Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
10 May 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China donates more medical supplies to Philippines to help fight COVID-19 Global Times 10 May 2020 -- China is donating more medical equipment and supplies to help the Philippines contain the spread of COVID-19 and speed up the country's recovery from the highly infectious disease.
- WHO rebuts German reports of China-WHO withholding COVID-19 info Global Times 10 May 2020 -- The World Health Organization (WHO) on Sunday refuted a report from media outlet Der Spiegel regarding the details of information-sharing on COVID-19 between China and the organization, slashing false reports that distract global efforts in fighting the pandemic as the report also contradicted the official timeline of the epidemic response that the Chinese government had earlier released.
- China refutes 'two dozen lies' by US politicians over COVID-19 pandemic Press TV 10 May 2020 -- China's Ministry of Foreign Affairs in an article has strongly refuted two dozen "preposterous allegations" and "false claims" by some leading US politicians over its handling of the new coronavirus outbreak.
- Commentary: China boosts national pride in coronavirus fight, but not to export "Chinese model" People's Daily 10 May 2020 -- The fact that China is winning its war against COVID-19 is undeniable, even though some Western politicians are still smearing China for their own political interests.
- City in Jilin declares martial law over COVID-19 Global Times 10 May 2020 -- A city in Northeast China's Jilin Province has imposed martial law in its fight against COVID-19 after an infected laundrywoman spread the virus to 11 others, unsettling locals as it was just recovering from the epidemic.
- China's Jilin reports 11 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 May 2020 -- Northeast China's Jilin Province reported 11 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on Saturday, local health authorities said Sunday.
- What has the Wuhan virus lab done since December? Global Times 10 May 2020 -- Amid rumors circulating on the internet that the novel coronavirus leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology or that it was man-made, lab researchers outlined what the lab has done since December and its work on the frontline of epidemic prevention and control.
- Wuhan district ups response after first infection in 36 days Global Times 10 May 2020 -- The city of Wuhan in Central China's Hubei Province reported one COVID-19 case on Saturday, the first new case in the city since April 4 before Wuhan lifted its lockdown. Dongxihu district, where the patient lives, raised its epidemic-response level to the middle on Sunday.
- Heilongjiang man confirmed with COVID-19 after testing negative seven times Global Times 10 May 2020 -- Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province on Saturday reported one new confirmed case, when a 70-year-old man who tested negative for COVID-19 seven times under isolation turned to be positive.
- 74 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland Global Times 10 May 2020 -- A total of 74 patients of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from hospitals Saturday after recovery on the Chinese mainland, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- China's Hubei reports 1 newly confirmed case of COVID-19 People's Daily 10 May 2020 -- One new confirmed case of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) was reported in central China's Hubei Province on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- China's Hubei reports 1 new confirmed COVID-19 case People's Daily 10 May 2020 -- One new confirmed case of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) was reported in central China's Hubei Province on Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 May 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported two new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,683, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 14 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 May 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Sunday that it received report of 14 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Saturday, of which two were imported cases reported in Shanghai.
- Factbox: China's fight against novel coronavirus outbreak People's Daily 10 May 2020 -- Here are the latest developments on COVID-19 in China:
- China reports 1st coronavirus case in Wuhan since April 3 among 14 new infections SPA 10 May 2020 -- China's National Health Commission reported 14 new confirmed coronavirus cases on May 9, the highest number since April 28, including the first for more than a month in the city of Wuhan where the outbreak was first detected late last year, according to Reuters.
- Indian, Chinese Troops Come to Blows in Ladakh, Injuries Reported Sputnik 10 May 2020 -- On Saturday, as many as 11 soldiers - four Indian and seven Chinese - were injured after a tense face-off near the Naku La sector (ahead of Muguthang Valley), a pass at a height of over 5,000 metres in the Sikkim sector. As per officials, the two Asian giants share a 2,400-mile long demarcated border.
- Newspaper Report: Indian, Chinese Troops Square off on Sikkim Border VOA 10 May 2020 -- A report published on an Indian newspaper's website says Indian and Chinese soldiers "exchanged blows" Saturday in North Sikkim, along India and China's border.
- US Navy warns China against 'bullying' others in S China Sea amid rising tensions Press TV 10 May 2020 -- The US Navy has warned China to stop "bullying" foreign ships in the South China Sea as two American warships sailed into the midst of a dispute in the contested waterway near Chinese territorial waters.
- "Taiwan independence" secessionists' recent attempts are extremely dangerous: spokesperson People's Daily 10 May 2020 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson on Saturday issued a stern warning to "Taiwan independence" secessionists against their recent attempts to challenge the mainland's bottom line.
- First homemade airdrop-capable wheeled armored vehicle enters military service Global Times 10 May 2020 -- China's first batch of homemade airdrop-capable four-wheeled armored vehicles have entered service, which will boost the all-terrain mobilization capacity of the People's Liberation Army (PLA) Air Force and provide paratroopers enhanced firepower, mobility and protection.
- China-US war unlikely despite rising hostility Global Times 10 May 2020 -- The failed handling of the COVID-19 outbreak in the US has fueled Washington's hostility toward China and escalated concern that worsening bilateral ties might lead to a China-US war, prompting Chinese experts to assert that Beijing has sufficient nuclear capacity to assure mutually assured destruction (MAD) and create deterrence to reduce the risks of any direct conflict.
- COVID-19 pushes US-China relations to lowest point in decades Press TV 10 May 2020 -- The coronavirus threatens to further send the already strained relations between the US and China on a rapid downward slide, at a time when cooperation between the world's two largest economies is key to combat the pandemic and salvage the global economy.
- Deputies, support staff get ready for two sessions Global Times 10 May 2020 -- Preparations for the upcoming annual two sessions kicked off across China amid the COVID-19 epidemic as the Beijing traffic management authority conducted a thorough inspection of dozens of taxis that will serve the two sessions in late May.
- Hong Kong: Small Protests Renew Calls for Autonomy VOA 10 May 2020 -- Police pursued pro-democracy protesters in shopping malls in Hong Kong Sunday, after permission for a Mother's Day march was denied.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list