Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 May 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Harbin suspends dine-in again amid signs of rebounding COVID-19 Global Times 02 May 2020 -- Harbin, Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province, has banned dine-in services at barbeque, hot pot and stew dish restaurants again starting Saturday after earlier easement, amid clustered infections in the city that have made the COVID-19 control situation tense.
- Chinese military medics assist Myanmar military in building COVID-19 testing laboratory PLA Daily 02 May 2020 -- A team of medical personnel from the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) on Thursday provided assistance to Myanmar military in building a laboratory for testing COVID-19.
- Chinese aid for fighting COVID-19 arrives in Slovenia Global Times 02 May 2020 -- A cargo aircraft carrying about 12 tons of medical supplies donated by the Chinese government to Slovenia landed at the Ljubljana Joze Pucnik Airport here on Friday evening.
- Malaysia gains valuable insight on COVID-19 from Chinese expert team: officials Global Times 02 May 2020 -- Malaysia has gained valuable insight on handling the COVID-19 outbreak from the experiences shared by the Chinese medical expert team, Malaysian Health Minister Adham Baba said on Friday.
- Kiribati receives first batch of medical supplies donated by China to help fight COVID-19 Global Times 02 May 2020 -- Kiribati on Friday received the first batch of medical supplies donated by China, as part of the Chinese aid to help the country fight the COVID-19 outbreak.
- China's Hubei reports no increase in COVID-19 cases for 28 consecutive days Global Times 02 May 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported in central China's Hubei Province Friday, the provincial health commission said Saturday.
- NE China's Jilin reports one imported case from Russia after four negative tests Global Times 02 May 2020 -- China on Saturday reported an imported COVID-19 case in Northeast China's Jilin Province that had initially eluded doctors - the patient tested positive after four negative nucleic acid and antibody tests.
- China's 'Bat Woman' Shi Zhengli refutes rumor of 'defecting with intelligence files' Global Times 02 May 2020 -- Chinese virologist Shi Zhengli denied rumors of "defecting to the West," saying Saturday on her WeChat that, "Everything is all right for my family and me, dear friends!" She also post nine photos of her recent life.
- WHO congratulates Wuhan on clearing all COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 May 2020 -- "not just the healthcare workers but the individuals who stayed in their homes, who adhered to the public health measures."
- China should not squash Taiwan's aspirations to play global role: KMT CNA 03 May 2020 -- Taiwan's opposition Kuomintang (KMT) has called for policymakers in Beijing not to ignore the aspirations of Taiwanese people to participate in the international community because of political disagreements.
- China firmly opposes US support for Taiwan's participation in UN Global Times 02 May 2020 -- The US UN mission has gravely interfered with China's internal affairs by openly supporting Taiwan's participation in the United Nations, said a spokesperson of the permanent mission of China to the UN.
- HKSAR gov't slams foreign politicians for their serious intervention in HK affairs Global Times 02 May 2020 -- China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region(HKSAR)government Friday refuted remarks by some foreign officials and politicians, saying that they were totally unfounded and amounted to a serious intervention in Hong Kong's affairs. The HKSAR government strongly disagreed with the grossly irresponsible remarks and expressed deep regret about them.
- Central govt's liaison office in HK condemns radicals for re-instigating dangerous unrest during May Day holiday Global Times 02 May 2020 -- The Liaison Office of the Central People's Government in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region on Saturday strongly condemned radical protesters for re-instigating violence while ignoring civilians' sufferings.
- 'What Are They Trying To Hide?' Uyghurs Ask of China's Media Curbs in Xinjiang Radio Free Asia 02 May 2020 -- China's tightening curbs on media and speech freedoms compound the hardships of Uyghurs in the Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region (XUAR), where authorities stop at nothing to prevent reporting on the close to two million people who have disappeared into internment camps, Uyghur and press advocates said.
- China's Planned 'Year of Europe' Left in Tatters VOA 02 May 2020 -- China had designated 2020 as its "Year of Europe." The country's leaders had planned a series of diplomatic events and trade deals as part of a charm offensive to expand Chinese influence.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list