Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
07 April 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- 'Deep Plowing The South China Sea': China Eyes Resources, Steps up Research Radio Free Asia 07 Apr 2020 -- China's recent establishment of two new research stations on artificial islands it occupies in the disputed South China Sea comes as it ramps up its exploration and exploitation of deep sea environments, seeking fuel, rare metals and biotechnology, analysts say.
- China Could Face Lawsuits Totaling Trillions Over Handling of Coronavirus Radio Free Asia 07 Apr 2020 -- China could face trillions of dollars in international lawsuits for its handling of the coronavirus pandemic, which first emerged in Wuhan as early as November, according to a London-based think-tank.
- Wuhan lockdown ends Global Times 07 Apr 2020 -- Wuhan, capital of Central China's Hubei Province, restarts on Wednesday after a 76-day lockdown as local authorities officially lift outbound travel restrictions, signaling the normal resumption of life for the city of 11 million people and a phased victory in combating the novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19).
- China Confirms Party Probe Into Outspoken Property Tycoon Radio Free Asia 07 Apr 2020 -- The ruling Chinese Communist Party has confirmed it is investigating property tycoon Ren Zhiqiang after he penned an article highly critical of President Xi Jinping, amid an ongoing crackdown on critics of the president.
- Amphibious AG600 airplane plans sea test Global Times 07 Apr 2020 -- The AG600, China's large amphibious airplane that will be capable of covering all of the South China Sea, is preparing in Hubei Province to conduct its first maritime test flight this year as planned, despite the novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19) epidemic.
- PLA Air Force's first batch of female flight instructors take cadets to sky PLA Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- The first batch of female flight instructors of the PLA Air Force and the pilot cadets they instructed leap into the blue sky together in China's primary trainer aircraft CJ-6 at the training base of a regiment under the PLA Air Force Aviation University in late March.
- Foreigners equally treated, must abide by Chinese laws in epidemic control: FM Global Times 07 Apr 2020 -- All foreigners in China should abide by Chinese laws and regulations in epidemic control work, and China is against any kind of discrimination and prejudice, the Chinese Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday in response to reports claiming "anti-foreign sentiment" is on the rise in China.
- Imported COVID-19 cases surge in route from Moscow to NE China Global Times 07 Apr 2020 -- A transport route from Moscow to Northeast China has drawn widespread attention after the Heilongjiang provincial health authority said on Tuesday that another 22 people had been found infected with COVID-19 on Monday.
- 89 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospitals on Chinese mainland Global Times 07 Apr 2020 -- A total of 89 patients of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from hospitals Monday on the Chinese mainland, according to the National Health Commission.
- Facts speak loud for China's openness, transparency in COVID-19 fight People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- A detailed timeline published Monday has shown the fact that China has released information on COVID-19 and advanced international cooperation on epidemic response in an open, transparent and responsible manner.
- China's domestic severe cases drop below 200 People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported no new domestically-transmitted cases of COVID-19 for Monday, and the number of domestically-transmitted severe cases dropped below 200 for the first time, according to the National Health Commission (NHC).
- China sends 302 charter flights for int'l anti-epidemic work People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- China has sent a total of 302 charter flights carrying medical professionals and emergency supplies to support global anti-epidemic efforts, according to the civil aviation authorities.
- Shanghai reports 2 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- Shanghai reported two newly confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from overseas Monday, the local health authority said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports no increase in domestic COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- No new domestically transmitted cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported on the Chinese mainland on Monday, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- China's Hubei reports zero increase in COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported Monday in central China's Hubei Province, the Health Commission of Hubei said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 32 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 32 new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Monday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 983, the National Health Commission said Tuesday.
- Chinese mainland reports 39 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Monday it received reports of 39 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland Sunday, of which 38 were imported.
- China's anti-virus measures effective in curbing imported cases: official People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- China's measures to curb potential import of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases via international flights have proven effective, an aviation official said Monday.
- China to strengthen prevention of imported COVID-19 infections through land border People's Daily 07 Apr 2020 -- Chinese authorities Monday stressed measures to further prevent imported COVID-19 infections through land border.
- China reports zero new virus deaths; Wuhan to lift last restrictions SPA 07 Apr 2020 -- China on Tuesday reported no new coronavirus deaths in the past day, for the first time since January 19, as the city of Wuhan prepared to lift its last lockdown measures, dpa reported.
- No COVID-19 Deaths in Mainland China Over Past Day - State Health Committee Sputnik 07 Apr 2020 -- Not a single person died of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in mainland China over the past 24 hours, the first such day since January, according to China's state health committee.
- China Announces End to Coronavirus Lockdown in Wuhan VOA 07 Apr 2020 -- China announced Tuesday the end of the lockdown in Wuhan, the city of 11 million residents where the coronavirus outbreak began in late December.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list