Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
21 April 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Third batch of Chinese aid arrives in Baghdad to assist COVID-19 fight Global Times 21 Apr 2020 -- The third batch of Chinese medical aid arrived on Monday in Baghdad as part of China's assistance to boost Iraq's capability to contain the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Palestine receives medical aid from China Global Times 21 Apr 2020 -- Palestine on Monday received a batch of medical supplies provided by China, including protective gears and testing kits for COVID-19.
- Wuhan sticks to defense after reopening from lockdown Global Times 21 Apr 2020 -- Wuhan is recovering from its 76-day lockdown after the city was severely hit by the novel coronavirus epidemic, but the city still keeps strict measures to defend its efforts and sacrifices in the past months.
- Domestic COVID-19 cases exceed imported ones Global Times 21 Apr 2020 -- Clustered coronavirus infections in Harbin, Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province have further expanded and resulted in Tuesday's reporting of more new domestic infections than imported ones for the first time in six weeks.
- COVID-19 patients undergo "14+14" recovery scheme in Wuhan Global Times 21 Apr 2020 -- COVID-19 patients, regardless of their nationality, who are discharged from hospitals in Wuhan are undergoing the 14+14 recovery scheme - 14 days of centralized quarantine and another 14 days of home quarantine, officials said on Tuesday.
- Hong Kong to extend social distancing measures for another 2 weeks amid COVID-19 epidemic Global Times 21 Apr 2020 -- China's Hong Kong will extend its social distancing measures that will expire at midnight on Thursday for another 14 days to ensure the COVID-19 epidemic will be completely controlled.
- China devotes every effort to treat every COVID-19 patient: official People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- China will make all-out efforts with superior resources and technology to treat every COVID-19 patient, a health official said Tuesday.
- Central Chinese city strengthens supervision over anti-epidemic exports People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- The customs of Changsha, capital of central China's Hunan Province, said it has strengthened inspection of medical supplies for export.
- Chaoyang District in Beijing classified as a high-risk area People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- Chaoyang District in Beijing has been classified as a high-risk area for the COVID-19 pandemic as a novel coronavirus cluster occurred there within the last 14 days, Pang Xinghuo, deputy director of the Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control, said on Monday at a news conference held by the Beijing municipal government.
- China mulls COVID-19 containment among int'l air freight crews People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- Chinese customs have rolled out contingency plans targeting potential COVID-19 infections among international air freight crews, as part of its efforts to smooth the global supply chain on the basis of epidemic containment.
- China's anti-virus measures effective in curbing imported cases via int'l flights People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- China's measures of redirecting international flights scheduled to arrive in its capital Beijing have been effective in curbing potential imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), an official said Monday.
- Guangzhou expands nucleic acid testing to prevent COVID-19 People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- Southern Chinese metropolis Guangzhou will expand the scope of nucleic acid testing to prevent the novel coronavirus epidemic from rebounding, local authorities said on Monday.
- Spokesman says China is "victim of COVID-19, not perpetrator" People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- A Chinese spokesman on Monday denounced some U.S. politicians claiming to sue the Chinese side for causing the global spread of COVID-19, and asked them to stop attacking and blaming China for nothing.
- Factbox: China's fight against novel coronavirus outbreak People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- Here are the latest developments on the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in China:
- China's Hubei reports no increase in COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported in central China's Hubei Province Monday, local health authority said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports four new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported four new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Monday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,587, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 11 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Tuesday that it received reports of 11 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the mainland Monday, of which four were imported.
- Chinese Media Publishes Report Offering Insight Into China's COVID-19 Response Sputnik 21 Apr 2020 -- China Daily published a bilingual report on Tuesday detailing China's measures to combat the COVID-19 outbreak to provide health workers and officials around the world a reference and glimpse into the country's herculean effort to overcome the epidemic.
- Pakistan Opens Strategic China-Managed Gwadar Port to Transit Trade With Afghanistan Sputnik 21 Apr 2020 -- China financed more than 80 percent of the $248 million development cost of the port and it will bypass the long shipping route of Indian Ocean through the Strait of Malacca to receive energy.
- Press Group Warns of China's Coronavirus Misinformation War Radio Free Asia 21 Apr 2020 -- An international press freedom group has warned of a campaign of coronavirus misinformation by China, which it ranked 177th out of 180 countries in an annual global press freedom index on Tuesday.
- China's modified trainer jet prototype ready for maiden flight Global Times 21 Apr 2020 -- The prototype of the newly modified version of the Naval Mountain Eagle trainer jet is now preparing for its maiden flight after its production was completed on Sunday, the aircraft's maker announced on Monday. This type of aircraft is expected to serve as an aircraft carrier-based trainer, which China is in desperate need to train more aircraft carrier-based fighter jet pilots, analysts said on Tuesday.
- Central govt liaison office's authority to supervise implement of Basic Law in HK unshakable Global Times 21 Apr 2020 -- To rebut the Western media and Taiwan separatists, who are hyping groundless accusations about the Chinese central government's authority to supervise the implementation of the Basic Law in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR), multiple Chinese mainland departments in charge of relevant affairs and the chief executive of Hong Kong reaffirmed their stances on Tuesday.
- China Moves to Take Over Direct Political Control of Hong Kong Radio Free Asia 21 Apr 2020 -- The ruling Chinese Communist Party has ushered in an era of more direct political control over Hong Kong, with a cabinet reshuffle and a slew of statements targeting pro-democracy figures in recent days.
- South Korea, China say North Korea's Kim not gravely ill as CNN claimed Press TV 21 Apr 2020 -- South Korea and China have both refuted a CNN report that said the life of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un is in "grave danger" following a cardiovascular procedure, saying that he is not seriously ill.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list