Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
26 March 2020 - China Special Weapons News
- China has provided emergency support to 83 countries and regions, including test kits and masks Global Times 26 Mar 2020 -- China has announced to provide emergent support to 83 countries and regions to aid the fight against COVID-19 pandemic. China has offered emergency medical assistance to 28 countries in Asia, 16 in Europe, 26 in Africa, 9 in America and 10 in South Pacific regions: official
- Overseas Chinese students 40% of China's imported COVID19 cases Global Times 26 Mar 2020 -- Ninety percent of imported COVID-19 cases hold Chinese passports, 40 percent of them are overseas students, Luo Zhaohui, vice foreign minister of China, said at a press conference on Thursday in Beijing.
- Chinese Lawyers Sue U.S. Over 'Coronavirus Cover-up' Radio Free Asia 26 Mar 2020 -- Two state-backed Chinese lawyers have brought lawsuits against the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other U.S. departments, alleging that they "covered up" the emergence of the coronavirus.
- China still under pressure to prevent COVID-19 spread: official People's Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- China is still under great pressure in preventing the spread of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as 23 provincial-level regions have reported imported infection cases, a health official said Thursday.
- Beijing reports one new imported COVID-19 case in 12 hours People's Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- Beijing reported one new confirmed case of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from the United States over the past 12 hours by Thursday noon, according to the municipal health commission.
- More Chinese provinces further lower COVID-19 response level People's Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- More provinces in China have further downgraded their emergency response toward the COVID-19 outbreak as the epidemic is receding in the country.
- Beijing reports 6 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- Beijing reported six new confirmed cases of novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) from other countries Wednesday, the municipal health commission said Thursday.
- Chinese mainland reports 67 new imported COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- The Chinese mainland reported 67 new imported cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Wednesday, bringing the total number of imported cases to 541, according to the National Health Commission Thursday.
- China's Wuhan reports zero increase in COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- No new confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported Wednesday in Wuhan, the former hardest-hit city in central China's Hubei Province.
- Chinese mainland reports zero increase in domestic COVID-19 cases People's Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- Chinese health authority Thursday said that no new domestically transmitted cases of the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) were reported on the Chinese mainland on Wednesday.
- Extending lockdown measures will delay 2nd wave of COVID-19 until later this year: Study Press TV 26 Mar 2020 -- Early loosening or lifting of lockdown measures will bring the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic closer, a new study warns.
- China reports zero local coronavirus transmissions, but new imported ones +World updates Press TV 26 Mar 2020 -- China has managed to prevent local transmissions of the new coronavirus for a second consecutive day, while reporting an increase in cases of infection coming in from abroad.
- Second Wave of COVID-19 Imminent if Wuhan Lockdown Measures Lifted Too Soon - Study Sputnik 26 Mar 2020 -- A study published in The Lancet medical journal Thursday warns that relaxing the quarantine measures in the Chinese city of Wuhan - the first epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak - too soon could result in a second wave of coronavirus cases.
- G7 countries oppose fellow-member US's attempt to label coronavirus as Chinese Press TV 26 Mar 2020 -- The latest meeting of the Group of Seven (G7) countries has ended in disarray because of attempts by the United States to include language in a draft final statement that linked the new coronavirus to China.
- China Blasts US for 'Poisoning Ties' as US Navy Sails Tomahawk-Armed Warship Through Taiwan Strait Sputnik 26 Mar 2020 -- Taiwan's defence ministry carried out large-scale drills on Tuesday simulating a response to a mock invasion of the island by China, alleging that the exercises were a 'response' to repeated "provocations and threats" by Beijing.
- 33rd Chinese naval escort taskforce returns from Gulf of Aden PLA Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- On the afternoon of March 25, the 33rd escort taskforce of the Chinese People's Liberation Army (PLA) Navy, consisting of the guided-missile destroyer Xining (Hull 117), the guided-missile frigate Weifang (Hull 550), and the comprehensive supply ship Kekexili Lake (Hull 968), returned to a military port in Qingdao after successfully completing its escort missions in the Gulf of Aden.
- Chinese peacekeeping engineers to DRC complete road repair mission PLA Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- The Carniola Road repaired by the Walungu detachment of the 23rd Chinese peacekeeping engineer contingent to the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) successfully passed the acceptance inspection by the engineering department of the United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO) on the morning of March 24, local time.
- Xi encourages G20 to fend off recession with coordinated policies PLA Daily 26 Mar 2020 -- President Xi Jinping on Thursday called on all the G20 members to enhance coordination of macro policies to prevent a recession of the global economy under the influence of the novel coronavirus pneumonia.
- China's Economy Expected to Shrink in The First Half Radio Free Asia 26 Mar 2020 -- As China's economy struggles to recover from the COVID-19 epidemic, analysts are trying to estimate how much damage has already been done.
- The Spokesman Tweets: a Closer Look at China's Infowars Radio Free Asia 26 Mar 2020 -- Foreign ministry spokesman Zhao Lijian, lionized as a defender of China by its tightly controlled state media, has recently taken to Twitter to promote the claim that the coronavirus didn't originate in China -- a move which analysts said is part of a broader overseas disinformation campaign being waged by Beijing.
- Chinese Property Tycoon's Letter Seen as 'Internal Strife' by Chinese President Radio Free Asia 26 Mar 2020 -- Property tycoon Ren Zhiqiang is under investigation by the ruling Chinese Communist Party after he apparently penned an article highly critical of President Xi Jinping.
- China Rebukes Pompeo for 'Wuhan Virus' Comment VOA 26 Mar 2020 -- China's Foreign Ministry Thursday strongly condemned comments made by U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo in which he referred to COVID-19 as the "Wuhan" virus and claimed China has been waging a "disinformation campaign" about the epidemic.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list