Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
27 April 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Wuhan Residents Skeptical of Claim City Has Zero Hospitalized COVID-19 Patients VOA 27 Apr 2020 -- Chinese officials said there are no coronavirus patients in hospitals across Hubei province, whose capital, Wuhan, was the epicenter of the global pandemic. Many residents and netizens from elsewhere, however, remain skeptical of the government's claim about Wuhan.
- U.S. has no grounds for compensation against China People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- A number of U.S. politicians, such as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, have continuously stirred up trouble during the pneumonia outbreak by attempting to hold China accountable for the novel coronavirus and claiming compensation from it.
- WHO may help probe US govt's response to COVID-19: Chinese FM Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- Amid tremendous doubts in the US over the US government's inefficient anti-epidemic measures, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang urged the US government to respond to US people's concerns timely and called for the World Health Organization to start a probe into related issues at a press conference on Mon-day.
- China's Hubei to save over $1 million in medical costs daily by decreasing COVID-19 test kit prices Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- About 8 million yuan ($1.13 million) in daily medical costs can be saved in Central China's Hubei Province due to a drastic decrease in local nucleic acid testing kit purchase prices, according to media reports.
- China's Hubei to save over $1 million in medical costs daily by decreasing COVID-19 test kit prices Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- With coronavirus deaths rising abroad, orders for importing funeral-service supplies from China surged 487 percent month-on-month in March, data from Alibaba's business-to-business e-commerce platform showed.
- Second outbreak 'unlikely' in Wuhan: Exclusive with Jinyintan Hospital chief at center of the arduous fight Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- The Jinyintan Hospital in Wuhan, Central China's Hubei Province has been fighting the COVID-19 epidemic on the frontline for 119 days since the contagious infection-focused hospital received the first suspected case on December 27, 2019.
- 'All I can say is things are getting better' Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- Rural workers among the hardest-hit by COVID-19, but resumption underway
- Independent investigation into China is a manipulation of politics: FM Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- Some people advocating the launch of an independent investigation into how China dealt with the epidemic in its early stages are manipulating the politics, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Monday, noting that the question of where the virus has originated should be left to scientists.
- Rumor Buster: 16 facts about China's fight against COVID-19 People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- The COVID-19 pandemic, caused by a coronavirus named SARS-CoV-2, is raging around the world. At this critical moment, falsehoods, rumors and wild conspiracy theories about COVID-19 are circulating on social and traditional media. The world is striving to sift through the lies and obtain scientific facts, and China stands on the front lines fighting against this global "misinfodemic."
- Chinese mainland reports 107 COVID-19 cases with imported case links: official People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- An official with the Chinese health authority said Monday that since March 21, the authority has received reports of 107 COVID-19 cases which were linked to imported cases.
- China's Hubei cleared of confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- Hubei, the province hardest hit by the novel coronavirus in central China, was cleared of confirmed novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases on Sunday, the provincial health commission said Monday.
- Central guiding group overseeing COVID-19 epidemic control leaves Hubei People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- Approved by General Secretary Xi Jinping and the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, China's central guiding group overseeing the novel coronavirus efforts in Hubei Province left for Beijing Monday.
- Shanghai reports no new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- Shanghai reported no new cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) on Sunday, the municipal health commission said Monday.
- China's Heilongjiang reports 1 new confirmed COVID-19 case People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- China's Heilongjiang Province reported one new locally-transmitted confirmed COVID-19 case and no new imported confirmed cases Sunday, the provincial health commission said Monday.
- China's Hubei reports no increase in COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported in central China's Hubei Province Sunday, the provincial health commission said Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports 2 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported two new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Sunday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,636, the National Health Commission said Monday.
- Chinese mainland reports three new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Monday that it received reports of three new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Sunday, of which two were imported.
- 80 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- A total of 80 patients of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from hospitals Sunday on the Chinese mainland, according to the National Health Commission.
- Wuhan hospitals clear all COVID-19 cases People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- After more than three months of arduous fight, Wuhan, the Chinese city once hardest hit by the coronavirus outbreak, cleared all COVID-19 cases in hospitals on Sunday.
- Factbox: China's fight against novel coronavirus outbre People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- Here are the latest developments on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in China:
- Did Vietnamese Hackers Target the Chinese Government to Get Information on COVID-19? Radio Free Asia 27 Apr 2020 -- On April 22, FireEye, a cyber security firm, reported that "From at least January to April 2020, suspected Vietnamese actors APT32 carried out intrusion campaigns against Chinese targets that… [were] designed to collect intelligence on the COVID-19 crisis." The alleged targets were China's Ministry of Emergency Management and the Wuhan municipal government.
- Chinese state-owned companies building makeshift quarantine hospitals in Maldives Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- A number of Chinese companies are allocating their manpower and resources to help the Maldives promptly build temporary quarantine hospitals amid the COVID-19 pandemic, according to Chinese Ambassador to the Maldives Zhang Lizhong.
- Equatorial Guinean envoy commends China's COVID-19 response Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- Equatorial Guinea's ambassador to China German Ekua Sima Abaga has spoken highly of China's efforts to contain the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Samoan expert: Samoa thanks China for helping ensure zero COVID-19 case People's Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- Samoa has so far reported zero confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), for which the country should thank China, said Poao Dr Lamour Hansell, head of the Covid-19 taskforce in Samoa.
- China denies spreading coronavirus disinformation following EU report Press TV 27 Apr 2020 -- China has rejected claims that it is spreading disinformation about the new coronavirus pandemic that continues to spread rapidly across the globe.
- NATO's Stoltenberg Blasts Chinese, Russian Disinformation About Coronavirus RFE/RL 27 Apr 2020 -- NATO Secretary-General Jens Stoltenberg has accused China and Russia of spreading disinformation regarding the organization's response to the coronavirus pandemic.
- China's Mars exploration mission makes new progress PLA Daily 27 Apr 2020 -- China unveiled the name "Tianwen-1" for its first Mars exploration mission, which means exploring the secrets of the space. It was announced by China National Space Administration (CNSA) in an online ceremony celebrating China's fifth Space Day on April 24.
- China expands Marine Corps' aerial assault capabilities following Type 075 ship launch Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- In addition to intensive training, the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy is boosting the aerial assault capabilities of its Marine Corps by systematically expanding it with combat-proven former Army units, a timely move to ready personnel in advance to maximize the power of the two recently launched Type 075 amphibious assault ships, analysts said on Monday.
- Chinese private aircraft company develops first general-purpose aircraft Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- The GA20, the first self-developed general-purpose aircraft made by a Chinese private company, completed the maiden test flight to trial out its systems, and it also started supply chain procurement, according to a report by thepaper.com.
- China opposes US forces' 'attack China' plan to win votes: FM Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- China firmly opposes certain US individuals and forces using China to garner votes or smearing China using the COVID-19 pandemic as an excuse, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Geng Shuang said Monday at a press conference, amid reports of the US Republican's "Attack China" campaign.
- China threatens Australia with boycott of goods over virus probe Press TV 27 Apr 2020 -- China's ambassador to Australia has warned that Canberra's insistence on a politically motivated investigation into Beijing's handling of the coronavirus outbreak could result in a boycott of Australian products.
- Latest VT4 battle tanks delivered to foreign buyer: report Global Times 27 Apr 2020 -- China is delivering two customized VT4 main battle tanks to an undisclosed foreign buyer.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list