Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
10 April 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China Pushes Economic Recovery to Meet CPC Goals Radio Free Asia 10 Apr 2020 -- As the peak of the COVID-19 epidemic passes in China, there are signs that pre-crisis Communist Party goals are playing a part in the push to get back to work.
- Tough Chinese COVID-19 Restrictions at Border Worry Myanmar Traders Radio Free Asia 10 Apr 2020 -- Cross-border cargo policies put in place by China to control the spread of the coronavirus are pinching Myanmar traders and truck drivers, who have voiced concern about the safety of their cargo and charges imposed by the Chinese, officials at Myanmar trade associations said Friday.
- Xi says China ready to continue helping Argentina with COVID-19 prevention, aid Global Times 10 Apr 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping said the Chinese side is ready to continue sharing COVID-19 prevention and control experience with Argentina and offering assistance within its capacity.
- China, France support WHO in playing due role in COVID-19 fight: FMs Global Times 10 Apr 2020 -- China and France support the World Health Organization (WHO) in playing its due role in combating COVID-19, said Chinese State Councilor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi and French Foreign Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian over phone on Thursday.
- Beijing to require all hotel guests to have negative COVID-19 test reports before check-in Global Times 10 Apr 2020-- Beijing will require all arrivals to provide a negative nucleic acid report and green health code before checking in to hotels starting Sunday as the city remains on the alert and continues with its highest-level response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- China's Heilongjiang reports 29 new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- Northeast China's Heilongjiang Province on Thursday reported one new confirmed COVID-19 case transmitted locally and 28 new confirmed cases from overseas, the provincial health commission said Friday.
- Shanghai reports 3 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- Shanghai reported three newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from overseas Thursday, the local health authority said Friday.
- China to strengthen epidemic control in border regions People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- A leading group of China's COVID-19 response on Thursday stressed measures to strengthen the test and treatment capacity of the disease in border regions.
- China's Hubei reports no increase in COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported Thursday in central China's Hubei Province, the provincial health commission said Friday.
- China strengthens epidemic control along border, expands coronavirus infection testing in key regions People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- Chinese authorities Thursday urged efforts to beef up COVID-19 prevention and control in border regions and expand coronavirus infection testing in key areas with risks of COVID-19 outbreak.
- Beijing, Tianjin, Hebei to remain at highest level of response to outbreak People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- Beijing will stay vigilant to the novel coronavirus epidemic by maintaining a first-level emergency response mechanism against the virus, a senior city official said on Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 38 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 38 new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Thursday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 1,141, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 42 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Friday that it received reports of 42 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Thursday, of which 38 were imported.
- U.S., Chinese military aircraft fly near Taiwan's airspace CNA 10 Apr 2020 -- A United States military reconnaissance aircraft was reported flying near Taiwan's southern airspace Friday, the same day the Ministry of National Defense (MND) confirmed Chinese warplanes were monitored southwest of the country.
- Chinese PLA holds 'regular' drills near Taiwan in preparation for military struggle: experts Global Times 10 Apr 2020-- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) reportedly held military drills featuring warplanes near the island of Taiwan on Friday, and such drills, having taken place at least four times since the traditional Spring Festival holiday in January, have become regular and are now a part of military struggle preparations against the island, mainland experts said on Friday.
- Taiwan Finds Fake Twitter Accounts Tweeting Apologies From 'Taiwanese' to WHO Chief Radio Free Asia 10 Apr 2020 -- Investigators in Taiwan say they have found a number of fake Twitter accounts linked to China posting fake apologies to World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who has accused the democratic island of involvement in a series of personal and racist attacks against him.
- Chinese netizens pose as Taiwanese to 'apologize' to WHO chief CNA 10 Apr 2020 -- Taiwan's Ministry of Justice Investigation Bureau said Friday that Chinese posing online as Taiwanese are behind an online campaign to apologize to World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, who on Wednesday accused Taiwan of involvement in a series of personal attacks against him.
