Global Times 30 May 2020 -- Step by step, China's top legislature is accelerating the formulation of the highly anticipated national security law for Hong Kong, with more details emerging for the first time on how state-level authorities could coordinate with local authorities in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (SAR) in preventing, ending and punishing acts endangering national security, after the Ministry of Public Security vowed to give relevant instructions to Hong Kong police. By going forward with relevant laws, the country delivered a clear message to countries that have been trying to pressure Beijing over the law: any attempt to stop China from defending its sovereignty is doomed to fail, observers said.
- HK prepared for US moves after national security law: HK finance secretary Global Times 30 May 2020 -- Hong Kong has made long-term preparations for possible countermeasures launched by the US government on sectors including trade, finance and technology in response to the upcoming national security law for the special administrative region (SAR), Hong Kong's finance secretary told the Global Times on Friday. The city has the confidence as well as the strength to defend its own business and financial stability from external risks and pressure, and is boosted by mainland support.
- China blasts US for seeking UN meeting on national security legislation for Hong Kong Global Times 30 May 2020 -- China on Friday slammed the United States for demanding a video conference by the UN Security Council on national security legislation for the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), calling the U.S. demand "utter nonsense" and urging Washington to "immediately stop the meaningless political maneuvers."
- HK govt rejects US statements as completely false Global Times 30 May 2020 -- In response to the statement by President Trump on May 29 afternoon (about 3am, May 30, Hong Kong time) and comments by the United States (US) State Department over the last two days, a Government spokesman today (May 30) said:
- DPRK fully supports China's decision on national security legislation for Hong Kong Global Times 30 May 2020 -- The Foreign Ministry of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) has said that it fully supports China's decision on national security legislation for Hong Kong, the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) reported Saturday.
- Britain may offer 'path to citizenship' to 2.9m Hong Kong residents Press TV 30 May 2020 -- British officials have announced plans to offer extensive visa rights and a pathway to citizenship to nearly 3 million people in Britain's former colony of Hong Kong in reaction to a national security law approved by the Chinese city's legislative council.
- Chinese UN envoy urges U.S., Britain to immediately stop interfering in Hong Kong affairs People's Daily 30 May 2020 -- Zhang Jun, China's permanent representative to the United Nations, on Friday urged the United States and the United Kingdom (UK) to immediately stop interfering in Hong Kong affairs, immediately stop practices of hegemonism and power politics, and mind their own business, rather than provoking tensions and making troubles everywhere.
- Xi stresses significance of Civil Code, better protecting people's legitimate rights, interests PLA Daily 30 May 2020 -- Xi Jinping, general secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, has emphasized the full recognition of the significance of the promulgation and implementation of the country's newly adopted Civil Code and better protection of the people's legitimate rights and interests in accordance with law.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list