Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 April 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- FM slams US smear on virus info with timeline Global Times 02 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese Foreign Ministry spent almost 9 minutes at a routine press conference on Thursday to question the shameless, ungrounded and repeated rumors by US politicians, including Vice President Mike Pence and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, that had falsely accused China of concealing COVID-19 data.
- Wuhan govt weighs whether to test all residents to find silent carriers Global Times 02 Apr 2020 -- Wuhan authorities are studying whether the government should test all residents to find asymptomatic COVID-19 carriers amid public worry over a second outbreak.
- False claims emerge over China's medical supplies Global Times 02 Apr 2020 -- Recently, the Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, and Slovakia have questioned the quality of China's medical supplies amid the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Chinese officials have urged foreign nations not to politicize the issues and to tackle concerns in accordance with facts.
- Chinese mainland reports 35 new confirmed COVID-19 cases, all imported cases, and 55 new asymptomatic COVID-19 patients Global Times 02 Apr 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Thursday it received reports of 35 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on Wednesday, all imported cases.
- Chinese mainland reports zero increase in domestic COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Apr 2020 -- No new domestically transmitted cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported on the Chinese mainland on Wednesday, the National Health Commission (NHC) said Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 35 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 35 new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Wednesday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 841, the National Health Commission said Thursday.
- China's Hubei reports no new COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Apr 2020 -- No newly confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported for Wednesday in central China's Hubei Province, the provincial health commission said Thursday. The province saw six new deaths, which were all reported in the provincial capital of Wuhan Wednesday.
- Chinese mainland reports zero increase in domestic COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Apr 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Thursday that no new domestically transmitted cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported on the Chinese mainland on Wednesday.
- Central China's Hunan province reports its first imported COVID-19 case People's Daily 02 Apr 2020 -- Central China's Hunan Province, neighboring the former coronavirus epicenter of Hubei Province, reported its first imported case of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Wednesday, the provincial health commission said Thursday.
- China's control measures prevent tens of thousands of infections: spokesperson People's Daily 02 Apr 2020 -- China's prevention and control measures have altered the dangerous course of COVID-19's quick spread and prevented tens of thousands of infections nationwide, a Foreign Ministry spokesperson said Wednesday.
- Shanghai reports 6 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 02 Apr 2020 -- Shanghai reported six new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from overseas on Wednesday, the municipal health commission said Thursday.
- Lockdown Imposed in China's Henan Province After Fresh Cases Emerge Radio Free Asia 02 Apr 2020 -- As the ruling Chinese Communist Party increasingly claims victory over the coronavirus epidemic in mainland China, residents of the central province of Henan say there has been a local outbreak of COVID-19 in Jia county.
- Beijing Blasts US 'Politicians Full of Lies' for 'Shameless' Claims About China's COVID-19 Mortality Sputnik 02 Apr 2020 -- On Wednesday, Bloomberg reported that the White House had received a classified intelligence briefing which said that China has attempted to hide the seriousness of the COVID-19 outbreak, under-reporting both total cases and fatalities. President Trump has described China's coronavirus numbers as "a little bit on the light side".
- COVID-19: China Sends $3 Million in Medical Aid to Pakistan Sputnik 02 Apr 2020 -- Pakistan has seen a surge in COVID-19 cases, with the nationwide tally of confirmed cases crossing 2,000. The viral infection has claimed 26 lives in the country so far.
- Wuhan's military industry back in action as epidemic situation eases Global Times 02 Apr 2020 -- As the novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19) epidemic begins to subside in Wuhan, the city most severely affected by COVID-19 in China, the military industry of the city is now going back to normal and making up for time lost during the city's lockdown.
- Chinese Navy holds drills amid US violation Global Times 02 Apr 2020 -- The Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy conducted combat-oriented drills featuring surface vessels, submarines and fighter jets in the South China Sea in late March, a month in which the US frequently sent warships and warplanes to intrude the waters.
- Chinese peacekeepers to Lebanon conduct emergency UN repair task PLA Daily 02 Apr 2020 -- The 18th Chinese peacekeeping multifunctional engineer detachment to Lebanon received the task to carry out emergency repair of the ammunition disposal site of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) on March 31, in a bid to prepare for subsequent ammunition disposal by the Spanish peacekeepers.
- 'Mask diplomacy' hype unhelpful Global Times 02 Apr 2020 -- Chinese officials, companies and analysts on Thursday called on the West to stop politicizing China's goodwill gestures in offering aid to countries devastated by the COVID-19 pandemic as some Western media and officials continue to hype China practicing so-called mask diplomacy and question China's intentions behind its humanitarian assistance to other countries like Italy and the US.
- China transparent in dealing with epidemic: FM Global Times 02 Apr 2020 -- China's Foreign Ministry on Thursday urged some US officials to focus on what they could do for Americans amid the COVID-19 pandemic instead of making vicious accusations and attacks on other countries based on wrong and twisted information.
- Attacks on China's efforts to curb global spread of COVID-19 another form of stigmatization People's Daily 02 Apr 2020 -- As China does its best to alleviate the COVID-19 pandemic that struck 202 countries and regions around the globe, it is hit with stigmatization by others with efforts to politicalize the crisis.
- China Cracking Down on Those Critical of COVID-19 Response VOA 02 Apr 2020 -- Chinese Human Rights Defenders (CHRD), a coalition of Chinese and international human rights nongovernmental organizations, said as of March 12, there were 5,511 cases related to people being punished for allegedly spreading information about the epidemic. That is also the number used in official Chinese media.
- Hong Kong Police Get to Decide When to Take Data From Arrestees' Phones Radio Free Asia 02 Apr 2020 -- Hong Kong's High Court ruled on Thursday that warrantless searches of arrestees' cell phones could go ahead, as long as a full account of the search was made.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list