- US politically motivated to criticize WHO ignoring Taiwan: Chinese FM Global Times 10 Apr 2020-- The US State Department's claim that the US is "deeply disturbed Taiwan's information was withheld from the global health community" is not fact and is politically motivated to shift focus and blame, which does nothing to ease the COVID-19 outbreak in the US and only undermines its credibility, Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Friday.
- DPP cannot contain COVID-19 in Taiwan by slandering mainland: spokesperson Global Times 10 Apr 2020-- The Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council on Friday denounced Taiwan's separatist Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) for attacking and slandering the Chinese mainland and Taiwan firms and compatriots in the mainland instead of focusing on its burning issues: containing the spread of COVID-19 in the island and tackling local people's practical needs.
- Chinese mainland condemns Taiwan for racist attack aimed at WHO leader Global Times 10 Apr 2020-- Chinese mainland condemned Taiwan's separatist Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) for making racist comments online against the World Health Organization's (WHO) director-general. The Taiwan party was also accused of using COVID-19 as a political trick to undermine the one-China principle and join the WHO, which is doomed to fail, according to a spokesperson with the Taiwan Affairs Office of the State Council.
- Chinese mainland condemns DPP's "malicious" verbal attacks on WHO People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson Thursday strongly condemned the Democratic Progressive Party (DPP) authority in Taiwan for its "malicious" verbal attacks on the World Health Organization (WHO) and its director-general.
- China slams Taiwan 'venomous' attack on WHO as US takes side with Taipei in coronavirus row Press TV 10 Apr 2020 -- China and the United State have clashed again over Taiwan as Beijing joined the World Health Organization (WHO) in a row over the coronavirus outbreak, but Washington took sides with the self-ruled island.
- Chinese mainland suspends allowing students to pursue higher education in Taiwan People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese mainland has decided to suspend allowing graduates at schools of all levels to further their study in Taiwan in 2020, the Ministry of Education (MOE) said Thursday.
- China condemns personal attacks against WHO Director-General People's Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- A spokesperson for Chinese Foreign Ministry said Thursday that China strongly condemns personal attacks and racist words and deeds against WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus.
- Wuhan Lockdown Diary Author Says She is Being Abused by China's 'Extreme Left' Radio Free Asia 10 Apr 2020 -- An author who is due to publish her diary of her time under coronavirus lockdown in the central Chinese city of Wuhan has been subjected to widespread online abuse and criticism from key media figures.
- Chinese Lawyer Withdraws Appeal Against Disciplinary Sanction Radio Free Asia 10 Apr 2020 -- A lawyer in the central Chinese province of Henan who was disciplined for writing on social media about the number of dead bodies being cremated in the central city of Wuhan has abandoned her appeal against the sanction.
- HK anti-mask ruled as 'constitutional' reveals practical judicial thinking: experts Global Times 10 Apr 2020 -- A Hong Kong appeals court on Thursday overturned part of an earlier ruling that found the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government's ban on wearing masks at unauthorized protests "unconstitutional," declaring the measure imposed during the turmoil last year valid, with observers noting that this is a "demonstration of justice" and will help the HKSAR government quell the turmoil eventually.
- US Warships Struggle over COVID-19 as China Holds Naval Drills in the Pacific, According to US Media Sputnik 10 Apr 2020 -- As the US has currently logged more COVID-19 cases than any other country, China has ceased reporting new instances of the disease, lifting the 76-day lockdown of its city of Wuhan, which was once the epicenter of the pandemic.
- China-made VT-4 MBT delivered to Nigeria PLA Daily 10 Apr 2020 -- The first batch of 17 military vehicles consisting of VT-4 main battle tanks (MBT), ST-1 wheeled tank destroyer and two types of self-propelled howitzers bought by the Nigerian Army (NA) from the China North Industries Corporation (NORINCO) arrived at the Apapa Ports on April 8, 2020. The NA made this emergency purchase to strike Boko Haram Terrorists (BHTs) in northern Nigeria.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list