Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
30 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- Discovery of Unusual Natural Gas Sharpens China's Maritime Sovereignty Claims VOA 30 Mar 2020 -- Repeated discoveries of an obscure, offshore natural gas known as flammable ice will bolster Chinese claims to a sea that's contested by five other Asian governments.
- Chinese CDC experts, frontline doctors cite COVID-19 data as reliable, complete Global Times 30 Mar 2020 -- Chinese medical experts and frontline doctors said that China's COVID-19 data is reliable, complete and detailed, and that the number of locally transmitted infections which has been near zero for weeks is not simply proved by the data, but also by the zero increase of hospitalizations, in a rebuttal to accusations from Western media and politicians that China's data is "untrusted and misrepresented."
- Fourth batch of medical supplies from China arrives in Pakistan Global Times 30 Mar 2020 -- The fourth batch of medical supplies provided by the Chinese government from China's Wuhan arrived at Pakistan's Noor Khan Air Base near Islamabad on Sunday.
- China keeps engine roaring to ensure global medical supplies amid pandemic Global Times 30 Mar 2020 -- As demand for life-saving medical supplies continues to skyrocket globally, China, as a major world supplier, is sparing no efforts to ensure steady supplies, with factories running 24 hours a day to make everything from masks to test kits and ventilators, airlines and shipping firms scrambling to expand transport channels and officials stepping up efforts to help boost the supply chain.
- China to send medical expert team to the Philippines to help local coronavirus fight: envoy Global Times 30 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese government will send a medical expert team to the Philippines to help battle COVID-19 at request, according to Chinese Ambassador to the Southeast Asian country, Huang Xilian, on Monday.
- Face mask QC issue should not be politicized: Chinese Ambassador to the Netherlands Global Times 30 Mar 2020 -- Chinese analysts warned that some wouldn't take the opportunity to denounce China and its honest intentions in sending anti-epidemic supplies over quality control issues amid reports that the Netherlands had recalled defective face masks sent from China.
- Gansu confirms new imported COVID-19 cases Global Times 30 Mar 2020 -- Heath commission authorities in Northwest China's Gansu Province confirmed on Sunday two novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases, one from the UK via Shanghai, and another from Hubei Province in the same 24-hour period.
- Beijing's SARS treatment hospital sees first COVID-19 patient discharged People's Daily 30 Mar 2020 -- Xiaotangshan Hospital, which was previously used to quarantine SARS patients in Beijing, saw its first patient of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) discharged after recovery on Monday.
- China's Wuhan reports zero increase in COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Mar 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported Sunday in Wuhan, the hardest-hit city in central China's Hubei Province.
- Chinese mainland reports 31 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 30 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Monday it received reports of 31 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on Sunday, of which 30 were imported.
- 322 COVID-19 patients discharged from hospital on Chinese mainland People's Daily 30 Mar 2020 -- A total of 322 patients of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were discharged from the hospital Sunday on the Chinese mainland, according to the National Health Commission.
- Imported cases raise increasing concerns People's Daily 30 Mar 2020 -- Health officials and experts are calling for people to remain vigilant against the novel coronavirus and are tightening controls on inbound arrivals and asymptomatic cases as the country still faces the risk of imported infections and the threat of asymptomatic carriers.
- Concerns Grow Over Wuhan Doctor Amid Call For Return to Work Radio Free Asia 30 Mar 2020 -- Whistleblowing Wuhan doctor Ai Fen is currently incommunicado, believed detained after giving media interviews about her initial concerns over the coronavirus, according to an Australian media report.
- Chinese military defines sectoral regulators' duties in fighting corruption People's Daily 30 Mar 2020 -- China's Central Military Commission has released regulations defining duties of the supervisory department of each sector within the military in rooting out corruption.
- Chinese military releases revised regulations on social organization affairs PLA Daily 30 Mar 2020 -- China's Central Military Commission has released a set of revised regulations on the work related to social organizations for military personnel.
- Concerns linger for virus-plagued businesses in China Global Times 30 Mar 2020 -- Nationwide efforts to restart the coronavirus-battered Chinese economy seem to have proceeded by fits and starts amid an explosion in confirmed cases in Europe and the US, with authorities and industry insiders voicing concerns over the plight of life services providers, exporters as well as small and micro businesses.
- Should China stand by idly as other countries fight COVID-19?: FM spokesperson Global Times 30 Mar 2020 -- When asked if China intends to manipulate other countries' public opinions by providing assistance to those hit by COVID-19, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying asked, do those asking the question hope China stands by idly while remaining indifferent in the face of the pandemic?
- Isolated quality issues regarding Chinese medical aids should not be politicized, goodwill matters: FM Global Times 30 Mar 2020 -- Isolated issues related to Chinese made medical supplies and materials sent to other countries to help in the battle against COVID-19 should not be interpreted in a politicized fashion, and China's goodwill to assist other nations is sincere, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Hua Chunying said on Monday.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list