Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
26 April 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China donates medical supplies to Albania to help fight coronavirus Global Times 26 Apr 2020 -- A batch of medical supplies donated by the Chinese government arrived at Albania's Tirana International Airport on Saturday to help the country fight the coronavirus pandemic.
- French papers follow US in attacking China Global Times 26 Apr 2020 -- Groundless accusations against China over the COVID-19 pandemic by some French media and right-wing politicians, including major news outlet Le Figaro, opposed the cooperative tendency berween France and China as well as the friendship between the two peoples, Chinese analysts said on Sunday.
- Washington 'launches COVID-19 war against its own people' Global Times 26 Apr 2020 -- China did not start a "war" on the US in the coronavirus pandemic as some hawkish US officials such as Peter Navarro have suggested; it is instead those "morons" in the US like the White House trade adviser, who have started a war against their own people and waged a relentless smearing campaign against China in an attempt to cover up their complete failure in pandemic response, that have steered the China-US relationship to a dangerous crossroad, Chinese analysts said on Sunday.
- China works on quality as exports of medical supplies for COVID-19 hit $7.7b Global Times 26 Apr 2020 -- China has stepped up supervision of the quality of epidemic prevention and control products for export, as well as the scale of those exports, which reached 55 billion yuan ($7.7 billion) in March and April, an official said on Sunday.
- 'Misunderstanding' leads to Canada purchasing unqualified masks from Chinese company: Chinese Embassy Global Times 26 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese Embassy in Canada said that a misunderstanding existed over what Toronto was purchasing and what a Chinese vendor was selling in response to a report by Canadian media alleging that face masks from China failed to meet the proper standards of healthcare professionals.
- China is tightening crackdown on defective medical supplies Global Times 26 Apr 2020 -- China has tightened crackdown on fake and defective medical supplies, as the fast-growing global demand has driven up the price of medical products, with some businessmen engaging in profiteering acts, Chinese officials said Sunday.
- China eases restrictions on exports of some coronavirus equipment Press TV 26 Apr 2020 -- China has decided to ease an export restriction on some medical equipment, which required domestic approval before they could be sold overseas, as long as they are approved in the importing countries.
- Wuhan hospitals clear all COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Wuhan, the central China city hardest hit by the epidemic, has dropped to zero, a health official said Sunday.
- All Wuhan patients discharged Global Times 26 Apr 2020 -- All COVID-19 patients in Wuhan's hospitals were cured as of Sunday, said China's national top health authority, an achievement that has been hailed by Wuhan doctors and residents as a milestone in the city's hard-fought battle against the coronavirus, and a sign that the city is returning to normal at an unparalleled speed.
- Hospitalized COVID-19 cases in Wuhan drop to zero: official People's Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Wuhan, the central China city hardest hit by the epidemic, has dropped to zero, a health official said Sunday.
- Last severe COVID-19 patient in Wuhan returns negative test People's Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- With a 90-year-old COVID-19 patient surnamed Zhang who was in serious condition testing negative for COVID-19 on April 24, central China's city of Wuhan, the previous epicenter of the pandemic, has managed to bring its number of severe COVID-19 cases to zero, Wuhan-based news website cjn.cn reported on April 24.
- HKSAR chief executive expresses confidence yet urges to remain alert amid COVID-19 epidemic People's Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- Chief Executive of China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Carrie Lam said Saturday that the HKSAR government needs to remain alert though the region has seen a significant drop in the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases recently.
- 48 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland People's Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- Forty-eight patients of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from hospitals Saturday on the Chinese mainland, according to the National Health Commission.
- Chinese mainland reports 5 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported five new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,634, the National Health Commission said Sunday.
- China's Hubei reports no increase in COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported in central China's Hubei Province Saturday, the provincial health commission said Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 11 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Sunday that it received reports of 11 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the mainland Saturday, of which five were imported.
- PLA sends materials to help Cambodian military battle COVID-19 PLA Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- At the request of the Cambodian military and with the approval of the Central Military Commission, the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) on Saturday sent urgently needed COVID-19 prevention and control materials, including nucleic acid testing kits and protective gowns, to the Cambodian military by air force planes.
- Wuhan Dismisses All COVID Patients VOA 26 Apr 2020 -- Chinese officials said Sunday that all COVID patients have been discharged from hospitals in Wuhan, the origin of the outbreak in the country late last year.
- UK Scraps China from Official COVID-19 Death Tally Graphs in Snub over 'Cover-Up' Claims Sputnik 26 Apr 2020 -- Earlier, China revised its official COVID-19 fatality count to 4,632, adding some 1,290 deaths registered in Wuhan, while rejecting a chorus of accusations that it was covering up the true scale of the epidemic.
- Chinese aircraft carrier maneuver aimed at achieving multiple results CNA 26 Apr 2020 -- A recent training mission of the Chinese aircraft carrier Liaoning, which sailed through waters near Japan and Taiwan and into the South China Sea near Vietnam, has been seen by a Taiwanese defense analyst as a maneuver with the aim of "hitting three birds with one stone."
- Senior official says financial risk remains controllable in Hong Kong Global Times 26 Apr 2020 -- Financial Secretary of China's Hong Kong Special Administrative Region government Paul Chan said Sunday that the financial risk remains controllable in Hong Kong despite the double blow from the violent incidents last year and the recent COVID-19 epidemic.
- Chinese lawmakers review draft biosecurity law PLA Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- China's draft biosecurity law was submitted to a regular session of the National People's Congress Standing Committee for its second review on Sunday.
- China adjusts national defense patent fee reduction policy PLA Daily 26 Apr 2020 -- The Equipment Development Department of China's Central Military Commission (CMC) announces on April 26, the World Intellectual Property Day, that China will adjust the national defense patent fee reduction policy to reduce the burden of innovation entities and encourage the innovative development in defense technology and equipment construction.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list