Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
29 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- As domestic outbreak wanes, China rushes to assist other countries Global Times 29 Mar 2020 -- Amid the global spread of COVID-19, China has donated masks and medical supplies to countries in urgent need. These efforts have been lauded by Chinese netizens who said China is returning the favor to those who offered it support during its hardship.
- Infectivity of asymptomatic patients nearly same as the confirmed: studies Global Times 29 Mar 2020 -- A woman in Central China's Henan Province was confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 on Saturday after coming into contact with an asymptomatic patient, sounding a further alarm for the public about the infectivity of asymptomatic cases when Chinese cities are embracing work resumption.
- China to send more aid to Japan; netizens suggest Tokyo lockdown amid Sakura season Global Times 29 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese government will provide a second batch of medical aid to Japan where COVID-19 infection is feared to increase steadily, amid medical materials shortage in Japan and some voices suggesting Tokyo impose a temporary lockdown like that of Wuhan despite its Sakura blossom tourism season.
- Woman in Central China infected from asymptomatic patient Global Times 29 Mar 2020 -- A woman in Central China's Henan Province was confirmed to be infected with COVID-19 on Saturday after coming into contact with an asymptomatic infected patient.
- China spends $2,395 on average for each COVID-19 patient Global Times 29 Mar 2020 -- China spends an average of 17,000 yuan ($2,400) on each COVID-19 patient, 65 percent of the cost is covered by the country's healthcare system while the rest is subsidized by local governments, said a senior health official over the weekend..
- China does not have large number of asymptomatic patients: top Chinese respiratory expert Global Times 29 Mar 2020 -- Responding to claims that asymptomatic infection cases could pose risks to China's epidemic situation, the country's top respiratory expert Zhong Nanshan said that China does not have a large number of asymptomatic patients.
- Chinese medical team arrives in Pakistan to help fight COVID-19 People's Daily 29 Mar 2020 -- An 8-member medical expert team organized by the Chinese government arrived here on Saturday to help Pakistan fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Shanghai reports 7 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Mar 2020 -- Shanghai reported seven new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from overseas on Saturday, the municipal health commission said Sunday.
- Beijing reports 4 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Mar 2020 -- Beijing reported four new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from overseas on Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases in the national capital to 160, the municipal health commission said Saturday.
- China's Wuhan reports zero increase in COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Mar 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported Saturday in Wuhan, the former hardest-hit city in central China's Hubei Province.
- Chinese mainland reports 44 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 44 new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Saturday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 693, according to the National Health Commission Sunday.
- Chinese mainland reports 45 new confirmed COVID-19 cases People's Daily 29 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Sunday it received reports of 45 new confirmed COVID-19 cases on the Chinese mainland on Saturday, of which 44 were imported.
- Beijing tightens outbound travel as pandemic worsens overseas PLA Daily 29 Mar 2020 -- The capital is tightening up outbound management to require all citizens to suspend their travel plans if not necessary as the COVID-19 pandemic worsens overseas.
- Spread of Coronavirus Disease in China Largely Stopped - Health Ministry Sputnik 29 Mar 2020 -- There are currently at least 680,000 people who have been diagnosed with the coronavirus around the world, while the death toll has almost reached 32,000. At the same time, at least 146,000 have recovered from the disease.
- Wuhan Resumes Train Service Following Lockdown VOA 29 Mar 2020 -- Wuhan, China, where the coronavirus epidemic emerged in December, resumed train services Saturday after months of lockdown.
- Domestically developed high-end missile sees first export delivery despite pandemic Global Times 29 Mar 2020 -- A leading Chinese arms firm has delivered a batch of advanced portable HJ-12E anti-tank missiles to an undisclosed foreign buyer amid the pandemic of novel coronavirus pneumonia (COVID-19) in the first export case of this type of high-end weaponry, prompting Chinese analysts to note on Sunday that this showcased the company's reliability and its potential share of the market.
- Commissioner's office of Chinese foreign ministry in HK urges Human Rights Watch not to go further down wrong path People's Daily 29 Mar 2020 -- Office of the Commissioner of the Chinese Foreign Ministry in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) on Saturday slammed Human Rights Watch for grossly interfering with the HKSAR's judicial independence, urging the foreign non-governmental organization not to go further down the wrong path.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list