Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
28 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- In China, Officials Exclude Asymptomatic COVID-19 Carriers From Data VOA 28 Mar 2020 -- Around the world, if someone tests positive for COVID-19, it is a confirmed case. But that is not always how it works in China.
- COVID-19: Why US' Influence in Latin America Fading While China & Russia Winning Soft Power Battle Sputnik 28 Mar 2020 -- The South American continent which has been engulfed by public protests since last year is now bracing for the Covid-19 pandemic. Professor Heinz Dieterich has given his prognosis on how the coronavirus outbreak may affect the balance of power in Latin America.
- Chinese Firm Offers to Replace Faulty Test Kits Sold to Spain VOA 28 Mar 2020 -- A Chinese company offered Friday to replace thousands of faulty coronavirus test kits after Spanish health authorities – desperate for materials to cope with the world's second highest COVID-19 death toll – complained they did not work as promised.
- COVID-19 Started in China. To Change the Narrative, China Started to Tweet VOA 28 Mar 2020 -- Jeff Kao is a ProPublica reporter who analyzed thousands of fake and hijacked Twitter accounts to see how China spreads propaganda online.
- Joint fight against COVID-19 brings closer Malaysia-China ties: Malaysian FM Global Times 28 Mar 2020 -- The joint fight against COVID-19 has bonded Malaysia and China closer as China sending much-needed supplies and support to Malaysia, Malaysian Foreign Minister Hishammuddin Hussein said Saturday.
- Chinese mainland sees 20 provincial regions clear of COVID-19 for over 28 days Global Times 28 Mar 2020 -- Twenty provincial-level regions on the Chinese mainland had reported no new domestic COVID-19 cases for more than 28 days by the end of Friday, a health official said Saturday.
- China donates additional 20,000 COVID-19 fast test kits to Cambodia Global Times 28 Mar 2020 -- China donated an additional of 20,000 fast test kits for COVID-19 to Cambodia on Saturday to help fight the virus, said a statement from the Cambodian Health Ministry.
- Experts elaborate on Chinese experience in fight against novel coronavirus People's Daily 28 Mar 2020 -- China has shared its experience in prevention and control of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) with more than 100 countries, as numbers of infection cases continue to grow around the world, a Chinese epidemiology expert said at a recent press conference.
- Chinese mainland reports zero increase in domestic COVID-19 cases People's Daily 28 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority said Saturday that no new domestically transmitted cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported on the mainland on Friday.
- China's Wuhan comes back to life after two-month lockdown Press TV 28 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese city of Wuhan, where the global new coronavirus outbreak first began late last year, has eased travel restrictions after more than two months of lockdown.
- No force can block China's reunification: mainland spokesperson Global Times 28 Mar 2020 -- A Chinese mainland spokesperson has voiced firm opposition to the signing of the so-called "2019 Taipei Act" into law by the United States, saying China's national reunification and rejuvenation will not be stopped by any force.
- China's top legislature firmly opposes U.S. signing Taiwan-related act into law People's Daily 28 Mar 2020 -- China's top legislature on Friday expressed strong dissatisfaction and firm opposition after the United States signed the so-called "Taiwan Allies International Protection and Enhancement Initiative (TAIPEI) Act of 2019" into law.
- White House signing 'Taipei act' could alienate US, China farther away Global Times 28 Mar 2020 -- US President Donald Trump signing the "Taipei Act" into law and hours later communicating with China over containing the COVID-19 pandemic are deemed not contradictory, Chinese analysts say.
- China will help, US needs to act: Xi to Trump Global Times 28 Mar 2020 -- Less than 20 hours after the G20 leaders' online summit ended, US President Donald Trump, who had rarely interacted with Chinese President Xi Jinping at this unusual meeting in addressing the widening pandemic, invited the Chinese top leader to a phone call on Friday morning, proving that the coronavirus spread has become so severe in the US that Washington had to seek Beijing's help despite the war of words provoked by the Trump administration in recent days.
- Strictest foreigner entry policy proactive to cutting infections Global Times 28 Mar 2020 -- China has taken its strictest measure toward foreigners since the opening-up and reform, which temporarily forbids foreign nationals from entering the border to avoid a second wave of the coronavirus outbreak. Experts said the unprecedented move is necessary and responsible, given that the pandemic has been worsening overseas and China's precautionary measures could avoid the emergence of another Wuhan.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list