Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
03 April 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China Targets Thousands Who Spoke Out About The Coronavirus Epidemic Radio Free Asia 03 Apr 2020 -- The ruling Chinese Communist Party has targeted thousands of people for speaking out about the coronavirus epidemic in the country since it began in late December in the central city of Wuhan, an overseas-based rights group has said.
- Wuhan Warns Public to Stay Home as Financial Impact Starts to Bite Radio Free Asia 03 Apr 2020 -- Authorities in the central Chinese city of Wuhan, where the coronavirus epidemic emerged, have warned that the public aren't paying enough heed to disease control and prevention codes.
- Xi says China to increase assistance for Africa's COVID-19 battle Global Times 03 Apr 2020 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping said Friday that China will continue to step up assistance for Namibia and other African countries in combating the COVID-19 epidemic.
- Chinese medical team sent to Pakistan recommends more tests, epidemiological investigations Global Times 03 Apr 2020 -- Chinese medical experts sent to aid Pakistan in its fight against COVID-19 have recommended the country to test as many people as it can and conduct epidemiological investigations to curb the spread of the virus.
- More Chinese medical supplies reach Ireland amid rising COVID-19 caseload Global Times 03 Apr 2020 -- A flight carrying medical supplies from China arrived at Shannon Airport in west Ireland on Thursday afternoon, Irish national radio and television broadcaster RTE reported.
- Wuhan govt weighs whether to test all residents to find silent carriers Global Times 03 Apr 2020 -- Wuhan authorities are studying whether the government should test all residents to find asymptomatic COVID-19 carriers amid public worry over a second outbreak.
- Shanghai reports 4 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Apr 2020 -- Shanghai reported four new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from overseas on Thursday, the municipal health commission said Friday.
- China's Hubei reports zero increase in COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Apr 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported Thursday in central China's Hubei Province, said the National Health Commission Friday.
- Chinese mainland reports 31 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Apr 2020 -- The world is now in a battle against COVID-19, a disease caused by a previously unknown coronavirus that has spread to over 200 countries and regions.
- Chinese mainland reports 29 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 03 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 29 new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Thursday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 870, the National Health Commission said Friday.
- Hong Kong to shut bars in stronger social distancing measures amid COVID-19 pandemic People's Daily 03 Apr 2020 -- The Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) government on Thursday announced the decision to temporarily close bars and other liquor-selling premises in response to an upsurge in COVID-19 cases.
- China to strengthen epidemic control along land border People's Daily 03 Apr 2020 -- Chinese authorities Thursday demanded further strengthening epidemic control efforts along its land border to prevent the importation of COVID-19 infections.
- China warns Vietnamese fishing boat's illegal entry to China's territorial waters PLA Daily 03 Apr 2020 -- China Coast Guard on Friday released a statement which warned the Vietnamese fishing boat's illegal entry to the waters off the Xisha Islands on April 2 and urges the Vietnamese side to take measures to avoid similar incidents happen again.
- Taiwan Competes with China through World Medical Diplomacy VOA 03 Apr 2020 -- Taiwan, widely watched from abroad for controlling the spread of COVID-19, started this week spreading medical aid to much harder-hit countries in a campaign that could help it stand up politically against its powerful rival China.
- China reiterates tough quality control over medical supplies exports Global Times 03 Apr 2020 -- China has reiterated strict control over the quality of medical supplies and their exports to better aid the global battle against the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19), the commerce ministry said.
- China's Oil Giants Struggle as Prices Collapse Radio Free Asia 03 Apr 2020 -- China's state oil companies are suffering from the plunge in crude prices at a time when the world's largest importer should be celebrating lower costs.
- Hong Kong Journalists Under Pressure Over Taiwan WHO Reporting Radio Free Asia 03 Apr 2020 -- Hong Kong government broadcaster RTHK is under pressure from government officials after it aired an interview with a World Health Organization (WHO) official in which the interviewer touched on repeated calls from the democratic of island of Taiwan that it should be allowed to join as a member state.
- Hong Kong Government Reprimands Public Broadcaster for WHO Interview About Taiwan VOA 03 Apr 2020 -- The Hong Kong government has criticized a public broadcaster for "breaching the One-China principle" after a reporter asked a World Health Organization official about Taiwan's eligibility to join the international body amid the coronavirus pandemic.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list