Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
03 May 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Washington bashes Beijing again with Wuhan lab claims Press TV 03 May 2020 -- The US administration has once again pointed the finger of blame at China over the new coronavirus outbreak, claiming that the flu-like pathogen originated in a medical laboratory in the Chinese city of Wuhan.
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo With Martha Raddatz of ABC's This Week with George Stephanopoulos US Dept. of State 03 May 2020
- Chinese expert team wraps up Malaysia visit, pledges more cooperation in fighting COVID-19 People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- A medical consultant expert team sent by the Chinese government wrapped up their two-week working visit to Malaysia on Sunday, during which they shared Chinese experiences in fighting the COVID-19 pandemic in a gesture of solidarity and friendship between the two countries.
- China steps up support for Djibouti, Cote d'Ivoire to fight COVID-19: official Global Times 03 May 2020 -- China is stepping up support for Djibouti and Cote d'Ivoire to fight the COVID-19 pandemic by sending medical experts, supplies and Chinese traditional medicines, in a move that will further boost China-Africa relations, Chinese officials and experts said on Sunday.
- Chinese-donated medical supplies arrive in Cuba after delay due to US sanctions Global Times 03 May 2020 -- Medical supplies to fight COVID-19 donated by Chinese alumni who once studied in Cuba have arrived in the country with love and gratitude, after breaking through transportation restrictions amid US sanctions against the island nation, Chinese donors said on Sunday.
- Chinese medical experts complete mission in Saudi Arabia, Kuwait People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- Chinese medical experts returned to China Saturday after completing their mission to help fight against the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait.
- Plane carrying 56 tons of sanitary material from China arrives in Madrid Global Times 03 May 2020 -- A Boeing 777 plane carrying 56 tons of sanitary material from China for Community of Madrid, one of the 17 autonomous communities of Spain, landed at Madrid-Barajas Airport late on Saturday night, the regional government has informed.
- Pompeo: 'Enormous Evidence' Coronavirus Originated in Chinese Lab VOA 03 May 2020 -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday there is "enormous evidence" that the coronavirus pandemic originated in a laboratory in Wuhan, China, not a nearby market, but declined to say whether the U.S. believes the virus was intentionally released.
- Pompeo Claims There is 'Significant Amount of Evidence' Coronavirus Came from Wuhan Lab Sputnik 03 May 2020 -- Earlier, the US national intelligence director's office said that they agreed with "the wide scientific consensus that the COVID-19 virus was not manmade or genetically modified".
- China's test kit providers call on world to stop smearing Chinese assistance Global Times 03 May 2020 -- Chinese coronavirus test kits are desperately clamored for by many foreign clients, but some unfriendly Western media outlets have chosen to smear and discredit made-in-China products.
- Washington fans anti-China rhetoric to shift responsibility for COVID-19 crisis People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- With COVID-19 cases and deaths mounting daily, the U.S. government has intensified attempts to fan the flames of anti-China rhetoric to divert attention from its direct responsibility for the crisis.
- U.S. practice to claim compensation for COVID-19 outbreak a shame for human civilization People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- Some U.S. politicians are making the COVID-19 pandemic a political show, from repeatedly politicizing the disease and stigmatizing other countries, to the lousy cliché of claiming compensation.
- Nation must stay vigilant against virus People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- Hubei province is lowering its level of response to the novel coronavirus outbreak from the highest level on Saturday, but while this measure is taken by China's hardest-hit area, authorities across the nation were urged to remain vigilant against the disease after loopholes were found in epidemic prevention and control in Heilongjiang province.
- China's Hubei reports no increase in COVID-19 cases for 29 consecutive days People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported in central China's Hubei Province Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- 28 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- A total of 28 patients of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from hospitals Saturday on the Chinese mainland, according to the National Health Commission Sunday.
- Hong Kong reports no new COVID-19 cases, 1,039 in total People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- Hong Kong's Center for Health Protection (CHP) reported no new COVID-19 cases on Saturday, with the total number remaining at 1,039.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Sunday that it received reports of two new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Saturday, including an imported case in Shanghai and an indigenous case in Shanxi Province.
- Chinese mainland reports 1 new confirmed COVID-19 case People's Daily 03 May 2020 -- The Chinese health authority said Saturday that it received reports of one new confirmed COVID-19 case on the Chinese mainland Friday, which was an imported case, marking the lowest increase since Jan. 16.
- Chinese central govt's liaison office in Hong Kong slams foreign lies, interference in internal affairs Global Times 03 May 2020 -- The Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in the Hong Kong Special Administration Region (HKSAR) on Sunday expressed strong condemnation and firm opposition to Western anti-China politicians and the US-based National Democratic Institute of International Affairs over their unscrupulous interference in China 's internal affairs related to Hong Kong, and maliciously discrediting the " one country, two systems" policy.
- Europe 'Naive' About China Amid 'Existential' Crisis Spawned by COVID-19, Claims EU Diplomatic Chief Sputnik 03 May 2020 -- Amid the continuing spread of the COVID-19 pandemic, top European Union diplomat Josep Borrell acknowledged that China had tried to pressure the EU into watering down a coronavirus disinformation report, claiming China's actions were "normal diplomacy"
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list